Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when JCrew starts blowing out their summer stuff for cheap? I really want that summerweight linen-cotton blazer, but it's $168 and still excluded from the 40% sales.

Comment

I'd say discounts will probably start applying mid to late august? Just a guess....possibly sooner but I wouldn't hold my breath TOO hard.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
        40% off select items at JCrew "SUMMER"

Picked up the Crosby blazer for $187

Had purchased for $216 last week, but hasn't shipped/can't cancel online. Policy is to only adjust price on full price purchases, So I will just return when received.
        They've always adjusted sale stuff for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
          Anyone know when JCrew starts blowing out their summer stuff for cheap? I really want that summerweight linen-cotton blazer, but it's $168 and still excluded from the 40% sales.
          J.Crew usually does two tiers of sales. One tier is 25-30% off the full price of some of their new/in-season items (e.g. Summer Picks). Then, the second tier is reducing the full price of an item PLUS offering a 30-40% sale on top of it (i.e. the items that appear in the sale section). Usually an item gets a "tier one" sale before it gets a "tier two" sale, since tier two is a deeper cut.

I've yet to see the Summerweight Blazer included in the "tier one" or "tier two" sales. So you probably won't see it getting the 40% off treatment (40% off usually is tier two) for awhile. Maybe it'll get a tier one drop soon, which would push it down to $115-130.

The reason is probably because $168 is a very low MSRP for their blazers period. Usually they retail from $200-350. It's almost factory-level low. So maybe they offered this blazer at a low price from the getgo to push sales immediately, with the understanding that they won't be discounting it further for a long time. It seems like they're selling a ton of them even at full price (a lot of the popular sizes seem to be out of stock constantly).

Comment

Just have to wait for the Jcrew code glitches. I've gotten the summerweight blazer for 30% off during the code glitches. Returned them though as they don't look anything in real life like they do in the pictures.

Comment

I agree. I tried them on in store. It honestly didn't feel very "linen" to me...just more like a straight up cotton blazer that's a tiny bit lighter. Also, the stripes on some are more noticeable in person, while online, it just looks a bit more slubby/textured.

Comment

The GBP has significantly weakened against the dollar because of the Brexit vote, so if you've had your eye on a big-ticket item from a UK retailer that rarely goes on sale...

Comment

What's the brexit vote

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                    What's the brexit vote

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

But seriously, watch the news. It's been well discussed.
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      What's the brexit vote

Short version: UK has decided to leave the EU by way of popular vote, primarily due to the fact they were pumping TONS of money into it, while seeing little return on their investment.
                      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Just an FYI - MrPorter did their final sales drops today. Up to 80% off . . .

It's pretty slim pickings at this point but I did find a few items I wanted to try out.

Comment

Yellowhook Ties are on sale for $55 which is the best price I have seen them at. Even better than some 2nd hand prices! http://yellowhook.nyc/

Comment

Red Wing Iron Ranger 2nds are in stock at Sierra Trading Post. If you have a 20% off code it brings them to $160.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/red...=s~red-wing%2F

Comment

NeedSupply has some Aldens on sale in the low $300s using code quarteroff.

Comment

Working...
                                X