Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Don't I know it. I'm pretty sure 2/3 of my monthly income is wiped out just on rent and food alone.

    Originally posted by fey View Post
    i wish rent and food was only $500

    Comment


      Schott NYC is on HauteLook today; looks like some good deals if you want a duffle coat.

      https://www.hautelook.com/event/6480...mpaign=6195959

      Comment


        Gilt has a Penfield Gibson in most sizes (in green) for $65. Same coat in different colors via JCrew is generally around $150. I own a navy one and love it.

        http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/outerwe...-hooded-jacket

        Comment


          Originally posted by thedrake View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. I need some sweaters.

          Has anyone tried their lambswool v-neck? Any advice on sizing? A jcrew regular medium fits me pretty well.
          I'm wearing one right now, size medium. J Crew medium tall fit me well, was just a tad long in the sleeve. The lambswool is thicker without being chunky and feels and looks fantastic. The sleeves are about perfect- not baggy and not tight, and just hte right length. The waist is just about the right length (hangs just 1" or so past my belt when pulled straight) but is a little baggy, I thought. I may try to shrink that a bit, in which case, I'd say it's pretty near perfect.

          Comment


            Next Brooks Brothers Corporate Sale is November 20th. Corporate card gets you 30% off all regularly priced items that day. They seems to be having these events more frequently in the past two years. Used to be 1-2 times per year, but I think this is at least their third one this year. I used the last sale to buy my three OCBDs. Dress shirts are 3 for $229 regularly, then comes down to 3 for $160.30 with the sale.

            Comment


              Originally posted by LCDR View Post
              Next Brooks Brothers Corporate Sale is November 20th. Corporate card gets you 30% off all regularly priced items that day. They seems to be having these events more frequently in the past two years. Used to be 1-2 times per year, but I think this is at least their third one this year. I used the last sale to buy my three OCBDs. Dress shirts are 3 for $229 regularly, then comes down to 3 for $160.30 with the sale.
              Do you know how they fit in comparison to Nordstrom's trim fits? The trim fits hit me spot on.

              Comment


                sorry, I never tried the nordstroms shirts

                Comment


                  Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  Do you know how they fit in comparison to Nordstrom's trim fits? The trim fits hit me spot on.
                  They are pretty similar. I tend to like the Brooks shirts better due to being able to pick a sleeve length. The 34/35 sizing from Nordstrom is a little long for me.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Kroaker View Post
                    They are pretty similar. I tend to like the Brooks shirts better due to being able to pick a sleeve length. The 34/35 sizing from Nordstrom is a little long for me.
                    Is it the BB ESF or SF that fits similar to the Nordy Trim? Just curious. Thanks!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      Is it the BB ESF or SF that fits similar to the Nordy Trim? Just curious. Thanks!
                      Esf. Their slim fit is still pretty "comfy".

                      Comment


                        Bonobos has 25% off all outerwar. It looks like topcoats are included; they've got a ton of styles.

                        https://bonobos.com/shop/outerwear

                        Use someone's referral code if you've never bought before.

                        Comment


                          Club Monaco is doing 50% off all of their clearance. If you're canadian, I saw some awesome deals on chinos - $15 for various pairs in staple colors (khaki, navy, grey). Unfortunately the US site seems to have less sizes available.
                          Last edited by zerostyle; November 19, 2014, 12:28 AM.

                          Comment


                            Just a heads up... All Spier & Mackay suits are $318 right now. http://www.spierandmackay.com/men-suits.php

                            Comment


                              LL Bean 40% off pants. I ordered the slim fit corduroy pants: http://www.landsend.com/products/men...SID=1153744063

                              Comment


                                ^Looks like you meant Land's End.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X