This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I open the deals thread, and I see deals for $400 and $500 shoes and boots...that must mean either we are definitely out of recession, or we are heading back into one.
    Originally posted by thedrake View Post
    Agreed. Some of you guys must have fairly sizeable clothing budgets.
    I'm not saying I can afford those Meermin boots, but they are (or were, anyway) a good deal for a shell cordovan boot, which can often run several hundred more. Its a deal in the sense that its cheaper than comparable alternatives - but not compared to the Stafford Deacon. I think some of the posts here have been for what many would consider "grail" items - those items that are highly desired and many consider worth saving up for, like an Alden Indy boot, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      I'm not saying I can afford those Meermin boots, but they are (or were, anyway) a good deal for a shell cordovan boot, which can often run several hundred more. Its a deal in the sense that its cheaper than comparable alternatives.
      Exactly. There's no maximum item value for this thread. Most of us aren't buying everything we post, but I share these deals with the community in case somebody has been looking for that particular item. And people end up buying more often than you think

Another deal:
      The Knottery: "GOBBLE" takes 25% off any purchase, including sale items I believe. Be aware that shipping is $5.99 and will negate most of your discount if your purchase is fairly small, like mine was. Kind of disappointing but it's still money saved.

Comment

Ludlow Sportcoat in Japanese Chambray is down to $59 on JC's website(code:HOLIDAY). Very versatile and unconstructed sportcoat for warmer months.
        I believe Joe reviewed the other sportcoat (cotton version, also down to $59) in one of his previous posts.
        EDIT: Nevermind, he mentioned this one as well:
        http://dappered.com/2014/11/j-crew-2...der-100-picks/

Comment

Look for this in the mail.

Banana Republic 40% off in store and online + additional 15% off if you open a BR card. Two codes one for Dec 5-7 and one for Dec 12-14. Might combine with the email sign up discount?

Comment

Mr. Porter has the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat for 30% off today: http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/b...ea-coat/463127

Comment

Jack Spade Surplus Sale went live today (random markdowns on random items).

Myself am really thinking about finally getting a grown-up laptop bag / briefcase. Anyone have thoughts on this: http://surplus.jackspade.com/on/dema...=bags&start=13

Comment

That's fair. I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't post that kind of stuff. It was more along the lines of "damn, that is some serious coin to drop on a pair of shoes."

And to keep things on topic, this from the AE Shoebank:

Save $50 - $100 on select Calfskin styles. Carlyle, Grayson, Park Avenue, Strand now $249. Flatiron, Fifth Ave, Delray, Randolph, Patriot, Vernon, Lexington now $199. LaSalle now $209. Wilbert now $184. Prices are as indicated below. Now through December 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
                  Ludlow Sportcoat in Japanese Chambray is down to $59 on JC's website(code:HOLIDAY). Very versatile and unconstructed sportcoat for warmer months.
                  I believe Joe reviewed the other sportcoat (cotton version, also down to $59) in one of his previous posts.
                  EDIT: Nevermind, he mentioned this one as well:
                  http://dappered.com/2014/11/j-crew-2...der-100-picks/
                  The contrasting collar and brown chunky buttons killed it for me. They're even cheaper in store, if you're interested.

Comment

I have created a separate thread where moderator decisions can be discussed: Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation. You are welcome to continue your discussion on Fred, but please move the discussion to that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      I have created a separate thread where moderator decisions can be discussed: Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation. You are welcome to continue your discussion on Fred, but please move the discussion to that thread.
                      I moved the relevant posts from this thread into that one.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        The contrasting collar and brown chunky buttons killed it for me. They're even cheaper in store, if you're interested.
                        My JC's store's mens section is a size of a small walk-in closet, so I am almost exclusively dependent finding good deals for men on their website. I did get the micro cotton one, and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                          do you remember how much was it in their store?

Comment

Quick deals roundup:
                            Yoox 20% off w/ YOOXGIVING (no restrictions I believe)
                            Paul Stuart: donate any suit, sportcoat, topcoat, or winter outerwear that's in clean, wearable condition and receive $200 credit toward same-day purchase of any F/W tailored clothing or outerwear. Benefits a nice charity. Don't cheap out and give the ugliest JAB suit you find at Goodwill guys - the people who need these goods can do that also.
                            Twillory: Multibuy 2 shirts for $99 and 4 for $199 (codes 2SHIRTS and 4SHIRTS)
                            Mr Porter: 30% Off select items, discount applied at checkout

There's a ton over at PTO but I wanted to highlight one more, Dapper Classics - save 20% on all neckties and trousers. Trousers are made in USA in Brooklyn, by which I assume they mean made by Hertling. I recently bought a pair of Hertling-made trousers and think they're fantastic. The prices are going to be the same as Howard Yount but given the horrendous customer service/returns issues people are facing w/ HY, I think Dapper Classics may be a great alternative. I have no experience w/ them.
                            Last edited by LosRockets; November 26, 2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

No Man Walks Alone has started its Founders Circle sale.

Comment

What is a Founders Circle sale? I don't see any sale mentioned on their main page.

Comment

Working...
                                X