Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbour jackets 20-30% off at Aspecto.co.uk. They don't seem to have any small sizes left.

Be aware you will need to pay a customs fee after you get it shipped.

http://www.aspecto.co.uk/l0-mens-l1-...2-barbour.html

Comment

If you have a Barney's Warehouse near you, they're having 50% off a bunch of stuff in the store - lots of clearance items. Other things are an additional 30-40% off, including shoes which were 40% off (except clearance which was 50% off).

I grabbed four ties - three are Isaia 7-fold, the other is a Zegna foulard - for under $200. I may flip them... or keep a few... we'll see!

Comment

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men?globalnav_referrer=men

Gilt is having a memorial day sale for the entire weekend. Definitely steeper discounts than per the usual.

Comment

BRHEAT for 40% off at Banana Republic. Stacks with the 25% off email signup and works on the onsale blazers. was able to get the chambray blazer featured this week on dappered for under 70

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
            Barbour jackets 20-30% off at Aspecto.co.uk. They don't seem to have any small sizes left.

Be aware you will need to pay a customs fee after you get it shipped.

http://www.aspecto.co.uk/l0-mens-l1-...2-barbour.html
            Any idea what that fee is?

Comment

I paid about $50 customs fee for my Barbour jacket.

Comment

Equus Leather is having a £10 off sale on their Kensington Bridle Leather Belts. The discount works out to about 15%. It's the only sale that I've ever seen Equus have. The belts are made with the same J & E Sedgwick leather that I reviewed on Dappered's main site a few months back.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                  Just wondering if you got the loafers in yet, and if so how the sizing worked out. Is 9.5 your Brannock size (or are there specific shoe models you wear that size in?)

Gilt sent me the 30% off code again, so still contemplating buying these.
                  My Bass Fenmore loafers finally arrived yesterday from Gilt ($140 w coupon):

I'd say they fit pretty TTS - I bought 9.5 and usually wear 9.5 in dress shoes. They initially had some heel slippage, but I expect that with loafers and boat shoes, and its improved significantly as I've been wearing them. If the size guide on the Bass website is accurate and the size 9 is only 0.1" smaller, I possibly could've worn a 9, but I don't plan to exchange these. They fit well, and if they were any smaller I'm afraid I'd be crushing my toes and getting blisters. Here's a pic with me lifting my toes - to show where the are in relation to the front of the shoe:

Kinda tough to see, but there's not a ton of room left up front. They're certainly no flopping around my heels, so I'm happy with the fit.

The leather quality is decent - soft and pliable, and there doesn't appear to be much excess creasing. The package insert mentions the leather is from a famous Chicago tannery - which we all assume is Horween. These are not Chromexcel though, or at least don't seem to be (I also imagine they'd advertise them as such, if they were). The stitching is good - I see a few minor imperfections, but nothing that would indicate these are seconds quality. Nice leather soles with rubber heel insert - judging by the visible stitching in the insole, these are blake welted and not Goodyear welted. The color is nice for the casual look I was going for. I was interested in the brown pebble grain too, but I think they were out of my size at the time. They're very comfortable.

So overall I'm pretty satisfied. Good leather, nice fit, comfortable loafers. I consider them the poor man's OSB beefroll - which would be my grail loafer - and is currently on sale for $295. But I have a REAL hard time paying that much for a shoe I'm going to beat to hell, and probably wear sockless a good part of the time...

If anyone wants more pics or feedback, I'd be glad to help out.

Comment

BR has 50% off, including a decent number of suits/blazers

Comment

Originally posted by Chcougar View Post
                      BR has 50% off, including a decent number of suits/blazers
                      This is a good time to pick up a linen blazer for the summer. I have the Khaki Linen blazer and it is great....for $112.50 it is a steal as long as you fit into the BR sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        This is a good time to pick up a linen blazer for the summer. I have the Khaki Linen blazer and it is great....for $112.50 it is a steal as long as you fit into the BR sizes.
                        how slim is the BR blazer?

Comment

Since it is their Tailored line it is slim but not nearly as much as the Modern Slim they have started advertising over the past year. I am 6'1" 180lbs and usually wear a 40R and it fit perfectly. Linen stretches a little according to Joe so it may loosen a bit but it should still fit great.

Comment

FYI: Piperlime has Clarks DBs in light grey suede (sandstone) on clearance for $60. Currently, in stock sizes range from 8.5-13.

edit: Just snagged a pair for $28 after discounts/credits.

25OFF - 25% off all mens.
                            SOCHIC - 20% off w/ BR card.
                            Last edited by mcadamsandwich; May 29, 2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - those are the wheat right?
                              My cocktail videos >

Comment

JCF B&M stores have 60% off clearance through Sunday. Have to present this flyer:

6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Working...
                                X