Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DerekH View Post
    I don't know if anyone else got it, but about an hour ago I got a jcrew invite to their "Private Ludlow Suiting" event with 30% off fall/winter suiting styles. Custom code or I'd share it, but I expect it went to their entire mailing list.
    Yup, i got one as well.

    Comment


      Originally posted by DerekH View Post
      I don't know if anyone else got it, but about an hour ago I got a jcrew invite to their "Private Ludlow Suiting" event with 30% off fall/winter suiting styles. Custom code or I'd share it, but I expect it went to their entire mailing list.
      is this the same thing, i.e. is this the page linked from the email - https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/T...VIP=LPW8Z4TED?

      but we'd need a code to get the 30% off?

      Comment


        $31.50 (30% off $45) Bespoke Post "Sweat" Box with Blue Claw duffel bag (20"x10.5"x10.5") with code "FEB30". I think you have to be a new member and opt for the subscription. Limited to 50 uses according to them. Here's my referral: https://www.bespokepost.com/r/c679. This weekender/gym duffel seems like a great buy for around 30 bucks.

        Also, a review by Joe. http://dappered.com/2013/07/win-it-b...sts-sweat-box/

        Comment


          Originally posted by alexbun13 View Post
          $31.50 (30% off $45) Bespoke Post "Sweat" Box with Blue Claw duffel bag (20"x10.5"x10.5") with code "FEB30". I think you have to be a new member and opt for the subscription. Limited to 50 uses according to them. Here's my referral: https://www.bespokepost.com/r/c679. This weekender/gym duffel seems like a great buy for around 30 bucks.

          Also, a review by Joe. http://dappered.com/2013/07/win-it-b...sts-sweat-box/
          Feck -- spent the full $45 on that, although not a new member. Bag is definitely a value at $45 thought, steal at $30.
          6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

          Comment


            This one isn't "on the net" but I was at JC Penney over the weekend and saw a bunch of Stafford corduroy blazers on clearance for $35, with several colors and all sizes available. These were in the suit section not the clearance section. Tried one on and the fit leaned more towards modern, although IIRC it was labeled "classic fit". Does not seem to be listed on their website except in Big & Tall sizing.

            Comment


              ^ As an added bonus to Jims note, JCP also has a Stafford blazer in a blackwatch pattern on clearance for under $50 in store. All wool, classic fit.

              http://www.jcpenney.com/men/sale/sta...=SearchResults

              Comment


                Classic fit. Womp womp.
                My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

                Comment


                  I have the Blackwatch plaid blazer and have worn it in a number of different scenarios. Looks great with dark jeans, but also dressed up. Yes it is a classic fit, but is still pretty modern in styling. I normally wear a 44R, but sized down to a 42R and with a little tailoring, it looks great. Not a heavy wool and shoulders are not giant.

                  Side note: I bought the Stafford Harris Tweed plaid this weekend for $50 buck last weekend in store using a 15% coupon. Again, size down. Shoulders are larger than on the Blackwatch but it still looks good. It is at the tailor having the waist and sides brought in a touch and will be a great jacket those cold foggy days and night in SF.

                  Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  ^ As an added bonus to Jims note, JCP also has a Stafford blazer in a blackwatch pattern on clearance for under $50 in store. All wool, classic fit.

                  http://www.jcpenney.com/men/sale/sta...=SearchResults

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mrclean06 View Post
                    Yes it is a classic fit, but is still pretty modern in styling. I normally wear a 44R, but sized down to a 42R and with a little tailoring, it looks great. Not a heavy wool and shoulders are not giant.

                    Did you size down because of the classic cut, or do the Staffords normally run big?

                    Comment


                      I am a 42R and the corduroy blazer seemed to fit TTS. I am 6'0 and ~205lbs.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Bigger than a duck View Post
                        Did you size down because of the classic cut, or do the Staffords normally run big?
                        I sized down on a stafford classic fit blazer (from 40S to 38S) and the only thing I needed done was shortening sleeves. It fit slim and modern every where else.
                        I'm 5'8 155lbs.

                        Comment


                          NMWA sale is now live to the public, not just "founders."
                          http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/

                          Comment


                            Looks like I may have to stop by a JCP to try on some jackets.

                            6'2", 245 - usually a 48 with tailoring every time. Biggest issue I have is finding shoulders wide enough.

                            Thank you all for the sizing input
                            Last edited by Bigger than a duck; February 12, 2014, 02:43 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by diversification View Post
                              Classic fit. Womp womp.
                              Normally I'd agree and say size down (the Classic Fit is known to be boxy), but this one in particular actually fit pretty trim OTR. They don't make one in 38R to compare with, but the 40R fit very well with a thin sweater underneath. Shame I didn't buy it at the time.

                              Comment


                                alden indy 405 in limited size and wide width for $374.xx
                                in 10.5e, 11D and 11.5E.
                                http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/sho...405c-indy.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X