Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    NMWA sale is now live to the public, not just "founders."
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/
    I know they are still really expensive, but the Vass sale at NMWA is incredible! Vass shoes are completely handmade and handwelted. They regularly are $795, but the current sale brings them down to $596, or $536 if you're a founder. These prices include lasted trees and free shipping which is probably at least a $100 value. If you've been looking for a shoe splurge, this is it. My suede cap toes arrived today and they are one of the most amazing shoes I own. The pics on the website do not do them justice at all!

    Lots of other great deals on their site too. Sometimes you have to click on the item to see the discount, they aren't always visible when viewing multiple items.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
      I know they are still really expensive, but the Vass sale at NMWA is incredible! Vass shoes are completely handmade and handwelted. They regularly are $795, but the current sale brings them down to $596, or $536 if you're a founder. These prices include lasted trees and free shipping which is probably at least a $100 value. If you've been looking for a shoe splurge, this is it. My suede cap toes arrived today and they are one of the most amazing shoes I own. The pics on the website do not do them justice at all!

      Lots of other great deals on their site too. Sometimes you have to click on the item to see the discount, they aren't always visible when viewing multiple items.
      Oooof. There are a few pairs over there that I'm sorely tempted to spring for. I won't because there are other things I want to spend the money on, but daaaaamn if I'm not tempted.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        I know they are still really expensive, but the Vass sale at NMWA is incredible! Vass shoes are completely handmade and handwelted. They regularly are $795, but the current sale brings them down to $596, or $536 if you're a founder. These prices include lasted trees and free shipping which is probably at least a $100 value. If you've been looking for a shoe splurge, this is it. My suede cap toes arrived today and they are one of the most amazing shoes I own. The pics on the website do not do them justice at all!

        Lots of other great deals on their site too. Sometimes you have to click on the item to see the discount, they aren't always visible when viewing multiple items.
        While a lot of what they have on the site is gorgeous, most of it is so far out of my price range that I don't even feel tempted. Vass sounds good, but almost $600 for it? No, even I have limits. I am kind of tempted by the Heschung Derbies though. They're closer to my price range, and I do need a good derby or two. Don't you have that exact pair? Or something very similar?

        Comment


          In regards to this years staffords blazers: the camel hairs , and the merino wools, fit pretty trim and lean definetely more modern than classic. Shoulders are pretty good, definetely not linebacker like. I bought a couple of each this season. On the other end, I did try on the corduroys and thought they fit significantly more boxy. Both the merino wools and the camel hair can be had instore for something like $50-$60 bucks the last time I was in store a coupel weeks ago. Definetely worth a try in my opinion.

          Comment


            Size down one and you will probably need it taken in at the sides. They also run pretty long on the sleeves and tail (e.g. I'm normally a 40R. I got a 38L and a 38R to try on. The 38R fits, the 38L is way too long)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
              Don't you have that exact pair? Or something very similar?
              Yep, I have that exact pair. Vicious does too. I'd size down .5 in that. Great shoe! It's sort of my new default walking around the city in crummy weather shoe. The boot looks really great too.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                Yep, I have that exact pair. Vicious does too. I'd size down .5 in that. Great shoe! It's sort of my new default walking around the city in crummy weather shoe. The boot looks really great too.
                Thanks for the tip! Still not sure if I'll get it, or wait until the Allen Edmonds 2 for $250 sale though. Is Heschung better quality than AE? Comparable? And if we're talking about the same boots, they do look great, but the crepe sole defeats the purpose of a boot like that, I think.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                  Yep, I have that exact pair. Vicious does too. I'd size down .5 in that. Great shoe! It's sort of my new default walking around the city in crummy weather shoe. The boot looks really great too.
                  Yeah, that boot is radical. It's like a respectable version of Doc Martens.

                  Comment


                    Jos A Banks shoes trees for 8.50 going on right now.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by zcm View Post
                      Jos A Banks shoes trees for 8.50 going on right now.
                      How do they compare to those from Nordstrom Rack? I bought a pair from NR, pretty horrible I must say.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Bigger than a duck View Post
                        Did you size down because of the classic cut, or do the Staffords normally run big?
                        Both IMO. I am 6'3'' 210lbs. Wear a 44R Ludlow.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
                          How do they compare to those from Nordstrom Rack? I bought a pair from NR, pretty horrible I must say.
                          Never had a pair from Nordstrom Rack. I have one from Nordstrom though. I would say they are similar quality. The Nordy one is a split toe or whatever and the JAB is a solid toe. I doubt they are as nice or as great as a pair specifically made for whatever shoes you have, but for 8.50 I don't think you can go wrong.

                          Comment


                            Woodlore is Woodlore is Woodlore.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              Woodlore is Woodlore is Woodlore.
                              Woodlore is having a BOGO sale on shoe trees right now - 2 pair split toe trees for $24.95.

                              I got several JAB trees at $8.50 over the holidays and I have no complaints at $8.50, but I'm no shoe tree expert. Is the split toe worth the extra $4? I ask sincerely.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                                I know they are still really expensive, but the Vass sale at NMWA is incredible! Vass shoes are completely handmade and handwelted. They regularly are $795, but the current sale brings them down to $596, or $536 if you're a founder. These prices include lasted trees and free shipping which is probably at least a $100 value. If you've been looking for a shoe splurge, this is it. My suede cap toes arrived today and they are one of the most amazing shoes I own. The pics on the website do not do them justice at all!

                                Lots of other great deals on their site too. Sometimes you have to click on the item to see the discount, they aren't always visible when viewing multiple items.
                                Some pretty great stuff in that shoe care section, too. I just don't know that I can justify that expenditure right now, but it is tempting.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X