Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have neither I am telling you, these American companies could make some money just by shipping here... I dont get why they dont. In the last month or so alone, I have not purchased 4-5 things I would have simply because they wont ship here.

Our options are quite limited, and fairly expensive. Constant sales arent a thing here. We have 1 or 2 big sales a year, and even there, you might save 25% if youre lucky. The horrible lack of reasonably priced good clothing is what got me here, and what got me into online shopping.

Comment

And even there, sometimes things are less expensive at retail in the US than on sale in Canada, like Dockers pants.

Comment

Just let us annex you and take all your natural resources. Then it'll all work itself out. :-D

Comment

I'll trade all the wood in my backyard for a great-fitting pair of pants.

Comment

I own several alpha khakis and D1 Signature khakis (and like the fit on both), so I was excited for the D1 Soft khakis to go on sale.

Tried them on in store, and the fit just felt wrong. The material was nice and light, but they did not taper at the end like the other two styles, and seemed to fit looser than 514's. They almost flared out at the end.

Comment

Haha Jessy. Priceless comment.

Comment

@splitplug same here, that plus the apparent wild inconsistencies in cut means I only buy Dockers if they're deeply discounted ($10 or so like the last few pairs I bought) and I can get them cheaply tailored to make them fit nicely.

Comment

Splitplug, did you find that the Alpha khakis had a much heavier/more rugged material? Darnit I want D1s in that material! Can't exactly widen my Alpha Khakis.

Comment

@LosRockets Yes, the Alpha Khakis have the heaviest and most denim-like material of the three styles (Signature, Soft khaki, Alpha). The soft khaki seemed like the thinnest of the three.

Comment

$55 ray-ban wayfarers?

https://www.saveology.com/deals/nati...ub_id=National

Comment

I am finding this $47 navy twill blazer very tempting... thoughts?

http://shop.roguesgallery.com/products/Navy-Twill-Blazer.html

they also have it in khaki

http://shop.roguesgallery.com/produc...ll-Blazer.html

Comment

@JC: I prefer it in khaki. The navy one reminds me of a darker version of the LEC chambray blazer (of which I've found I'm not a fan). I know the two you listed are identical except for the color, but the blue just flips a switch in my brain that I can't explain.

Comment

Saved by it being sold out

Comment

Sometimes that's a blessing. I returned the To Boot Nnew York navy suede loafers to nordstroms and ended up picking up those Bruno Magli navy suede loafers on ebay - better shoes for less money. So you never know...

Comment

@Jason : Aww men, they even had it in X-Small ! I probably would have bought both at this price.

Comment

Working...
                                X