Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris you beat me to it, it's so tempting...

Also, it's only on the $379 suits, but if you want a more expensive one you can just pay the added amount (i.e. if you want a $399 suit, you get the deal for $320 from Thrillist, then you pony up the difference between $379 and $399 which is $20. The total would be $340).

Comment

Express get $15 off $30 and $30 off $75 using the code 1471 and 1499. Only applies to non-discounted items.

Comment

Hmm, I might have to start re-reading all those Indochino reviews to decide if I want to try this. I hate suit shopping as a 36S.

Comment

@ trash Thanks for the headsup! Just ordered 2 blazers with the buy one get one half off stacked with additional 5 dollars off and discover cashback!

Comment

Gilt currently has up to 75% some summer stock including the Bonobos All-Rounder for $29 in white/pink stripe and pink. As the Bonobos codes dry up this seems to be a good deal.

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/summer-of-75-off

Comment

I wish Gilt would put sleeve length rather than "model is 6'1 in a medium" but they all have their sleeves rolled up.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Last Call trim fit dress shirts? How trim are we talking?

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Check out Style & Fashion, Lifestyle, Shopping, Sports Forums for the latest deals

Comment

@tomservo, I think they fit slight snugly than Charles Tyrwhitt Slim Fit shirts. They might be the same or a little slimmer than Banana Republic slim fit but the material is quite better (crisp 2 ply cotton)

I picked up 2 of those shirts.. finally was able to use up my livingsocial credit.. 38$ shipped for 2 (after 50$ livingsocial cert).

Comment

@tomservo - I am a 15.5 x 34/35 in most shirts (I'm a true 34, but it's hard to find that sleeve sizing these days) and 6 ft and 175. I'd say that of the shirts I have from slimmer to less slim:

Boss Black -> Charles Tyrwhitt -> Nordstrom Trim Fit/Nieman Marcus Trim Fit (comparable) -> BR slim fit

I've gotten the sides taken in on the BR slim fit shirts, but the Nordstrom Rack and Nieman Marcus trim fits make me think I can get away without any tailoring. Right on the edge, but I think I'll leave them be.

I can take measurements when I get home.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhiit slim fit is like a tent, I had to have the entire thing taken apart as darts alone couldn't fix the waist on it.

I really dislike that company after my whole experience with them:

I bought from US site that had "customs and duty included" fine print said USA only, so ok that could be my fault for not reading everything, but then they even said "If you would have ordered from the UK site, it would have been much cheaper". Ok if you KNOW that why didn't you tell me when I placed my order and even called with questions about it.

They also won't let me post reviews to their feedback, even though they claim their business model is around customer satifaction etc.

Yes, I dislike those twats.

Comment

My post is about their tailored fit which is slimmer than their slim fit. If you choose a shirt in traditional, slim, or tailored fit, there is a measurement link on the web page with chest and waist measurements so you can compare.

None of this is to diminish your experience shadow. Sounds annoying.

Comment

Lord, tell us how you really feel, shadow.

Here is the link RBM mentions: http://www.ctshirts.com/Formal-shirts-sizing-guide?cnt=sizing-guides

CT slim fits are actually pretty reasonably cut for those of us who aren't super skinny. Looks like the tailored are about ~1.5" slimmer through the chest vs. the slim, and a little more through the waist area.

My biggest gripe with CT shirts is that they aren't long enough to keep tucked in well, given my height (6'3, so not an abnormal height). If they'd fix that, I think they'd be great shirts for their sale prices.

Comment

I had 3 slim and 1 tailored, all had to be taken apart. But as you can see on their size chart, a 16" neck has a 44 chest but a 41 waist...

I'm a 42" chest so that was great but my waist is 33. That's why the complaints on my part, it's not really a tailored or slim fit by any means.

I was unaware I was classified as super skinny

Comment

Average height of a male in the US is 5'10"....so 6'3" is actually a little abnormal

Comment

Working...
                                X