Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just talked to customer service and they told me I received that email in error and that the item isn't backordered and the shipping estimate they see is 8-12 days because it's shipped straight from AE

Comment

VanLu is correct - I received the same e-mail when I did this on Monday, and the shoes shipped out directly from AE on Tuesday. I received them this morning. Nordstrom simply doesn't stock many of these directly and it takes an extra day to get them from the AE factory, hence the auto-notification.

Comment

RE eBay for shoes:

I just search for size 11 Allen Edmonds. Something worth knowing about me...I have no problem wearing uncomfortable shoes. After wearing steel toe boots all my life, anything is better. I've worn work boots a entire size too small for a year because I didn't want to waste them.

Not much of a strategy to my buying - I just put in a $31 bid on any Allen Edmonds shoe in good condition and see what happens!

Comment

A big part of me wants to get the Factory Thompson, but I just bought two Hilfger trim fits so I can't really justify it right now.

And I got the same email about the backorder, but hoping it goes through tomorrow like someone else mentioned.

Comment

Damnit Nick, we end up against each other on ebay

I've expanded out from AE brands, going to try florsheim(imperial only), magnanni, J&M etc.

Once I find a certain size that fits I'll be more risky with higher end brands like Alden, lobb etc

Comment

@shad0w4life Same here. I have saved searches for a lot of brands, from lower to higher end. My choices are somewhat more limited with my small size, but at least I'm not against anyone!

I put a $20 bid on a pair of Edward Green wingtip this week, but now the shoes are going for +$600. We can't win every time.

Comment

Speak of the devil, just got the J&Ms..I paid $30 for them and $15 shipping. Will post in recent instead of here.

Comment

@shadow: Which J&Ms?

Comment

Melton Optima's in Burgundy Calf(stiff sobs right now) they are in recent purchases.

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=685&sc=1228&fv=1&pid=38301

For $30 they are great, if I paid $200 I'd be not so happy, they are quite heavy feeling compared to every other shoe I've worn and very stiff. The plus side is the weight should give me a bit more leg endurance for sports

Comment

@shadow: Those look great!

Comment

Men's Refined Straight Fit Chino in Plum grape now back to $3.50.

Limited size available (33x30, 38x34)

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-404977_LE.html?amp;CM_MERCH=REC-_-LIPP-_-GGT-_-2-_-404977-_-401124#

Just purchased mine a week ago for $11.50 more so I'll see if I can do a price adjust. Anyone had any luck with that?

Comment

Haha, man, are you really going to call them and ask them to discount already really cheap pants an additional amount due to a sale that occurred after you bought yours so you can get them, essentially, for free? I feel like that might be taking advantage! By the time you're paying $15/75% off for a pair of pants, wanting to discount *that* by another 75% is a little... really? I don't mind paying for something I get use out of, especially when it's already cheap and the alternative is an outlandishly low price.

Comment

@jay - yes they do price adj, but their process is weird. They will submit an adj request and then usually 2-3 days the credit difference will go back to your card. no updates letting you know its been done so you have to just keep checking.

Comment

@jay - yes they do price adj, but their process is weird. They will submit an adj request and then usually 2-3 days the credit difference will go back to your card. no updates letting you know its been done so you have to just keep checking.

Comment

@itsm3json, thanks.

@pitseleh, yes. And I did. And that's there policy. If it drops within 14 days they'll honor the new lower price. No need to leave money on the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X