This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    Jcrew is having an extra 50% off sale items event again.
    I just ordered the double breasted Ludlow topcoat in navy:

$374.49 including tax (Anchor price was $895) I am a little worried about the fit. I have never tried a Ludlow topcoat, but I have not had much luck in Ludlow suits (shoulders usually too wide). The topcoat in 36/s measures 18 inches in the shoulders, which should be good for me, but the chest is 40 inches and waist 36 inches, which might be tight over a suit.
    Also not sure about the brown (?leather) buttons. I would rather switch it out with the standard black plastic buttons. Where can I get a set of coat buttons?

Inspiration piece is something like this from Burberry:

The wool-cashmere looks super luxurious, but it is $1,695 and currently out of stock in navy.

Comment

LCDR, first off, I'm guessing the buttons are a brown horn, not leather, based on the other ludlow top coats I tried on.

On the sizing, they tend to fit pretty slim... I wore a ludlow blazer in 40R in store when I tried them on. Even sizing up to a 42R proved to be uncomfortably tight over the blazer. I decided not to go with the ludlow for that reason. I think they would have fit great over just a shirt and sweater though.

Just wanted to share some thoughts on that. I did try on a single breasted version though, so maybe the double breasted will work for you. Great price though, and JCrew tends to nail it on the fabrics they use. Hope it works out! Post a review!

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        Jcrew is having an extra 50% off sale items event again. Their stock has replenished, somewhat, so maybe check it out. They even have a few Drake's pocket squares available, at a rather tempting price. And my god, it's happened. I just called $35-40 for a square of fabric tempting.

Drake's sale: https://www.jcrew.com/search/searchN...&bmUID=kfMoeLT

General sale: https://www.jcrew.com/sale.jsp
        Saw the Drake's squares earlier today but didn't think the 50% off applied so I didn't try to add them to my cart. They're gone now!

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post

$374.49 including tax (Anchor price was $895) I am a little worried about the fit. I have never tried a Ludlow topcoat, but I have not had much luck in Ludlow suits (shoulders usually too wide). The topcoat in 36/s measures 18 inches in the shoulders, which should be good for me, but the chest is 40 inches and waist 36 inches, which might be tight over a suit.
          Also not sure about the brown (?leather) buttons. I would rather switch it out with the standard black plastic buttons. Where can I get a set of coat buttons?

The wool-cashmere looks super luxurious, but it is $1,695 and currently out of stock in navy.
          I own the Ludlow herringbone topcoat. I usually wear a size 38 R suit jacket, but the 38 R coat was too snug over my suit. So I sized up to a 39. Still too tight. So sized up to a 40 R. Perfect fit.

Comment

By the way, all sizes in Ludlow topcoat cashmere wool blend are completely out of stock

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post

Coat should fit you fine if you wear 36/S jackets. Just enough room for shirt and sweater underneath. Haven't tried to squeeze a blazer underneath, and I don't need to.

Comment

That overcoat looks like every one of those buttons is about to pop.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  Saw the Drake's squares earlier today but didn't think the 50% off applied so I didn't try to add them to my cart. They're gone now!
                  Barney's Warehouse still has a few Drake's: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barn...ocket-squares/

Comment

... a bunch of Drake's ties for $59 too: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barn...efv1=Drake%27s

Comment

The J.Crew Private Ludlow sale event is still going on, here's my unique code if anyone has their eye on a Ludlow and wants 30% off:

LPW83UF4M

I have a few Ludlows, but I find their 2.5" lapels to be a bit too fashion/trendy for me, so I'm not likely to buy any more of their suits anytime soon. Good luck to whoever needs it! (you should probably post if you do use it, so that others know its been used already).

Comment

If you search for the Ludlow Fielding suits, they have normal sized lapels.

Comment

Here's my code for the private Ludlow sale:

LPWY9JYTS

Comment

Ordered 3 pairs of these chinos and they fit and feel great. Nordstrom clearance 1901's. Sizing running thin. http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Detai...=keywordsearch

Comment

allen edmonds' clearance section is an additional 20% off right now. there are some legitimate deals for first quality shoes to be had

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...5&ps=1000&bi=0

Comment

I am wondering if AE McAdam is a good deal at 157$ after the 20% off. I'm a little concerned about the un-lined interior and the ridge digging into the heel that's being mentioned on the reviews.

Anyone on here have these boots?

Comment

Working...
                                X