Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the multicheck last time they had some ridiculous deal on shirts. It's pretty nice, although very lightweight -- will be good for beach trips, etc.

Comment

How are the fits for these LEC shirts? I have a couple of LE shirts (non iron) and they're baloony to say the least

Comment

From my experience, these won't be an ideal fit for most of the posters here. I'm larger than most of you guys, and they aren't necessarily slim on me although they're a good size for a casual shirt in my opinion.

Comment

LEC shirts are a not the slimmest but not one-size-fits-all either. I'd say they're about the same as Bonobos shirts, maybe slightly larger.

Comment

To get a slim fit on LEC shirts, I've found I have to size down. I'm 6 ft 175 with a 38" chest/34" sleeve. All the smalls I've had fit well. The mediums have not fit so well.

My question is about the pants. I haven't purchased LEC pants before. I saw that there are chinos in <a>Refined Slim fit</a>, Vintage Slim fit, and Refined Straight Fit.

I'm interested in the Wrought Iron color. First of all, is there any primer on how these 3 styles fit? I think I'm a 31"x31" in Levi's 514's and Bonobos. I bought 31x32 in both, but I'm really probably a 31" length with break. 30" is no break.

Anyway, for those who own LEC Chinos, any advice on which LEC is closest to either 514s or Bonobos? Also, do you size down in these in comparison to your sizes in those other pants? I saw this and some other references, but nothing definitive.

Obviously, I can order a bunch of pants in a bunch of sizes and return those that do not fit, but if I can narrow down the choices with information, I'm all for it. I feel badly when I return the the local Inlet and it seems like the clothes are going on the clearance rack.

Comment

Double thanks to @fiestaplatypus. So glad I checked the forums before making that inevitable purchase!

Comment

@redbeardedmike - I have very similar measurements, so for reference: I wear Bononobos 31x32, Levis 514, Gap, BR & JCrew 32x32, I have LEC Slim Fit Cords in 32x32 and they fit me perfect.

Comment

I wear 44-46" Jacket / 17.5" Collar / 35-36" Sleeve length. Any pointers for good casual shirt options from this sale?

Comment

No prob guys. I'm always scouting out deals for items I've had on my Amazon wishlist for some time (the white linen bird shirt, the checkered shirt that everyone wants and the chambray pullover). One tip I can point out is to always check for coupon codes any time you're purchasing from a sale that doesn't use them. My favorite way to check is to search the company/website on: dealspl.us

I'll usually just google it like this: "lands end dealspl.us".

I find a lot of free shipping codes this way, too, for some smaller sites.

Comment

Retailmenot.com is a good place for promo codes. I would also recommend joining cashback rewards site like ebates. The amount may be miniscule, but it adds up. ie The No String Wings were bought with a promo code, and got 13% cash back, so it ended up being ~ $70 shipped.

Comment

For those with a H&M store in town...H&M just emailed a 35% off coupon valid on one item until May 27th.

Just show the print out or via your mobile device and they'll take the discount at the register.

Print this: http://www.anpdm.com/newsletterweb/48445C467549435940704743/44435F4A7540475A417445435C43

or show this page:

http://m.hm.com/us/__mobileFashionNe...-US-_-mhmcom_L

Comment

I was just coming here to post about the LAC sale! This is really opportune; I'd been meaning to buy a couple plain oxfords in white and light blue, and just a few days ago buckled and ordered both for full price. Now, I can send them back, as I've already ordered the same exact shirts, plus a pair of dark green chinos, and a pair of jeans for the exact same price. That plus some stuff for my girlfriend ended up being $410 worth of junk for... $135 shipped. I don't know how this is a profitable model for them. Does anyone even buy their clothes when they know the vast majority of their non-staple seasonal stuff will eventually be $11.99?

Comment

The Heritage Oxfords are fantastic casual shirts. Soft and comfortable, but not so rumply that you can't wear them with a pair of cotton or wool trousers. I already have one in red, but I'm thinking about picking up a blue or a white one. Or both. Also thinking about getting some of those Refined Slim Fit chinos.

Comment

@BJ, I'm also looking at the Heritage Oxfords. Do you have any info on sizing? I know LEC tends to be pretty boxy, but I'm afraid a small won't fit my shoulders. For reference, I have a 15.5" neck and 34" sleeve.

Comment

I bought the Refined fit chinos in blue and a couple of shirts.

Pants - Insignia Blue:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-vintage-slim-fit-chino~226866_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::LVT&CM_MERC H=canvas-search-_-406632+or+406631+or+404952+or+404970+or+404977+or+ 408667+or+415579+or+416672

Golden Straw Plaid Poplin Shirt:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-large-plaid-poplin-shirt~224869_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::G58&CM_MERC H=IDX_men-_-shirts-&origin=index

Men's Coastal Linen Shirt in Ivory/ Blue Stripe:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-coastal-linen-cotton-shirt~238626_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::I66&CM_MERC H=IDX_men-_-shirts-&origin=index

60$ with free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X