This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    The poplin is thins as all get out. The twill is nice IMO. I have no issues with the sleeve I have in their ESF. Never saw any of their ties in person, anyone have experience with them?
    I have one of their linen ties and it is nice. Agree with you on the shirts, as long as it isn't poplin you're good.
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

The poplin is thins as all get out. The twill is nice IMO. I have no issues with the sleeve I have in their ESF. Never saw any of their ties in person, anyone have experience with them?
      I jumped on the last shirt+tie deal and the free tie was pretty nice.

Comment

Agreed, their ties are quite good for the price in these combo deals. I have two and they tie great knots and get many compliments. Agree that their twills are nicer than their poplins but I've had no problem w/ their sleeves in the ESF. Slim Fit sleeves are billowy though.

Comment

I bought this one last time http://www.ctshirts.com/Blue--silk--...u|||||||||||||

This is twill according to the description. It's way too thin to be worn in the winter IMO and much much thinner than my BR shirts.

Comment

FWIW, if you don't need the tie, they go with some regular frequency down to $29.50 w/o the tie. I have 3-4 twill ESF shirts from them, and they are some of my favorites. I would certainly not agree that they are thinner than my BR or JC shirts.

Comment

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of their ties. I have found even Tie Bar to be better, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JonB View Post
                FWIW, if you don't need the tie, they go with some regular frequency down to $29.50 w/o the tie. I have 3-4 twill ESF shirts from them, and they are some of my favorites. I would certainly not agree that they are thinner than my BR or JC shirts.
                Agreed. I purchased my first CT shirt for $29.50, a white twill spread collar with french cuffs, for my upcoming wedding. My previous dress shirts were from Banana Republic, and I found the quality and fit of CT to be far superior. I just got the Slim Fit. I'm actually in the midst of a career change and am in need of some new dress clothes, and am anxiously awaiting their next $30 shirt sale. On that note, I used to buy bonobos slacks off of ebay for cheap prices, brand new with a line through the tag (i'm thinking they were overstock) but there's no longer that much availability. Needing a new brand. Anyone familiar with Uniqlo's dress pants/slacks? Or recommend J Crew Factory?

Comment

FYI everyone, shirts are also 29.50 through this link..

http://www.ctshirts.com/default.aspx...7C%7C%7C%7C%7C
                  Last edited by dnugget; June 10, 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Sigh..figured they wouldn't have many options for my retarded measurements of 16" neck and 32" arms.

Comment

Originally posted by dnugget View Post
                      FYI everyone, shirts are also 29.50 through this link..

http://www.ctshirts.com/default.aspx...7C%7C%7C%7C%7C
                      Thanks! How long is this sale active for?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                        Thanks! How long is this sale active for?
                        Order details:
                        Orders are limited to one order of up to 5 shirts. The $29.50 shirt offer applies to Charles Tyrwhitt’s dress or sport shirts originally priced at $140 or $160. Piqué polos offer price is $39.50, originally priced at $110 and $120. Woven tie offer price is $39.50, original price $100. Handmade tie offer price is $59, original price $170. Offers are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or vouchers, or on website clearance section. Offer ends at midnight GMT on Monday 30th June 2014. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend these offers at any time, without prior notice.

So all June, it seems. It's been up for a few weeks, but I'm just building my wardrobe so I much prefer the shirt and tie for $40.

Comment

How often does CT do these shirt/tie combos? I like the deal, just feel like waiting for the next round!

Comment

CT has a promotion going pretty much at all times. Can't get better than a shirt for $30 shipped or a shirt + tie for $40 shipped.
                            6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by paulsoncall View Post
                              How often does CT do these shirt/tie combos? I like the deal, just feel like waiting for the next round!
                              It's rarer for them to not be running this type of deal than doing so... the only difference now is they're running all of them at the same time.

If you don't get them now, I'd be shocked if you couldn't re-up on any of the deals by August.

Comment

I'd like to try CT shirts, but any way to get around the $10 shipping cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X