Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Late notice as it expires today, but Brooks Brothers is doing another "buy a $150 e-gift card for someone, get $25 for yourself" deal. Obviously you can buy the $150 card for yourself, so it's essentially $25 free. I haven't opened mine yet (just got them) to see about expiration but it's a free $25 to spend at BB, so if you're on the fence about something maybe this will help nudge ya.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

    Comment


      https://www.quality-shop.com/world/s...arkbrown-suede

      Loake Pimlico in a size 10.5UK for under $150

      [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION] I can't remember if it was you who said you were interested in the Pimlico...
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

      Comment


        Originally posted by Token View Post
        https://www.quality-shop.com/world/s...arkbrown-suede

        Loake Pimlico in a size 10.5UK for under $150

        [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION] I can't remember if it was you who said you were interested in the Pimlico...
        It is me! Thanks for the tip. Alas, I think 10.5 is going to be too big for me. I probably need 9.5, perhaps 10.

        I'll actually be in London two weeks from today, so I'll look around the City for sale shops and also drop by Loake's stores on Jermyn Street and near St. Paul's. I'm considering getting a couple of pairs of Loake. Here's what's under consideration:

        a. suede chukka [1. brown Kempton, 2. green Pimlico, 3. dark brown Pimlico].
        b. leather chukka [dark-brown Pimlico - I love the photos of this posted at Herring, where it looks very dark, but am much less fond of the photos posted by Loake and Pediwear. I've seen third-party photos that look like both, so I'm curious to see which ones are more accurate. If it does look like Herring's photos, I will definitely get it. If it looks like Loake's photos, I will definitely not get it].
        c. suede chelsea [1. brown Mitchum, 2. brown Chatsworth. The latter is in the 1880 line, whereas the former is not. But I still probably prefer the Mitchum, because I prefer the look of a one-tab boot and because the Chatsworth is on a wide last that will likely not work for me, especially without laces to cinch the boot. I think that suede from the Shoemakers' line should be okay quality].
        d. brown wingtip [1. brown Buckingham, 2. brown Heston. These two are both listed as "brown," which for Loake usually means a medium-brown, but they look very different from each other in photos, so I'm curious to take a look at them in person. The shade that's similar to the Buckingham might be synonymous with what Loake sometimes calls mahogany, which is a reddish-brown roughly equivalent to AE's chili, but perhaps not so dark. The photos of the mahogany Aldwych look similar in shade to the photos of the brown Buckingham, but photos can be deceiving. The brown of the Heston looks fairly similar to shades that are sometimes called dark brown. I think I read somewhere that the brown Buckingham was burnished, which would make it similar to AE's now defunct bourbon].

        I'd also consider a brown suede Buckingham and perhaps a tan shoe. The tan looks to be even lighter than AE's walnut, as the underlying hues of Loake's tan are more yellow than orange.

        Anyway, I'll report back on my experience. Last year, I ended up not getting a shoe at all because they tried to fit me into a shoe that was too small for me.

        Comment


          Free $50 Gilt.com credit after Fiat test drive
          Gilt City is offering a $50 credit for Gilt.com or giltcity.com after test driving a Fiat at your local dealer.

          First go to: giltcity.com/national/fiatapril2017

          RSVP offer and follow instructions to schedule your test drive.
          you don't even have to do the test drive if you know the fiat dealer's dealer #/code.

          Comment


            30% off shorts at Target with code SHORTS30.

            The Merona 8" club shorts are phenomenal and a great value at $14 after discount. They're lightweight and have a bit of stretch so they're super comfortable. http://www.target.com/p/men-s-8-club...3/-/A-52009564

            Comment


              Probably a little late, and most of you that care are probably on the email list, but Jomers released some shorts today. Not sure what's still in stock at this time.

              Comment


                Deep Blue Watches are 40% off with Cyber.

                Comment


                  Florsheim Classico in Brown is currently going for under $100 on amazon also select sizes in black

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by dapperazn View Post
                    Florsheim Classico in Brown is currently going for under $100 on amazon also select sizes in black
                    link?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      link?
                      It looks like they pulled it, in guessing it was done in error. A pair of classicos for $69 was absurdly cheap.

                      Comment


                        JCF Sutton Lightweight Chinos now on sale for $22.50

                        Comment


                          A fair amount of shoes have been added to the 60% off sale section at J crew.

                          Ludlow Loafers - Black
                          Brown Ludlow Derbies
                          Cream Suede Chelsea's
                          Brown Suede Chukkas

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by paintflinger View Post
                            A fair amount of shoes have been added to the 60% off sale section at J crew.

                            Ludlow Loafers - Black
                            Brown Ludlow Derbies
                            Cream Suede Chelsea's
                            Brown Suede Chukkas
                            What's the feedback been on the JC shoes? What's the quality like? Fit? Etc.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              What's the feedback been on the JC shoes? What's the quality like? Fit? Etc.
                              Haven't received a pair of the Ludlow's yet, but I've picked up a fair amount of the Kenton boots/loafers as they've hit the sale section. I have no complaints, but I treat them as beater boots. Honestly, for the price (<$100) I wouldn't complain to much if the leather isn't the best. That said, I expect them to be at least as good as AE.

                              Reviews on FMF, SF, and AAAC seem to be mixed.

                              Joe did review the suede cap toe boots a little while ago.
                              https://dappered.com/2015/04/in-revi...cap-toe-boots/

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by paintflinger View Post
                                Haven't received a pair of the Ludlow's yet, but I've picked up a fair amount of the Kenton boots/loafers as they've hit the sale section. I have no complaints, but I treat them as beater boots. Honestly, for the price (<$100) I wouldn't complain to much if the leather isn't the best. That said, I expect them to be at least as good as AE.

                                Reviews on FMF, SF, and AAAC seem to be mixed.

                                Joe did review the suede cap toe boots a little while ago.
                                https://dappered.com/2015/04/in-revi...cap-toe-boots/
                                I also haven't touched the ludlow line of shoes. That being said I have a pair of grey suede kenton bucks and the kenton cap toe boots and have thoroughly put them through the ringer and they are still holding up great.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X