Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browsing the site now, seems like the trim-fit shirts might be a good option. I've read good things about them here, but I've never tried one myself. Otherwise nothing really standing out, except some ties and socks.

Comment

@zerostyle It really depends what you're in the market for. I think it's an excellent opportunity to pick up suits if you need one. $360 out the door for a hickey freeman.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Hmm... HF runs too boxy for me - I need a slimmer fit. I'm looking at a few trim fit shirts that might not be too bad here.

Comment

Yeah they have a ton of good patterned shirts in there. Lots of checks and windowpanes in good colors. And for $30?! Hard/impossible to beat. I don't really need any more shirts but those prices are almost too good to pass up on.

Comment

Any experience with HF? Seems like a reasonable price if it's a decent quality suit. Full canvassed? Half? Zero says runs boxy (not a bad thing necessarily for my size/shape), but anything else fit-wise to know about?

I'm looking at a basic gray (seems to be a charcoal), so nothing crazy.

Comment

I recently bought a trimfit from NM .. It's boxier compared to my Charles Tyrwhitt Slim fit for what it's worth.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but Endless has a code for 20% which I think applies to dress shoes. I used it on a paid of Allen Edmonds Strands and they came out to $265 from $335 with free two day shipping. The code is FORMAL12

Comment

@hornsup

HF suits are definitely boxy. They are made for the common denominator so you won't get a fit like a ludlow. Expect a good $80-$100 in tailoring if you need a real tight fit. I'm a 48 chest 38 waist. If I had a more typical 6 inch drop I could have gotten away without much being done to the jacket. The armholes are decently high.

The quality however is impeccable. amazing fabric and craftsmanship. If you're in the market for a good quality suit and can spare the funds $359 plus $100 for tailoring on a HF is a huge step up from suit supply.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Sold, thanks again Tom -- now the debate of whether to wait to see if I can get the $25 for 50 living social (Trash, I used your link, btw) in time...

Comment

Offtopic but I suppose I have to shadow tomservo for fit suggestions as he's close to my build (46 C/36 W).

Comment

Good to see some other guys on here aren't as skinny as the vast majority here seem to be. (44 C / 34-36 W)

Comment

Also on HF suits, for me the shoulders were particularly wide.

Comment

FWIW, I'm a "boxy" 40R (34 waist), and my HF blazer is the best-fitting jacket I own. My next suit purchase is going to be one of those Last Call HF suits (charcoal, to be exact). I'm going to have to save up, but these LC sales occur relatively frequently. They just sort of rotate departments to put on sale.

Comment

I wonder if a google spreadsheet of some sort would help for users to keep track of measurements and have some perspective.

@Alan I'm pretty sure they had 40% off 1 item across all site last month or so.

Comment

I wish that the LC sale had some light gray suites. Only options seem to be navy or charcoal...

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Working...
                                X