Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my LEC shipment came in today. I didn't realize that a couple of the polos I ordered were so similar to colors I already have so they'll probably go back. I haven't tried on the plum chinos, but the navy straight fit chinos are a pretty good fit for me.

@Tat: Very nice! Those are some good looking shoes.

Comment

@trash I have 4-5 jcrew factory shirts I wear regularly. Im 5'11, just about 150, and the XS fits me perfectly. They fit off the rack a lot better than my LEC smalls so I wouldnt compare the XS to a normal S.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Banana Republic 40% off one item today 4/11 (In-store only). I may finally be tempted to pull the trigger on the gray cotton blazer.

Comment

@ trash

"Anybody know how J.Crew Factory shirts fit? I feel like I've heard that they're not the slimmest so sizing down helps, but since they're a hassle to return I don't know if I should give some a shot or look for similar shirts/prices at Lands' End..."

I've had to slim down a size to have a nice slim cut fit. I usually wear a medium (6ft, 170ish lbs, athletic build), but way too baggy. Sizing down to a small fits me perfect, in almost every way. Almost so perfect, I'm afraid to put it in the dryer after I wash it so it doesn't shrink :X Make sure you get their "tailor" fit shirts, and definitely go in store and try it on before purchasing, if possible. At less than $30 for a Jcrew quality shirt is a good deal imo. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've got an online code for 40% off. Not sure i'm going to use it.

I'm gonna check the site again this afternoon and make sure there isnt anything I need. If not, does someone here want the code?

Comment

@tdig and @pfmicks thanks for the info! Sounds like I should size down. Unfortunately no factory stores nearby...I guess I could go to a regular J.Crew (assuming the shirts are cut similarly as the factory shirts) but even that's a bit out of the way. I'm going to mull it over, but I've got a bunch of gingham shirts in my cart (along with that factory laptop bag I keep not buying) and I definitely need some gingham in my closet.

Comment

Jordan are you talking about 40% off at BR? I've wanted a pair of their Emerson Chino's since I tried them on in store but have been waiting for a decent sale. If you end up not using the coupon I'd probably spring for them.

Comment

DAMN YOU J.CREW AND YOU'RE 30% OFF CODES!!!!!!!

Comment

New styles added to J. Crew Final Sale:

http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchNa...=1334176224462

Comment

Jordan, if The Fussy Dutchman doesn't want the code, I would appreciate it.

Comment

Just bought a Thompson suit and a Bayswater peacoat with Thinsulate for about $230. Feeling pretty good about it. I just hope the sizing is right, because I didn't get a chance to try it in person.

Comment

The factory laptop bag is now about $35 after the discount. I preferred the other color, but at that price I'm thinking of picking one up, even with the reports of subpar quality...

Comment

It's a tempting price to be sure, but I subscribe to the philosophy of "Buy once, buy forever". For my money, I wouldn't want to be caught out when a bag I picked up for a song suddenly sounds a sour note when it fails on me.

This thread (http://dappered.com/2011/03/j-crew-r...riefcase-sale/) convinced me to save up for something more substantial. For the look the J. Crew Factory Laptop bag is going for, I'd save up for a Filson or something similar.

Comment

Anyone have a Bonobos referal code? I am thinking of purchasing the navy seersucker suit off there, and in case I choose to, might as well save me and earn you 25 bucks!

Comment

http://curebit.com/x/Pok0D

Here you go!

Comment

Working...
                                X