This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazza74 View Post
    How are they on width? If I'm normally a 9E, I think going down to an 8 will be too narrow, so maybe a 9 would work?
    I think they fit big all around (length and width). I'd assume a 9 would be too long for you, but I suppose it's worth a shot if they don't have 8.5. Returns for sizing reasons aren't free w/myhabit, but they're not outrageous either... 3-4 bucks if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by gazza74 View Post
      How are they on width? If I'm normally a 9E, I think going down to an 8 will be too narrow, so maybe a 9 would work?
      If you stay true-to-size in length, they'll be way too big.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=11264]jakeyb[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4719]bjmcgeever[/MENTION]. I might get both and 8 and a 9 (no half sizes unfortunately) and see which one works.

Comment

What is everyone's thought on MyHabit? Never used it before and the reviews on many sites don't seem like you end up with a very good product. Lots of "seconds" and damaged or stained articles. Not sure I can pass up $35 welted shoes though.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            What is everyone's thought on MyHabit? Never used it before and the reviews on many sites don't seem like you end up with a very good product. Lots of "seconds" and damaged or stained articles. Not sure I can pass up $35 welted shoes though.
            They are owned by Amazon, customer service should be good if not great. I'm still not convinced by the shoes however, I think I will hold on to my $35. Read the Nordstrom review that said the dye came of easily and was made of less than stellar leather (not Horween leather for sure, the guy called and asked)

I've learned my lesson to not buy just because it is cheap, and save up for something you really want. More often than not, the difference in price is less than I imagined when a good deal comes along (Ex: LVC Sweater for $30 when I bought some poorly made one for $20 only because it was cheap)

Comment

Customer service was mediocre. Not up to Amazon standards, but not terrible either. Because they're a daily-discount site, they try very hard to solve all of your problems via the web, and make it difficult to get in touch with their a customer service rep. But, once on the phone, service was solid.

They accidentally sent me 2 pairs of the same shoes in my initial order... had to call and get a refund, return label, etc. Took no more than 5 minutes to get the situation sorted.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I saw that dye issue as well in some reviews and they do look a bit clunky. I'll hold on to that $35 for now.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I saw that dye issue as well in some reviews and they do look a bit clunky. I'll hold on to that $35 for now.
                  Honestly, I already have a pair of similar shoes (AE Big Surs) otherwise I would have bought a pair already. I highly doubt you will be able to find any shoes close in quality for $35 (even factory seconds, or eBay), I paid $80 for my AE Big Surs at Nordstrom Rack. If you need a pair in your rotation, go for it. If this is simply a "not bad, and its cheap", then save up for something else.

Comment

In for a pair. These can be my new rainy day shoes

Comment

Guys, the company I work for , "Twillory" which makes high quality dress shirts - is offering a multiple buy discount on shirts at 4 for 199$. The code is "MULTIBUY". I recommend trying it out if you're interested in high quality dress shirts in a modern fit. EDIT: Free Shipping & Returns, so minimal risk.

Comment

Good decision. I've tried them and they are extremely clunky and felt heavier than my boots (AE Dalton and Bayfield).

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                          In for a pair. These can be my new rainy day shoes
                          That's what I'm thinking. Got one.
                          6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                            Guys, the company I work for , "Twillory" which makes high quality dress shirts - is offering a multiple buy discount on shirts at 4 for 199$. The code is "MULTIBUY". I recommend trying it out if you're interested in high quality dress shirts in a modern fit. EDIT: Free Shipping & Returns, so minimal risk.
                            I just checked out your site. The shirts look really nice, but I need longer sleeves.

Any possibility of other solid blue fabrics with the cutaway collar?

Comment

Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                              I just checked out your site. The shirts look really nice, but I need longer sleeves.

Any possibility of other solid blue fabrics with the cutaway collar?
                              We're working on our Fall line now, and there will be a lot of new styles as well as collar choices. Stay tuned!

Comment

Equus leather is having a clearance sale on their belts and dog collars.

Comment

Working...
                                X