This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$15 Flat Front Mossimo Shorts at Target in Lots of Colors. Saw it here:

http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/field-manual/sale-15-flat-front-shorts-at-target-in-lots-of-colors

The leg opening looks a little big. Has anyone tried these yet?

Comment

GAP deals happen often, but sometimes it's 20%, other times it's 30%, and then real grab is when they go to 40%. A lot of times there are omissions from the sale though, and those pants have been left out before.

Comment

Oh jeebus... don't buy a $100 polyester tuxedo from Macy's. Please. Also don't ever pay full price at Gap.

Comment

The Michael Kors blazer that BenR mentioned a few days ago is now $85 online, too. It's something for anyone looking to fill that niche if it does, in fact, fit better than the online pic would indicate. I personally like the pewter buttons.

Comment

Hmm. Been waiting on those shorts to drop. Might go try them in a second, although my target didn't have near that many colors.

Comment

@jose, If you do go try them on, please post here on the fit. Thanks!

Comment

@Jason, any pointers on similar pants? Those GAP pants were a good fit and everything but didn't feel much like a 60$ khaki

Comment

Saw them at my local Target. The leg opening didn't look too wide, but they seemed to be pretty long and the tag read "hits below the knee."

Comment

Grr, maybe I shouldn't be spending money right now, but it's so hard when you find good deals.

Here are a few things I'm looking at from the Last Call sale:

Hush Puppies tan sneaker ($45) - I'm really digging the wingtipped casual shoes.

Also considering these Sebago boat shoes.

Are either of these deals worth breaking a no-spend lent for?

Comment

@Juan I've got the Mossimo shorts, bought several and when they went on sale this weekend got them price fixed and bought out the rest of the color ways. I like the fit. I wear my pants high, so me wearing them at my natural waist line (ie not my hips) is comfortable and they hit right above the knee on me (5'8'' tall, 29-30'' inseam). They could be skinnier in the leg but I don't think they are baggy.

The colors are great, the red and orange have just enough of that sun fade look to not overpower. They all have the same exact cheap d-ring white belt.

Its hard to find affordable shorts that aren't frayed, pre-wrinkled, or cargoes.

Comment

BAHHHH MAGE, why did you have to show me those shoes. I am really digging them. I might be out another 45 bucks thanks to you

Edit* went to buy them and they dont ship to Canada, the world hates us

Bright side, saved 45 bucks, down side, those are probably my favourite looking casual shoes I have seen yet, and I want them oh so badly haha.

Comment

Haha, I'm with you. I think I'm gonna hold off, but I'm definitely gonna look for more sales on those.

Comment

For those talking about stuff at the gap, there is an active 30% off code if you use your gap/ON/BR credit card. The code is GCSTYLE. I used it earlier today on my fourth attempt at that ticket pocket blazer.

Comment

@Focuspants : You can order from LastCall, you just have to call. Ordered my Sebago Hamilton boots there. My English is terrible, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Watch out, you'll be hit with brokerage fees with them.

Comment

@juan

I went and tried the Mossimo shorts yesterday. Too long and a little on the baggy side for me. They hit below the knee. Wasn't exactly super wide, but they were much wider than my BR chino shorts that I love. Also they had the fray thing going on with the cuffs. Seems like they are trying to appeal to the board short crowd or something. Just not my style, which is a shame because $15 is a great deal.

Mossimo v-necks also on sale for $8. I did buy a stripped slub shirt. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X