Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, well I think it tends to be more economic to shop in the stores themselves, if you're only buying one or two shirts at a time. As I mentioned, you can get around some of the more annoying limits of their promotions, you avoid shipping flat-rate shipping charges, and on occasion I've seen their in-store sale items marked lower than they were online. This is just from my experience, though, as I really only ever buy two shirts from them at once. I also don't really use their 1MX stuff all that much, as I feel negatively about the feel of the cloth/how easily it wrinkles/its breathability, so a lot of this applies mostly to their 100% cotton shirts, which actually are easier to get on sale imo, as they're often about $5 more than the 1MX shirts, making them easier to hit just over $60/90/120/150 with.

Comment

Unfortunately, I require the Small Tall for the 1MX. The regular smalls are just way too short in the sleeve. Realizing that has saved me a ton of money since there are only about 5 shirts in a Small Tall and only online!

Yes, the clearance racks/bins are usually made up of the 100% cotton casual shirts, I've noticed too. They are probably sourced from different places (pants too) because the sleeve lengths care vary widely between the non-1MX shirts. Definitely recommend trying them on in-store, but I'm very confident the 1MX shirts are identical and would buy them online or in-store without trying them on, once you know your size and fit.

Comment

40% off orders of $75 or more at Sierra Trading Post with code SITELOW612

Comment

I definitely would plan to buy in store due to shipping. Are you referring to their 100% cotton 1mx shirts not breathing well and wrinkling easily or other shirts? I don't have much experience with their shirts since I just picked up my first shirt from express.

Comment

The 1MX shirts are 97% cotton and 3% spandex. The shirt you and I bought is 100% cotton and not part of their 1MX line.

Comment

http://www.6pm.com/allen-edmonds-strawfut-brown-calf-linen

AE Strawfut in brown/linen for $102, currently one pair in stock in each of sizes 8 3E and 8.5 3E

Comment

@trash: Thanks for the Sierra code. I had no idea they had suits. I was able to snag 2 Ralph Laurens for a nice price.

Comment

As Nicholas mentioned, their 1MX line is distinct from their 100% cotton line. Aside from the fact that they both get their own section, 1MX shirts are solid colors, and (at least, as far as I've seen) their 100% cotton shirts tend to never be solid colors. My issues with the cloth extend only to the 1MX line; I don't know what that 3% spandex does to the 97% cotton, but I don't like it! That said, I still own about half a dozen of them. Even with the issues, the the fit and color choices sometimes make them the only viable option for me (see: solid navy dress shirt).

As a counterpoint, I've also accrued a fair amount of their 100% cotton shirts, and found that they tend to be, if anything, more consistent than their 1MX, in my experience! I tend to prefer their fitted options (rather than extra slim or modern), and while the 1MX ones often vary in terms of how fitted they are through the body, the 100% cotton ones generally don't. I do have issues with the arm lengths, though - you'd think for calling themselves "American's best-fitting dress shirt," they'd at least offer some N&S options rather than just the normal S/M/L setup.

Comment

Strands for 147.50... Some normal sizes too.

http://www.berenshoes.com/allen-edmo...AE0006_BRN_CF/

Comment

Also, Elgin for $147.50

http://www.berenshoes.com/allen-edmonds-elgin-lace-up/p/AE0026_TAN_CF/

And Park Aves for $162.50

http://www.berenshoes.com/allen-edmo...AE0005_BLK_CF/

Comment

damn they dont have my size

im inbetween a 9.5 and 10 in park aves. Think i can get away with a 10b?

Comment

Looks like they just dropped their prices some more for the odder sizes... nice. Tempting to pick some up for resale. (PA's were at $220ish before and Strands at $206)

Comment

Using that STP sale listed earlier... these look like they could be a good deal:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/johnston-and-murphy-brennan-shoes-suede-oxfords-for-men~p~4844n/?filterString=mens-dress-shoes~d~321%2Fsizefamily~size%3B10.5%2FJohnston-and-Murphy~b~10159%2C1917%2C6176%2C19122%2F&colorFamil y=02

Does anyone know much about the Brennan's?

Comment

Hm... for starters idk if those are actually brennans. I have brennans in a taupe nubuck and they are a wingtip. Either way, they are quite comfy and a great summer shoe. This is the 2nd summer I've had them and they are holding up very well.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Picked up the park aves in 10b. I really hope they fit. If not I will be re selling

Comment

Working...
                                X