X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vic View Post
    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION],

You have about an inch on me in height, so I figured I'd ask if you notice a large difference with a 44R vs a 44L?

Regards,
    Vic
    I think so, especially with suit jackets tending toward shorter over the last few years. Mostly the sleeve length is the biggest item for me (some regulars are simply too short for me; others work just fine); next would be maybe an inch or so more in body length -- less important, but I prefer a more traditional cut suit rather than the cropped currently fashionable look.

Comment

I'm 6'2", weigh 210 lbs, and typically wear a 44R jacket and 38 waist pants. My default shirt measurement is 16.5 34/35, trim/slim fit (not extra trim/slim, I wish companies would be consistent about what was their tailored fit, but I digress). I hope this helps.

I can take pictures later to show you how the XL Dept B. Commander fits on me if you wish.

Regards,
      Vic
      Vic - thanks for the measurements...would love to see the pics. I also wear a 16.5 34/35 OTR, so it sounds like the XL Commander would fit me well.

Comment

Eastdane sale extra 25% off sale items. A good variety of items.
        Got this inis meain sweater for $148. Don't know if that is a good deal but with free prime shipping and free returns, why not right? I think a senior member here really liked inis meain.
        http://www.eastdane.com/toggle-shawl...&colorId=12867

Comment

Does anyone know what you have to pay in customs when ordering from endclothing.com? I read it can be $30-50 that you get charged after your package is delivered. Any experience ordering from endclothing.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenhorn View Post
            Does anyone know what you have to pay in customs when ordering from endclothing.com? I read it can be $30-50 that you get charged after your package is delivered. Any experience ordering from endclothing.com?
            From my experience, anywhere from 10% - 15% of order total.

Comment

My experience is no customs from End shipping to U.S. if under $200. Above $200 costs about 20% of your purchase price.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Shilling View Post
                My experience is no customs from End shipping to U.S. if under $200. Above $200 costs about 20% of your purchase price.
                If this is right, so clutch for my Chelsea flyweight purchase(s).

Comment

40% off clearance at jcf. the grey cotton pique thompson wasnt excluded bringing it down to 88 bucks and there are a decent amount of sizes left. unfortunately the oxford cloth one is still excluded

Comment

Got the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale mailer today. Nothing really spoke to me because there wasn't a lot of mens items featured (~90 pages, ~15 for men), but here's what I think is cool:

Walnut Calfskin AE Strand - $239.90
                    Calibrate Trim Fit Dress Shirts - $38.90

Regards,
                    Vic
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Got the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale mailer today. Nothing really spoke to me because there wasn't a lot of mens items featured (~90 pages, ~15 for men), but here's what I think is cool:

Walnut Calfskin AE Strand - $239.90
                      Calibrate Trim Fit Dress Shirts - $38.90

Regards,
                      Vic
                      Yes, that is a good price for new Strands. My AE Strands are my favorite shoes. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by truffleshuffle83 View Post
                        40% off clearance at jcf. the grey cotton pique thompson wasnt excluded bringing it down to 88 bucks and there are a decent amount of sizes left. unfortunately the oxford cloth one is still excluded
                        Thanks for the heads up! Got the Thompson linen-cotton jacket for $67 with tax and shipping.

Comment

Ledbury has a sale going on for all who were interested in trying out their shirts. I just took the plunge myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                            Ledbury has a sale going on for all who were interested in trying out their shirts. I just took the plunge myself.
                            As did I though I remain skeptical their slim fit will be slim enough. Hope to find out soon!

Comment

Tried to add a thread, but don't have permission. Anyway, there is a great deal that just come out a few minutes ago, Beckett-Simonon issued a 25% off code VIP25 which works on any product site-wide.

Joe has featured their shoes several times, and I haven't read poor reviews. Not Allen Edmonds quality, but decent for footwear. However, a better bet for this code would be the Potenza Weekender Bag, which was out-of-stock for a long time, but is now available for pre-order of the next batch. The bag looks great and was featured on TFYG (link and pictures below) and seems like a great affordable option similar to Frank Clegg and other high end leather duffels.

http://www.beckettsimonon.com/produc...-grain-leather

The bag is listed at $289.99, but because it's preorder right now the price is discounted to $249.99. If you stack the VIP25 coupon, the total price comes down to $187 with free shipping. That's over $100 off the list price for an already top-notch gentleman's bag.

Here's the review from TFYG: http://www.thefineyounggentleman.com...n-shoe-review/

My wallet shrunk when I discovered Dappered.com, but the man in the mirror says it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                                As did I though I remain skeptical their slim fit will be slim enough. Hope to find out soon!
                                Yeah I have no idea. I will take the chance though, so here's to hoping it works out. I would love to get more if they work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X