This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
    What's sizing like on these? Full-size down? Or half-size? TTS 8D, here.
    I sized down 1/2 a size, and that worked well for me. I think some people go down a full size.

Comment

Details for the remaining days of Brooks Brothers' "six days of giving" sale:

Friday, December 5
      Men’s and Women’s Sweaters:
      -Men’s Sweaters will be 40% off
      -Women’s Sweaters will be 40% off

Saturday, December 6
      Men’s Shirts and Ties:
      - Sport Shirts will be 30% off
      - Basic & Fashion Dress Shirts will be 30% off
      - Ties will be 40% off

Sunday, December 7
      Outerwear:
      - Men’s Fall Dress Outerwear will be 40% off
      - Men’s Fall Casual Outerwear will be 40% off
      - Women’s Fall Outerwear will be 40% off

Monday, December 8
      Red Fleece:
      - Men’s Red Fleece Collection will be 40% off
      - Women’s Red Fleece Collection will be 40% off
      “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
      "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

I've noticed that their outerwear has been getting significantly more expensive over the last 2-3 years, so that the 40% off is still high. (maybe clothes prices in general are getting higher, but Brooks Brothers seems to outpace inflation)

Comment

Talked myself out of those boots.

Likewise, all of these are even more outside of my budget at the moment. Not exactly frugal, but might be of interest to some folks here. 40% of C+Js at Barney's. Limited sizes/selection (except they're all in my size, dammit).

Comment

I am hoping C&J or Carmina is having a sale while in Paris in January. That is the "sale season" according to a lot of sources.

As for Brooks Brothers, they are $400-$500 for a sport coat on sale these days. If you are a fan of Madison you get a good deal, otherwise you have to cough up a lot.
            [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] Do you have a favorite seller on eBay for some of your higher end items like those Caruso jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
              I've noticed that their outerwear has been getting significantly more expensive over the last 2-3 years, so that the 40% off is still high. (maybe clothes prices in general are getting higher, but Brooks Brothers seems to outpace inflation)
              Their outerwear has always been too spendy for me, so I haven't paid much attention there, but based on suit and shirt pricing, they do seem to have embraced the higher regular prices/more frequent sales model over the last several years.
              “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
              "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

This is a small thing, but Bonobos now appears in the Ebates cash back website. Ebates is offering 4% cash back today. I didn't know Bonobos participated with Ebates, but it seems you might be able to save a bit more when you shop there (though the cash back amount can fluctuate throughout the year).

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] Do you have a favorite seller on eBay for some of your higher end items like those Caruso jackets?
                  Not a particular seller, but I keep Caruso on my eBay feed. I've bought from qlux2014 and highendmerch07 on eBay.

I also purchased from eHaberdasher which has nice discounts from retail.

Comment

Amazon has the Clark Bushacre Desert Boots on sale for around $48 in some sizes (Promo code: GRNMON14 takes 30% off select shoes)

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Mens-Bu...ds=clark+boots

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                      Amazon has the Clark Bushacre Desert Boots on sale for around $48 in some sizes (Promo code: GRNMON14 takes 30% off select shoes)

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Mens-Bu...ds=clark+boots
                      Code doesn't work.

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."
                      My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                        Code doesn't work.

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."
                        Looks like they just removed it from the Clark Boots. It was working earlier today and there's a whole thread about it on SlickDeals. It still works on some other shoes

Comment

Not sure how good a deal this is, but Target wool coats, including wool peacoat, at $32 with free shipping. Link to Target, code: FORHIM

Comment

Not sure if anyone has posted this before - for American Express Blue Cash card holders, there is a 50$ off 200$ for in store purchases at Allen Edmonds.

Just log into your account and add that reward to your card before going to the store.

Comment

The Ebates Bonobos cash back is up to 8% today.

Comment

The Target Merona peacoat is down to 39.99.

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-wool-p...#prodSlot=_1_6

Comment

Working...
                                X