Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch... $40 shipping to Canada for the no string wings.

Comment

@ag101 That's steep. But basically, that covers taxes, brokerage fees and all this crap. No «hidden» fees at the door. They ship by Fedex by the way.

And I got a $40 gift card there, so yeah, free shipping.

Comment

Anybody have any working coupon codes for Express? Trying to send off this order ASAP but it's wack, knowing that they'll probably release a new coupon code any day now. tytyty

Comment

GAHHHHH Express, boo!!! (Why I am Anti Express: Buttons fell off first wash, wrinkles like a SOB, cost more than made to measure shirts)

Unless it's tshirts or underwear Their stretch cotton T's are good value.

Comment

if you are paying more than 25$ per dress shirt at Express you are getting taken for a ride. They are constantly on sale and usually stackable with the coupons they will mass snail mail you.

That said, I wish I could find a quality dress shirt with the same cut as Express modern or slim fit.

Comment

To each his own. FWIW, I'm trying to get these Express cotton-linen slacks, & with the quickness - hot weather this way comes. If I had more time I'd be ordering linen slacks from Studio Suits or something.

Comment

I'm in Canada, so it's $70 first shirt, second is 1/2 off and then you get like $15 off of $100. Far from a good deal, and why I said MTM is better, plus you can get it fitted how you'd like, I'm hoping my final shirts coming in fit like Express shirts though.

Pants I returned shortly after too, very expensive.

Just my experience for other options:

Lands' End and Tommy Hilfiger slim sharkskin pants on sale are great.

Paul Fredrick is ok, did get wool linen unhemmed for $41 more traditional fitting though.

Comment

LEC is doing 50% off swimwear, in case you didn't catch it. I got their Vintage Board Shorts in Sailcloth Multi Plaid last go around and I'm extremely happy with them.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
                  -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

Redsubway,

Did they fit correctly? The review says to go down a size from your normal waist - is that correct?

Comment

based on a pair of chinos I have from them, and the reviews saying size down, and the fact you want swim shorts to fit fairly snug, I sized down to a 31 from a 32. But I havent gotten mine in yet so i dont know how they will fit.

Comment

Any thoughts on these ties from Last Call? Will they go cheaper than $35 with a 30% off code, or will they raise the price if there is a code?

http://www.lastcall.com/p/Neiman-Marcus-Pin-Dot-Silk-Tie-Gift-Box-Red/prod9620140_cat000002__/?index=&eVar4=rvi&cmCat=rvi

http://www.lastcall.com/p/English-La...253D4294965183

Comment

Banana Republic has restocked their blazer section now that the 40% sales are over. There's still an active coupon for 25% off that works on blazers and most suiting: BREXCUSE.

Comment

Thanks, Jessy. I got the no-string wing in gray with a $30 belt thrown to get me free shipping.

Comment

I'm very torn between the No-String and those bucks that Jordan has pointed out. Anyone care to weight in?

Comment

@exrunner: I got my regular size (30) and they fit perfectly. So in my experience, I would not recommend sizing down.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
                                -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

Working...
                                X