Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
    I'm not sure whether these are legit, but I just found a site allegedly offering Ray Bans at $29.99: http://www.ownrb.com/ Anyone know whether these are for real?
    Can't say if they're real or not, but I don't imagine Rayban is okay with that pricing. Otherwise Amazon would probably be selling them at that price point

    Comment


      Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
      Can't say if they're real or not, but I don't imagine Rayban is okay with that pricing. Otherwise Amazon would probably be selling them at that price point
      of course they are not real

      Comment


        There's a sale on at Unionmade right now (archive.unionmadegoods.com). There's a lot of stuff at some pretty great prices. In particular, there are incredible deals on shoes and boots (pretty slick PF Flyers for $19, some Florsheim longwings for $39, etc.). There are also a lot of great deals on Barracuta-style jackets from Golden Bear and some great Pendleton wool flannel shirts. It's worth browsing around a bit because there is really a ton there.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          There's a sale on at Unionmade right now (archive.unionmadegoods.com). There's a lot of stuff at some pretty great prices. In particular, there are incredible deals on shoes and boots (pretty slick PF Flyers for $19, some Florsheim longwings for $39, etc.). There are also a lot of great deals on Barracuta-style jackets from Golden Bear and some great Pendleton wool flannel shirts. It's worth browsing around a bit because there is really a ton there.
          I looked at the Golden Bear jackets, and some of them (e.g. this one) list the sleeve lengths as 21 inches! For those with really short arms... Clearly wrong, but it makes it hard to figure out what the fit is like. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], what do you know about this brand? I've never heard of it.

          Comment


            Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
            I looked at the Golden Bear jackets, and some of them (e.g. this one) list the sleeve lengths as 21 inches! For those with really short arms... Clearly wrong, but it makes it hard to figure out what the fit is like. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], what do you know about this brand? I've never heard of it.
            I don't have any first hand experience. But their stuff does look good. If I had to guess, I would guess that their fits would be on the slimmer side, but it would only be a guess.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
              I looked at the Golden Bear jackets, and some of them (e.g. this one) list the sleeve lengths as 21 inches! For those with really short arms... Clearly wrong, but it makes it hard to figure out what the fit is like. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], what do you know about this brand? I've never heard of it.
              I've handled them, and they're definitely solid in terms of quality. On the slimmer side for sure - for a sense of the target customer, they sell Golden Bear at Club Monaco. I think the sleeve lengths are measured from the armhole down, so 21 inches isn't too unreasonable . I would definitely get a jacket or two for myself if I was in the market.

              Comment


                Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                I looked at the Golden Bear jackets, and some of them (e.g. this one) list the sleeve lengths as 21 inches! For those with really short arms... Clearly wrong, but it makes it hard to figure out what the fit is like. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], what do you know about this brand? I've never heard of it.
                I purchased a Golden Bear jacket from Gilt last Christmas. I'm normally a size Medium in most brands, and a size 40R typically in blazers/suit jackets, etc. the medium barracuda I purchased was extremely slim, and sleeves were too short. I would have needed to size up to a large to be able to wear it, but unfortunately they were out. I was surprised at how cheap the construction felt too, but it was made for one of Gilts house brands. I have heard that the collaboration GB does for Unionmade is much higher quality. Just thought I would share, assuming the sizing is the pretty close!

                Comment


                  Select Danner boots are 50% off on Amazon today.

                  Comment


                    Uniqlo OCBDs are on sale for $17.90 a pop right now, along with a bunch of other stuff. 10 Days, 10 Deals 3rd year .com anniversary or some such. Plus $31 off $150+. Just FYI.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                      Uniqlo OCBDs are on sale for $17.90 a pop right now, along with a bunch of other stuff. 10 Days, 10 Deals 3rd year .com anniversary or some such. Plus $31 off $150+. Just FYI.
                      Lots of bad reviews on those. Have you bought them recently?

                      Comment


                        Yes. I bought a light blue OCBD on their last promotion. Just looked at the reviews; maybe they changed the fit? I don't pay attention to fit reviews like that as I have to have all of my shirts tailored anyways to account for my drop.

                        Comment


                          DSW 25% off site wide with WHATATREAT

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                            Lots of bad reviews on those. Have you bought them recently?
                            I bought 2 this summer, I really like them. They fit me well, feel well made for $20, and look good. That's my opinion, but I've never owned a super high quality shirt like a CT or above, so YMMV.

                            Comment


                              Costco has Calvin Klein 100% Merino Wool V-Neck Sweaters: http://www.costco.com/Calvin-Klein-M...100151880.html

                              The online price shows $22.99, but they were $19.99 at my local store. Also, online has Black, Charcoal, and Navy only. Local store also had a really rich Burgundy.

                              They are slightly thicker and softer than the Uniqlo Merino Wool V-Neck Sweaters, but still pretty thin and slim cut. The softness may lead to more piling over time, but for a $20 staple, I think they are worth a shot. Like most V-Neck sweaters, I chose to size down one size for a slimmer fit and then just let the sweater stretch if need be.

                              Comment


                                Thanks for the code Pepetito! I bought some much needed chukka boots.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X