X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the camel version and am a fan

Comment

Bills Khakis additional 25% off sale items with code SALE25. Brings their Made in USA shetland sweaters down to $76.

Comment

http://www.blueowl.us/collections/archive-sale/denim
        raw denim sale.

Code is MORESALE for an additional 15% off on sale items. Some good deals in 3Sixteen, Momotaro, RGT, and more. $165 shipped for the momo is pretty good deal.

Comment

All regular price boots at Allen Edmonds are $100 off thru 1/28

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
            All regular price boots at Allen Edmonds are $100 off thru 1/28
            Is that as good as it gets? Or is waiting for one of their regular sales a better way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Is that as good as it gets? Or is waiting for one of their regular sales a better way to go?
              I think it depends on the boot. The Higgins mill is at an incredible price, and hasn't dipped lower than 250 (at least to my knowledge), but I think maybe could do better, slightly, on other boots. Of course, first quality. More deals could be found on the shoebank for seconds... But... Well... Seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                I can't remember another time, at least recently, when all colors were discounted like this (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that). If you're really patient then you might be able to save another $40-50 depending on the style, but you also might not have the same color selection available.

Personally, I took the $100 off as motivation given their recent acquisition and fears of a future decline in quality - a memento of sorts. On the flip side, the change in ownership might lead to more events like this, so who really knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I'd be lying if said the change of ownership hasn't affected my timeline for wanting to purchase a couple of pairs of AEs.

Comment

It really seems like the new ownership wants to stay "seasonal" with offerings, and this is a way to reduce inventory so they can ramp up for spring/summer offerings.

Whether that means a decline in sale frequency, remains to be seen.
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Good. Lord. It's been less than a month since AE was purchased. I'd venture a guess that none of this has anything to do with any changes made due to the purchase. At this point, the companies are still trying to figure out how to aggregate their financials and get other financial processes in line. They definitely aren't disrupting already-planned marketing efforts that were likely put in place 6-12 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                        It really seems like the new ownership wants to stay "seasonal" with offerings, and this is a way to reduce inventory so they can ramp up for spring/summer offerings.

Whether that means a decline in sale frequency, remains to be seen.
                        I don't understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                          I don't understand this.
                          AE was sold to the same corporate interest that moved previously well-loved, high quality shoe lines (J&M, Florsheim, etc. etc.) overseas and started using glued construction and questionable leather. Shortly after that, the massive additions to clearance and shoebank sales started up. The clearance items seem to be fall/winter in nature, lending to the assessment that they may be wanting to reduce inventory to ramp up spring/summer offerings. If that's the case, the frequency/availability of certain product lines being on sale may trend downward--possibly significantly.
                          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Bit late to this since it happened at midnight today, but Mr. Porter has final markdowns up to 80%. Most of the stuff is probably picked over, but lots of items are coming in and out of stock due to returns from the tiered % off that happened in the beginning of the month. Although, most of Mr Porter is high-end designers, they do have J Crew and others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              AE was sold to the same corporate interest that moved previously well-loved, high quality shoe lines (J&M, Florsheim, etc. etc.) overseas and started using glued construction and questionable leather. Shortly after that, the massive additions to clearance and shoebank sales started up. The clearance items seem to be fall/winter in nature, lending to the assessment that they may be wanting to reduce inventory to ramp up spring/summer offerings. If that's the case, the frequency/availability of certain product lines being on sale may trend downward--possibly significantly.
                              Actually, those shoe brands are owned by a different company.

I haven't watched AE sales patterns, but seasonal clearance sales seems to be the industry norm for obvious reasons, and what I thought AE was doing already.

Comment

domestic domestic has red wing iron ranger and beckman @ 30% off with code: fortytwo. It also works on Filson bags and briefcases as well.
                                https://www.domesticdomestic.com/collections/shoes

Comment

Working...
                                X