Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do LEC pants fit vs. Gap or Bonobos?

Comment

I haven't bought pants from GAP recently (or Bonobos ever) but in my experience LEC runs pretty true to size. I wear a 31 in most stuff from Banana Republic, J.Crew, etc., and the LEC 31 fits me. I wear a 32 in Levi's 514s, but I think it's fairly common to size up in those since they fit so snugly. The last time I bought GAP pants, they seemed to run a little big... I know I owned at least one pair of GAP pants in size 30.

Ben

Comment

Cool, thanks

Comment

I bought 3 pairs of chinos during the big sale, they fit true to size.

Comment

Sebago is on hautelook today. A lot of decent boat shoes and chukkas. Also their Fairhaven boot is only $72

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I recently received some LEC khakis in the mail. They're just barely on the snug side of "true to size" for me, but not enough to warrant sizing up.

Comment

I'm tempted by the rough brown docksides... especially since I have a $10 hautelook credit

Wish they had the oiled waxy leather ones though

Comment

Men's Wearhouse brand belts starting at $12 with 40% off code TAKE40M. It seems like all of the store brand belts say they're full-grain leather in the descriptions, so I'm wondering if they're a decent pickup even if it's cheapo leather...

Comment

@trash: Seen any cheap canvas belts around? Preferably something that's NOT just boring old khaki. That's what I'm in the market for.

Comment

I'd keep an eye on LE/LEC sales - I bought some there a while ago for under $10 each, though I don't see any that cheap at the moment.

Comment

@trash - I have two belts (black and burgundy) from MW that I picked up during a buy one get one free sale. I have to say they are pretty nice especially for the price. They are indeed full grain leather and made in Italy. This is the model I own:

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/...1_?cm_vc=10673

Comment

@runner-guy - awesome, I think I might try a couple then. Do you remember if you bought your waist size, or sized up one? The product page lists sizes as "## Waist" so I'm wondering if you're supposed to buy based on your pants waist size.

Comment

I went up one waist size. I wear 32 waist in pants and got a 34 waist in the belts.

Comment

J. Crew Factory - Extra 30% off sale items with code MUSTSHOP.

Comment

@runner-guy, I'm tempted to pickup those belts. There's a 40% off coupon right now (TAKE40U), which would put 2 belts at $24. (Unfortunately, no free shipping, but there is free ship to store which is pretty close by).

Comment

Working...
                                X