Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
    Yeah I have no idea. I will take the chance though, so here's to hoping it works out. I would love to get more if they work out.
    If you're looking for a fit that's similar to BB ESF, the Ledbury slim isn't it. The sleeves are roomier, and the shoulders are wider. I'm not a fan of the cut of the BB ESF; the shoulders are too narrow for me and it's too blocky through the body (i.e. not enough of a taper).

    I have 6 Ledbury shirts with 3 more on the way. I'm 6'3" / 195 lbs - all 6 are button down collars in a slim 16 / 35. 4 of the 6 are absolutely perfect (Dudley Plaid, Corcoran Oxford, Kemper Striped Oxford, and Friedman Check. The other 2 have issues. The traditional white oxford is so wrinkle prone it's almost unwearable. I also have a green tattersall poplin that wrinkles easily, and the cut isn't nearly as tapered through the body as the others.

    Clearly these issues haven't scared me away from purchasing more Ledbury shirts. The fabrics, buttons, and construction are very nice, and the slim fit is perfect for my build. Since sale items are final sale, it may be a bit risky if you've never tried one on. But with an additional 25% off sale items, < $70 is a great deal.

    Comment


      Originally posted by cotoks View Post
      If you're looking for a fit that's similar to BB ESF, the Ledbury slim isn't it. The sleeves are roomier, and the shoulders are wider. I'm not a fan of the cut of the BB ESF; the shoulders are too narrow for me and it's too blocky through the body (i.e. not enough of a taper).

      I have 6 Ledbury shirts with 3 more on the way. I'm 6'3" / 195 lbs - all 6 are button down collars in a slim 16 / 35. 4 of the 6 are absolutely perfect (Dudley Plaid, Corcoran Oxford, Kemper Striped Oxford, and Friedman Check. The other 2 have issues. The traditional white oxford is so wrinkle prone it's almost unwearable. I also have a green tattersall poplin that wrinkles easily, and the cut isn't nearly as tapered through the body as the others.

      Clearly these issues haven't scared me away from purchasing more Ledbury shirts. The fabrics, buttons, and construction are very nice, and the slim fit is perfect for my build. Since sale items are final sale, it may be a bit risky if you've never tried one on. But with an additional 25% off sale items, < $70 is a great deal.
      Thanks for your input. I have actually never tried a BB ESF before, so I do not have that option to compare Ledbury to BB. Measurements from Ledbury seemed comparable to what I ordered with Kamakura Shirts(NY Slim 15 3/4, 35 1/2 sleeve. The sleeves on the Kamakura are just slightly longer than I would like, but not by much so hopefully this Ledbury shirt will fit quite similar to that.

      Comment


        Hold on to your wallet boys Viberg is holding a sample sale tomorrow.

        Comment


          Check your yoox dreamboxes, fellas. looks like there was another round of discounting, so if you were waiting for some stuff to dip in price, it may have.

          Comment


            Myhabit.com is having a Lubiam sale. Suits from $332 and blazers from $242. You'll need to give your email address (or sign in through Amazon).
            "Tempus Fugit"

            Comment


              Originally posted by CaptainSavings View Post
              Tried to add a thread, but don't have permission. Anyway, there is a great deal that just come out a few minutes ago, Beckett-Simonon issued a 25% off code VIP25 which works on any product site-wide.

              Joe has featured their shoes several times, and I haven't read poor reviews. Not Allen Edmonds quality, but decent for footwear. However, a better bet for this code would be the Potenza Weekender Bag, which was out-of-stock for a long time, but is now available for pre-order of the next batch. The bag looks great and was featured on TFYG (link and pictures below) and seems like a great affordable option similar to Frank Clegg and other high end leather duffels.

              http://www.beckettsimonon.com/produc...-grain-leather

              The bag is listed at $289.99, but because it's preorder right now the price is discounted to $249.99. If you stack the VIP25 coupon, the total price comes down to $187 with free shipping. That's over $100 off the list price for an already top-notch gentleman's bag.

              Here's the review from TFYG: http://www.thefineyounggentleman.com...n-shoe-review/


              New code issued as the previous one expired, BBQ20 for 20% off sitewide.
              My wallet shrunk when I discovered Dappered.com, but the man in the mirror says it's worth it.

              Comment


                Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                Hold on to your wallet boys Viberg is holding a sample sale tomorrow.
                Many of those boots sold out in 4 minutes.

                Comment


                  Any idea when the next one is going to be?
                  Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                  Hold on to your wallet boys Viberg is holding a sample sale tomorrow.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
                    Any idea when the next one is going to be?
                    No clue sorry, I guess keep a tab on their instagram

                    Comment


                      Cross post from the AAQQ/GAA thread:

                      The Veblens are now $68 on Myhabit.com with code FIREWORK. Just ordered them in rust to try out.

                      Comment


                        Looks like Sierra Trading Post has the Veblens as well:

                        http://www.sierratradingpost.com/flo...or-men~p~5891c

                        Assuming they're eligible for the regular %-off sales, it's another option for sizes if MyHabit is out of stock.

                        Comment


                          Also the haviland in a tan color with a danite? sole

                          Comment


                            Allen Edmonds Independence Collection 2nds are on sale at the shoebank for $229. These are usually quite a bit more. Wish they had the Jefferson in a 11 E

                            Comment


                              A couple of deals on Orient watches from their website:

                              $125 for the Gold/White Bambino
                              http://orientwatchusa.com/blog/2014/...e-day-weekend/

                              $99 for a Red, White, or Blue-face Chicane
                              http://orientwatchusa.com/blog/2014/...rient-chicane/

                              Both are tempting to me, but neither watch quite does it for me (The font of the numerals on the Chicane don't seem right, but iIf the Bambino was a roman numeral model, I'd pull the trigger on it).

                              Regards,
                              Vic
                              "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

                              Comment


                                Here's a really big round up on a lot of the good summer sales!
                                *
                                http://fashionstealer.com/fashionste...e-compilation/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X