Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@laxattackdog - unless something has changed, you should be able to return CT shirts with custom sleeve measurements. I had to return a few shirts last year and didn't run into any problems.

Comment

For BR Luxe Card Members: 50% off up to 5 full priced items. In-store only. March 15-18.

Might be time to buy a new suit

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Juan! I just ordered the LL Bean Casco boat shoes to be my beater summer shoes (since I don't want to wreck my Oak Streets getting them wet, wearing them to the beach, etc)

Comment

@guata1983: Your post prompted me to visit the Banana Republic website. They're frontpage is devoted to "desktop safari" right now. I'm not sure about that knit tie, but I like the idea of the whole concept in general. I've been wanting a vacation I can't take so I've been comtemplating ways to fit that vacation wardrobe into my day-to-day look.

They must also be really proud of that two-tone "Rodney stripe belt". It's in a TON of ensemble pics.

Comment

@JC - Did you also get the $10 gift card? I wasn't sure if they consider the pre-discount price ($59) for the gift card offer. I'm considering getting those also.

Comment

The checkout said I would, so I guess so. We'll see when it comes

Comment

@JC: I noticed in your earlier posts that you jumped on the CT deal. Are their shirts really great? I'm asking you specifically since you are use to buying thrift store prices and even a 40 dollar shirt would seem pricey by those standards lol. I want some OCBD in basic colors like white and blue....would those be better to just pickup from a thrift store since they are such common colors rather than go with the CT?

Comment

CT Shirts are my staple. I've bought 2 before this from them plus I've got like 6 others thrifting / trading. That's partly because they're easier to find, partly because they fit me better than Thomas Pink, etc, and partly because they're good shirts. They're on par with the BB shirts I've found, maybe a half step down from Pink and Hickey Freeman, and a step down from the Canali / Kiton / Zegna shirts I've seen. They're a great value at $40, and adding on a tie makes it a killer deal. I like shirts at this level because they look and feel good without me having to worry about ruining something expensive. Plus I can sell the others

I know it seems like white and blue are common colors for shirts, and they are, but finding plain white and blue shirts in my size has been tough. I traded a nice HF shirt for 3 plain blue CT shirts for that reason. I bought a very nice white Zegna shirt w/ MOP buttons from another thrifter for that reason. Just recently I lucked out and found a great no-iron white OCBD from BB that fits me well, but it's the first white shirt I've thrifted for me in 4 or 5 months. The last one was one of my first thrift finds, a Prada with MOP that I don't really like that much but had altered to fit me, so...

Comment

Ah thanks Jason. Do you find CT shirts super baggy? I'm close to pulling the trigger on their classic fit washed OCBD but looked at the size for a medium:

Nearly 46 and 45 for chest and waist!? That's huge!!!! Did you have to do a lot of tailoring for each shirt? Looks like CT could get pricier for me since it sounds like I would have to slim the waist, chest and sleeves!

Comment

Go with the Tailored dress shirts.

Comment

I get the slim fit from CT, but I'm not as thin as some guys here. I think the slim fit compare to slim fit at Brooks Brothers and the tailored fit compare to extra slim fit at BB.

Comment

I go with tailored and I have broad shoulders and chest. Definitely go with tailored fit.

Comment

25% off at Gap.com today

Comment

Uniqlo oxfords and jeans on sale until Sunday. If you don't live in New York order with Suddenlee by 3pm Eastern.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/campaign/special_promotions/

Comment

Allen edmonds outlet has selected 2nds Cordovan on sale for $299. Its a good thing they dont have any strands or daltons or my wallet would be hurting. Here are some sizes in 8D

You can email edward ([email protected]) to ask for sizes

Comment

Working...
                                X