Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this August Fifteenth military inspired jacket/, but I can't justify the price... Especially not when I have something kind of similar already. Probably my favorite jacket style from the sale though.

Comment

Stopped by the LA Unionmade store and left with two Golden Bear jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeinabox View Post
        Stopped by the LA Unionmade store and left with two Golden Bear jackets.
        When did they open up a store in LA? I don't think I've ever seen the Unionmade store at the Grove. Of course I haven't been home in half a year, and the Grove in a year. Going back in a week or two. I wonder if they'll have the extra 20% in stores then. I was going to buy two golden bear jackets as well! But I held off and bought only one because I am waiting patiently for a good deal for a Mackintosh coat. Will jump at $300~$400.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          Hope it works out for you. It's a lovely jacket.
          The jacket arrived today and I'm glad that I sized up. It fits like a tailored sport coat and the sleeves are nearly spot on for me.

Regards,
          Vic
          "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
            The jacket arrived today and I'm glad that I sized up. It fits like a tailored sport coat and the sleeves are nearly spot on for me.

Regards,
            Vic
            Glad it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
              When did they open up a store in LA? I don't think I've ever seen the Unionmade store at the Grove. Of course I haven't been home in half a year, and the Grove in a year. Going back in a week or two. I wonder if they'll have the extra 20% in stores then. I was going to buy two golden bear jackets as well! But I held off and bought only one because I am waiting patiently for a good deal for a Mackintosh coat. Will jump at $300~$400.
              First time in the store so not sure when they opened. It's on the side street near where you enter the parking garage off of Fairfax. It's a small space but packed full of goodness!

Comment

FYI, Spier and Mackay shirts are on sale for custom orders. It goes "live" today, but it's in essence $10 off each if you order 2 shirts, and $20 off each if you order 3. I wrote a review on the OTR shirts earlier, and was overall impressed. The custom orders are similar to Luxire in that you can ask for virtually anything in customization options (changing the interlining of the collar, point lengths, spread, popover style, etc.). No need to, but if you'd like to sign up through my referral, you can get $10 off your first order and I get $5 if you sign up.

Also, Epaulet NY has a number of slim Walt trousers on sale. There's a PoW merino wool that I just got for $95, originally $215. There are still a few sizes available. If camo's your thing, they have a bunch of sizes in that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post

Regards,
                  Vic
                  If you don't mind me asking, what are your measurements (height, chest, waist)? I'm 5'11" 175# and typically 42R jacket and 32 waist. I couldn't decide between large and x-large. Typically I wear medium or large in a jacket (medium in Filson).

Comment

Received my XL Chelsea flyweight (olive/red) yesterday. It runs a bit bigger than I expected, so I ordered a Large so that I can compare in person. If the Large is too small, I may wind up sending both back -- the XL was surprisingly big (even for my 44L not-very-skinny frame), as I compared measurements to my Beaufort before ordering. A different cut or something is throwing it off. The sleeves were plenty long (a pleasant surprise compared to my Beaufort), so hopefully the Large will be a better fit in the shoulders/body and still long enough in the sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      Received my XL Chelsea flyweight (olive/red) yesterday. It runs a bit bigger than I expected, so I ordered a Large so that I can compare in person. If the Large is too small, I may wind up sending both back -- the XL was surprisingly big (even for my 44L not-very-skinny frame), as I compared measurements to my Beaufort before ordering. A different cut or something is throwing it off. The sleeves were plenty long (a pleasant surprise compared to my Beaufort), so hopefully the Large will be a better fit in the shoulders/body and still long enough in the sleeves.
                      I was interested in the Chelsea flyweight as well (also the Dept B Commander). I've never bought a Barbour before so I was having difficulty with the size measurements listed on the End website. For example, the XL Commander says the pit-to-pit measurement is 22", shoulder 18.5", and the arm is 20.5". On the Chelsea flyweight the Medium matches up the most closely with the XL Commander as the Medium Chelsea flyweight's measurements are 22.5" pit-to-pit and 18.5" for shoulder but the arm measurement is only 19"...a full 1.5" shorter than the XL Commander.

The deal on the Chelsea flyweight seems too good to pass up and the Medium looks like it would fit me best for the chest and shoulder since my medium Filson oil finish weekender (my best fitting jacket) has the exact same pit-to-pit and shoulder measurements. However, the much shorter arm measurement has me worried the sleeves would be way too short.

Sorry for the long explanation, but how were the sleeves on your Chelsea (and how tall are you)? The XL Chelsea says the arms are only 19.5" which seems really short to me based on the other measurements I just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenhorn View Post
                        If you don't mind me asking, what are your measurements (height, chest, waist)? I'm 5'11" 175# and typically 42R jacket and 32 waist. I couldn't decide between large and x-large. Typically I wear medium or large in a jacket (medium in Filson).
                        I'm 6'2", weigh 210 lbs, and typically wear a 44R jacket and 38 waist pants. My default shirt measurement is 16.5 34/35, trim/slim fit (not extra trim/slim, I wish companies would be consistent about what was their tailored fit, but I digress). I hope this helps.

I can take pictures later to show you how the XL Dept B. Commander fits on me if you wish.

Regards,
                        Vic
                        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

[MENTION=6654]Greenhorn[/MENTION] -- I'm 6'3, 230 lbs, 43/44L usually, 36 waist (depending on brands, etc.). My shirt sleeves are 36s these days (usually get slim fit shirts, but Ratio I do classic and cut back bc my arms are too large for their slim sleeves). The XL Chels fly had plenty of sleeve for me. Will let you know once I receive the Large to see if it goes down a bit.
                          Last edited by hornsup84; June 24, 2014, 12:15 PM. Reason: Added more measurements

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            [MENTION=6654]Greenhorn[/MENTION] -- I'm 6'3, 230 lbs, 43/44L usually, 36 waist (depending on brands, etc.). My shirt sleeves are 36s these days, and the XL had plenty of sleeve for me. Will let you know once I receive the Large to see if it goes down a bit.
                            Thanks for the info, hornsup. Seems like the medium sleeve length (at a 19" 'arm' measurement) will work for me (I'm 5'11") since it sounds like the XL (at 19.5" 'arm' measurement) worked for you. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

FYI: BR has 40% off for cardmembers, No exclusions.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION],

You have about an inch on me in height, so I figured I'd ask if you notice a large difference with a 44R vs a 44L?

Regards,
                                Vic

Comment

Working...
                                X