Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Bonobos Yorkshire sweaters... no brainer for $19.
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

How do they compare to J Crew Merino?

Comment

Wouldn't know, sorry!

Comment

That price is ridiculous. I may jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
            I've got a Yorkshire Slim crewneck and several J. Crew slim merino v-necks, and they fit pretty comparably. I'd say the Bonobos is ever so slightly looser, as the J. Crew slims feel pretty tight on me.

Comment

I think the Yorkshire Slim in medium is slimmer than the J Crew slim merinos I've tried on. I had to go up to a medium, otherwise the sweater was tight enough to show the buttons on my shirt. The arms on the Bonobos are more reasonable in length. I think the arms on J Crew are too long.

I think the Bonobos material feels a little bit thinner. I could see through a camel colored one to the shirt below, which wasn't a problem with the J Crew - although it is possible that was because the Bonobos was stretched thinner as well.

Comment

I was about to pick up a sweater from Bonobos but it seemed like it runs longer in the body than JC or BR sweaters so I passed on it even at $19.

Comment

Couldn't deal w/ the line on the side. I know someone here said it's pretty unobtrusive but honestly design decisions like that make wonder "Why!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    I was about to pick up a sweater from Bonobos but it seemed like it runs longer in the body than JC or BR sweaters so I passed on it even at $19.
                    I would say that's pretty true, the medium Yorkshire Slim I have from them fits very well length-wise in the body and arms, and I'm 6'2" with about 37" arms.

Comment

The material of the Bonobos Yorkshire feels considerably thinner than BR merino v-necks, or Jcrew. I think it even felt thinner than JCP brand merinos! So I wouldn't recommend them. However, I ordered one of their Newcastles earlier, and that actually feels quite nice. The lambswool is soft and warm, and it is a reasonable thickness. I don't know how you guys feel about quarter zips though. In terms of sizing, I'm a medium slim in Jcrew and Bonobos shirt sizing, and I went with the regular small on the sweater, and fit is good.

Comment

I was initially bothered by the lines on the side too, but once I got them I realized they weren't such a big deal. It really is unobtrusive, and the color isn't so bold that it's popping out there, screaming for attention. Very unnoticeable, and no one cared enough to comment on them.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        That's what I like about the Bonobos sweaters actually. I always felt smalls and medium slims from other brands (notably J. Crew) were a little short on me, but the Bonobos sweaters hits that sweet spot for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                          I've purchased merino sweaters from both Bonobos & JCrew in the past two months and they fit about the same to me. I think the v-neck in the JCrew plunged about half an inch further down than did the neck in the Bonobos, and I personally prefer the Bonobos in that regard.

Comment

Just wanted to post a PSA about this ebay listing for Alden Indy boot for J.Crew in size 9D - it looks like its in great shape and with a BIN of $350 is $150 less than the retail cost for a new pair (30% off). These are probably my size, but I'm not in the market for Indy boots, plus I'm on a buying budget at present. But since so many people here do covet this boot I thought I'd post the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Indy-B...item2a3753e717

Comment

Anybody have the Nottingham blazer? The olive one is grabbing my attention but in Bonobos blazers I've previously tried a 36 was a bit tight and a 38 a bit loose. I'm wondering how the fit has changed compared to their original suiting and blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                                Anybody have the Nottingham blazer? The olive one is grabbing my attention but in Bonobos blazers I've previously tried a 36 was a bit tight and a 38 a bit loose. I'm wondering how the fit has changed compared to their original suiting and blazers.
                                It's amazing. Have it in Navy and always receive compliments. Fit is similar to their standard suit jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X