Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordstroms likely buys the shoes for $80 (not even joking), so don't shed any tears for them. Berens likely paid more as a small-time retailer but surely isn't selling them below cost.

Comment

Acoustic - Despite generating a lot of income lately from my new business, my wife insisted that I put the brakes on spending since I left for two weeks and came back to six boxes of custom shirts, AE shoes, and Birchbox Man. Plus bringing home shopping bags from Milwaukee. If I had a separate work address like I used to, this would never have happened!

That, and I'm now realizing that I can buy AE shoes for $30-$40 shipped on eBay, provided they lack the name recognition of Strand or * Avenues that everyone is searching for. My chili McAllisters arrived today for $24.50, and I'm tickled pink...er...I'm stoked!

Comment

@nc - I have been tempted to pick up some AE shoes on ebay, however not knowing how the shoes fit due to the lasts has stopped me. How do you know your sizes?

Comment

@itsm: Every shoe fits different, but it's not a bad idea to view your general size in lasts. I would recommend getting a feel for all of the AE lasts in a store. Specifically making sure you get a good feel for your best fit in the 5 last, 4 last, 8 last and 7 last as AE releases some popular models in these.

Comment

@nicholas, where on Ebay? I want a pair, but can't afford 200-something dollars.

Comment

LEC has a nice sale on Summer shirts going on from Jul 6-10:

LINK

Comment

hey everyone - has anyone seen a lands' end percent off coupon floating around the internet lately? it seems like it's been a while since they put one out. looking to pick up a cotton poplin suit on the cheap that i can throw in a suitcase for my honeymoon.

Comment

No %-off codes that I know off, but there always seems to be one around the corner, which makes me hesitant to buy anything without one...

I really want to try out the camp shirt and this shirt but if they don't fit slim enough (or are too long on me like almost everything from LEC) they really won't work...

Comment

I know LE/LEC is having an up to 75% off tent sale at their Dodgeville, WI location July 25th, but not sure if any sale will go up online.

Comment

Jcrew is doing 30% off sale items right now. code MUSTHAVE

The Thompson suit is on deep discount right now and this makes it even better, for those who havne't gotten it in the past.

Comment

@Jordan - Awesome. Some of their shirts were already marked down to $40 instead of the usual $60, but this brings them to a mere $28.

Comment

FYI to all participants in yesterday's AE/Berenshoes operation, I just got an email telling me my Strands are backordered.

Comment

I just got that email too =[

Comment

Cue sad trombone.

Comment

just received backordered email also

- black park avenue

Comment

Working...
                                X