Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed when people do things like this on Dappered. I don't think anyone has gotten away with it yet. A little honesty goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      I'm amazed when people do things like this on Dappered. I don't think anyone has gotten away with it yet. A little honesty goes a long way.
      Agreed, though the fact that the user name doesn't exactly hide his connection, I'm inclined to think of this one as more of an elision of relevant facts than outright deception.

Comment

Any puckering seams you may see will not be present in the shipped product. The photos featured are of a prototype that was not meant to be shipped, but merely to be used as a representation of what can be expected. As for durability, the patched elbows and high-quality stitch construction that comes with American manufacturing should result in a product that will be more durable than something you could get from Target.

Comment

Originally posted by travislawrence27 View Post
          Any puckering seams you may see will not be present in the shipped product. The photos featured are of a prototype that was not meant to be shipped, but merely to be used as a representation of what can be expected. As for durability, the patched elbows and high-quality stitch construction that comes with American manufacturing should result in a product that will be more durable than something you could get from Target.
          Can you elaborate on the "high quality stitch construction?" What exactly makes it higher quality? Is it the type of seam you're using, or is it a higher SPI than what most other manufacturers use? What kind of seams or SPI are being used here?

Comment

Lands end 20% off and free shipping with code: YEAR20 and PIN: 2020

Comment

Originally posted by travislawrence27 View Post
              Your final prototype does not match the intended product? How will you know the manufacturing process will produce your vision? Why bother making a marketing video with something that isn't the final product?

I'm hearing marketing speak and nothing of substance. You do not have my backing.
              6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

These would be my suggestions to improve your campaign - take 'em or leave 'em
                (a) Get a better looking sample. The sewing on that Proto is terrible
                (b) Give more information about the specifics of the fabric - what is the weight? weave?
                (c) Give information about the lining
                (d) Drop the s-xl sizing and keep only to numbers so people understand what they are getting. I wear a 44 jacket which is right on the cusp of a lot of companies L/XL

Comment

[MENTION=14272]travislawrence27[/MENTION] I wanted to reach out to you here. I don't know how much you know about these online communities, and while I'm certainly not a seasoned member of the style community I feel like I've learned a ton. You probably did tons and tons of research on quality, fabric, fit, design, etcetera before constructing your product.

I am a huge fan of entrepreneurship. I intend to start my own business someday. Take these as friendly words amid some rather harsh ones you've received; like anything, when asking informed people to give up their hard earned money for a product, you must not only speak highly of the product, but also back this up with a complete picture (including details) of the final product.

Once again, you may have already done that, but we can't tell, yet. Economics is against you, and I think we all appreciate that.

Comment

J crew is running a 75% off final sale items code. There's some killer deals on shoes in particular with the suede Kentons in the $40-50 range and the Alfred Seargants for $100

Comment

Originally posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
                      J crew is running a 75% off final sale items code. There's some killer deals on shoes in particular with the suede Kentons in the $40-50 range and the Alfred Seargants for $100
                      wow...just my luck. size 7.5 -ordered the double monks in 8 (sold out in 7.5) and they were too big. would pick up the kentons, but i need size 8 (they run small), which is sold out in blue. damn, i could really use some blue suede shoes...

Comment

Well there goes two pairs of shoes. $45 for suede bucks. couldn't turn it down. Thanks guys.

Comment

Carson Street Clothiers is having a sale. Crazy Sale! They have a Drake's tie for $39, some Drake's PS for $17, some Drake's scarves, and other nice items. This is a store to stop by every now and then to see the sales. Last week they had Levi's Vintage denim for $98 with original prices of $200+. Check it out and one to have on the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            Carson Street Clothiers is having a sale. Crazy Sale! They have a Drake's tie for $39, some Drake's PS for $17, some Drake's scarves, and other nice items. This is a store to stop by every now and then to see the sales. Last week they had Levi's Vintage denim for $98 with original prices of $200+. Check it out and one to have on the radar.
                            Are you talking online or at the brick and mortar store in SOHO?

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                              Are you talking online or at the brick and mortar store in SOHO?
                              Online. Guess I should have linked: https://www.carsonstreetclothiers.com/shop/sale

Comment

That's what I figured when I saw you're in Nashville, but I didn't see any Drake's ties so I wasn't sure. Guess they sold out.

Comment

Working...
                                X