Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully most of you signed up to be in the Founder's Circle at No Man Walks Alone when they went live in October. Their current founder's sale is amazing!! You have to be logged in to see the discounts and then FOUNDERS10 gets you an additional 10% off your entire cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
      Hopefully most of you signed up to be in the Founder's Circle at No Man Walks Alone when they went live in October. Their current founder's sale is amazing!! You have to be logged in to see the discounts and then FOUNDERS10 gets you an additional 10% off your entire cart.
      I'm so glad you convinced me to sign up back then. Some of their sales are amazing yet still out f my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        I'm so glad you convinced me to sign up back then. Some of their sales are amazing yet still out f my price range.
        Is there any way we can sign up for it now? I was really curious about their last sale, but another one?! Can anyone check if there are any boots or footwear on sale?

Comment

Bonobos seems to have slashed prices, and the 50% off code is still active. Sizes are scattered, but there's still the possibility of getting something or other, and the well liked Nottingham blazers are now well under $100!

Comment

I'm tempted to get the full Knightsbridge suit for $153, but the jacket isn't in my size (42L). Anyone think I could take a chance on a 42R or a 44L and it still work out?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMehall View Post
              I'm tempted to get the full Knightsbridge suit for $153, but the jacket isn't in my size (42L). Anyone think I could take a chance on a 42R or a 44L and it still work out?
              #1 rule of deals: always take a chance. However if you call customer service I'm sure you can get measurements.

Comment

I'm gunna pull the trigger I'm just curious as to which way to go. A 42L fits me snug but not too snug, but a 44 may be too big, but a 42r may be too short, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                  Those Eastland Made in Maine boots are a great deal! Anyone know anything about sizing on those? TTS?
                  If anyone is interested in the Made in Maine boots in Black, Eastdane has the Monroe in all available sizes for $212.50 with free shipping and returns. Most sizes are available in loden and with spotty sizes in brown. Although J Press still has most sizes in the Loden at $131. I think these boots are pretty much the same (see below).

I couldn't quite pull the trigger for final sale from J Press for $131 as I've never tried these on. But with free shipping and free returns, I took a flyer on the last size 9 in dark brown. They don't look all that dissimilar from my Chippewas, but it is a cap toe with a true lug sole and seemingly with better leather, so I'll see if A) they fit and B) I'll keep them.

For what it's worth, the J Press boots looked virtually identical to the Monroe boot on the Eastland site. Both feature Horween leather, leather soles with subtle lug soles on the toe and heel and leather laces. I'm pretty sure the J Press collaboration was based on, if not pretty much the same as the Monroe.

Comment

Further drops at Leather Soul's Last Pair sale. George Cleverley $395 for 1 pair, $295 for 2 or more pairs. Anthony Cleverley $695 for 1, $495 for 2 or more.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/last-pair/

Here are the Cleverley links for pics:
                    http://www.gjcleverley.co.uk/our-shoes/bench-made
                    http://www.gjcleverley.co.uk/our-sho...hony-cleverley

The Charles and Ruben look like especially good deals.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMehall View Post
                      I'm gunna pull the trigger I'm just curious as to which way to go. A 42L fits me snug but not too snug, but a 44 may be too big, but a 42r may be too short, right?
                      You can fix snug or too big. You cannot fix too short or too long. Call customer service though, get measurements.

Comment

I just went ahead and got the 42R last night. I kind of assumed with the price drops the sale was about to end soon, so I didn't have time to wait for customer service to respond the next day. Looks like I was right and the sale ended, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it fits. Either way, $153 for a suit that retailed originally for $740 ain't too shabby. Even if no one would ever pay that original price.

Comment

I don't know if anyone here wears a size 6, 7.5, or 8 but this Tod's chukka is marked down to $289 on Hautelook. Still pricey, but 54% off retail price of $639. I think Steve McQueen wore Tod's chukkas...:

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                            If anyone is interested in the Made in Maine boots in Black, Eastdane has the Monroe in all available sizes for $212.50 with free shipping and returns. Most sizes are available in loden and with spotty sizes in brown. Although J Press still has most sizes in the Loden at $131. I think these boots are pretty much the same (see below).

I couldn't quite pull the trigger for final sale from J Press for $131 as I've never tried these on. But with free shipping and free returns, I took a flyer on the last size 9 in dark brown. They don't look all that dissimilar from my Chippewas, but it is a cap toe with a true lug sole and seemingly with better leather, so I'll see if A) they fit and B) I'll keep them.

For what it's worth, the J Press boots looked virtually identical to the Monroe boot on the Eastland site. Both feature Horween leather, leather soles with subtle lug soles on the toe and heel and leather laces. I'm pretty sure the J Press collaboration was based on, if not pretty much the same as the Monroe.
                            I stopped in the J.Press York St. store to try these on. I found the 9.5 too narrow over all and the 10 was too lose in the heal (I wear a 10D AE Strand). The leather was thinner than that on the AE Longbranch, but it's a good looking boot nonetheless. I do have to say I really liked the loden color a lot. Usually green shoes would be way out of my comfort zone, but these looked really nice. I can seeing looking even better with some age on them, or maybe a bit of black shoe polish. Hope this helps

Comment

McQueen wore Hutton's Original Playboys.

Comment

Cedar shoe trees with the brass knob at the top for $33 shipped at massdrop. It's a bit more expensive than the ones you can get on sale at JA Banks or STP but they seem to be much better design. Waiting for Fred to get back to me to see what he thinks but I'm considering picking up a few pairs. I think the brass knob would make them easier to insert and remove from boots than my standard shoe trees

If you're not already a member of massdrop, use the referral link to sign up and look for the shoe trees once you're in. I'll be honest and say I don't know if I get anything for you using the referral link but I'm guessing there has to be something in it for one of us or both.
                                https://www.massdrop.com/r/RQEFEY

Comment

Working...
                                X