Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to find out what the flaw is on the 2nds? Or are you just in the dark until it arrives?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@caseyfud - Any idea how the Oxford's fit? That's a pretty good price..

Comment

Greg,

I have asked Edward to check for me before but he did not really go into detail.

Its really a lottery, as another member here had a puncture in the lining before. I bought a seconds Dalton that was pretty much flawless.

The good thing is that these are not final sale but I believe you have to pay for return shipping..

Comment

Wish I had the budget for this right now... Great price. If it were the Strands or Dalton I would have pulled it from savings

I love my Cambridge shell shortwings... Really a great shoe

Comment

Ugh. There are some great shoes in my size. Loafers or short wings... Decisions decisions.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

JC - What do you think of the Cambridge shells overall in terms of usefulness and versatility? The color is to die for, the price is terrific but still a significant amount of money. I like the closed lacing, but the perfing on the edges takes the formality down a notch. My walnut Daltons are my only nice shoe...er, boot.

The wife just bought herself a Macbook Air - I think I could work that angle as a way of treating myself to something. =D

These would work so well with my new grey suit and obviously denim, chinos, etc. Thoughts? I've debated these or the Strand shells seconds which were on sale recently for $223, I believe.

Comment

@nicholascrawford - Your wife got a MacBook Air? Hell, get yourself a pair of Edward Greens.

Comment

I wanna buy local! Made just 30 minutes away from me!

It was a bit of a surprise. Oh, I went to the Apple Store today...

Comment

@nicholascrawford, the Cambridge are my most dressy shoe, or can be... I wear them with suits (either grey or navy), but they could also dress down very easily. They're the most versatile design I've got and the cordovan color is the most versatile color. They're my absolute favorite.

Comment

Do you think the perfing takes away from the dressy-ness? Or is just another feature like the brogueing?

Comment

I don't think it does. They looked very nice with my HF and Oxxford suits, and I'm not getting any dressier than that unless it's black tie.

Comment

Gaaahhhh!!! You're selling me! I love the look. Now to see if they have an 11B.

Comment

There are shell cordovan seconds? The dude on the phone told me they never get shell cordovan seconds because they're usually custom ordered or some BS. I was ready, willing, and able to buy them when I had that conversation. Now, not so much. That's irritating...

Comment

Man, they have the Cambridge, MacNeil and the Dalton in cordovan burgundy, size 11.5B, which is what I wear in my current walnut Dalton.

The Cambridge would be the best bet.

Comment

@NC - I would get Cambridge.

@Alan - Yes, they are seconds. FWIW, I have two pairs of AE seconds and no one can see the cosmetic flaw but me.

Comment

Working...
                                X