Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@acoustic. Yeah I ordered the 7th avenues. Funny story, I went into the store to exchange some laces and they had a display model out and I thought they were awesome. Long story short, a trip to exchange some laces turned into a 265$ purchase (the SA gave me a 35$ off card).... lets just say I'm a rather frequent customer. And I'll post some pics if I ever learn how to upload em!

Comment

You think they wouldn't honor the orders? They already charged me.

Comment

I just got off the phone with Nordstrom - they tried to look up the Berens deal to verify it, couldn't find it, but the rep on the phone was awesome and charged me $147 for a pair of Strands anyways - there's still hope!

Comment

Good to know jpb. Call now mixto!

Comment

wow the entire allen edmonds line is now gone from beren.

Who wants to make a bet a rep from Nordstrom just got on there and bought them out? hah

Comment

just got off the phone...didn't work.

Comment

That was like an old fashioned caper. Who found that Beren sale to begin with? Fifty of us must have new, half-off AE shoes thanks to that guy. I'm going to buy you... a pizza.

Comment

Jordan - exactly.

Comment

Greatest day in the history of the internet. I keep trying to remind myself that Christianity looks down on the acquisition of material things, but I am giddy about getting the shoes. The berenshoes site doesn't even mention Allen Edmonds anymore. I hope we did not kill the Nordstrom price match golden goose... But it was worth it if we did!

Comment

@Nicholas: Where you able to score some strands from this? I know you've been looking!

Comment

I wouldnt be too surprised if they cancel the shipments and refund everyone.

When you think about how many people posted on here saying they bought them (10-15), think about how many people that didnt post on here also tried to do it. They potentially had 100 or more people calling about this.

Comment

@Jordan: Hmm 100+ isn't too damaging...If this deal lasted more than the few hours it was up...it would have been incredibly embarrassing if Nordstrom didn't have any Strands or PA left in inventory even for their early card holders before the start of next weeks anniversary sale lol

Comment

100 sales would be $20,800 in lost revenue. I bet somebody noticed.

Comment

Jordan: Yeah, I thought of that... Sometimes airlines do that when someone accidentally puts "too low" of an airfare in the computer. Cancel the order and refund the money. What I think would be great P.R. instead would be to send us an email like " Okay you got us, please remember that Nordstrom's is the coolest store evah when you need to buy clothes."

Comment

I originally did the price match on Monday and my Strands are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Nordstrom drop ships these and the shoes are sent directly from Allen Edmonds. While I'm sure the influx in orders on a niche item caused some flags to go up, the price match follows their policy posted at http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/pricing-policy. Sure, they could get people on the size thing, but Nordstrom is a pretty good company and will probably honor these unless anyone tried to order 10 or 20 pairs of shoes to resell.

Comment

Working...
                                X