Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbed a shirt and tie. Glad that was open to all cards, and not just Amex.

Comment

I wish CT made shirts in my size... :-/

Their 14.5 shirts are all 33" which is okay for a thrift store find, but I want all my dress shirts to be 34" so that my tailored sleeves show a little cuff. Just belly aching. I did order the silk knots - thanks, JC!

Comment

J.Crew has 30% off final sale items online with code MUSTHAVE

Of note, they have a (so close you can't even tell) matching vest for the summer suit that was so popular from J. Crew factory (EDIT: This might be sold out?):

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455 24441767684&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302023697 &bmUID=1331676153116

They also have the Ludlow pant for a really good price in matching fabric:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/catalogjcrewcomexclusives/suiting/PRDOVR~94401/99102217351/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16+4294967217~15~~ ~~~~~/94401.jsp

I own both, and the fabrics are so similar it's very difficult to tell; the Factory fabric is just slightly darker but unless you were looking for it you wouldn't be able to tell. I prefer the Ludlow cut on the pants and the vest is a nice option to have, but the black lining makes it a bit tough to pull off in the summer.

EDIT: So the link to the vest isn't working and I have no idea how I got to it, but it was definitely available in Newport Blue. I had to finagle a link last time through some crazy Google Image searching when I bought it last month, so maybe their site is having issues...you can try the global find it in-store or maybe call them...

Comment

dammit! Was wanting to pick up the thompson summer suit, but was waiting for a sale. Of course now it's sold out of my sizes.

Comment

I jumped on the CT deal too... Sometimes you can't find quite what you want thrifting, so I got an aqua bengal stripe shirt and pink polkadot tie.

Comment

I jumped on the CT deal too. Got the multi-check business casual shirt and navy tie. I''ve been wanting a nice check shirt for a while. Almost went for the multi colored stripe shirt for easter... but I probably wouldn't wear it again. lol

Comment

Do international orders not get the free shipping? I went to checkout and its still showing $25 shipping

Comment

Did you go through the http://ctshirts.com/windsor link? International where? I got free shipping to the US

Comment

Canada. Ya I went with that link. It let me pick the tie too, but my total is coming to $65.

Comment

That CT sizing is annoying. I think that 15.5 x 34 is not that uncommon a size. Odd they don't carry it.

Comment

Well I was always under the impression that I was closer to a 32", but their 33" sleeves fit me perfectly. Which is great since 32 is considered a custom add-on and adds like 12$ a shirt.

Comment

Interesting, I have held off on this deal because I think im more of a 31/32 and didn't want to pay extra for the tailoring. Looks like I might have to give in if it runs short.

And is this deal really running til 5/12? Thats a ridiculously long time for a sale

Comment

Can anyone comment on the quality of CT shirts versus BB? This seems like a good deal but I don't want to order a shirt if the quality is not there.

Comment

@Juan - I've never owned a CT shirt (although I'll probably get one with this sale), but I've heard others say that CT is very comparable to BB in terms of quality.

Comment

If I'm reading their return page correctly, it seems like returns are free, minus the original packaging and shipping charge. But JC says that shipping was free, so it seems like there is little cost to buying a shirt to see if it fits or if the quality is up to snuff. I'll probably confirm with a CSR before taking the plunge, but that certainly makes it easier to evaluate - especially if this deal has another 2 months on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                                X