Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macy's code JANMEN gets you 25% off. They have a few Barbour items including the Liddesdale and Bedale. Unfortunately most of the items are in bigger sizes. Liddesdale starts in a M but in my experience it's best to size down at least 1 in that model. The 1 they have in my size is the Bedale which I already own. That one I got in my normal size 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Macy's code JANMEN gets you 25% off. They have a few Barbour items including the Liddesdale and Bedale. Unfortunately most of the items are in bigger sizes. Liddesdale starts in a M but in my experience it's best to size down at least 1 in that model. The 1 they have in my size is the Bedale which I already own. That one I got in my normal size 38.
      Thanks for the heads up Vicious! So the Bedale runs true to size? If I'm typically a 40R in blazers, you recommend the same size in the Bedale? I never would have guessed Macys sold Barbour jackets...

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
        Thanks for the heads up Vicious! So the Bedale runs true to size? If I'm typically a 40R in blazers, you recommend the same size in the Bedale? I never would have guessed Macys sold Barbour jackets...
        Yeah, for me the Bedale was TTS. I tried it on in 3 different sizes and found the 38 worked best for me. It's not trim fit by any means but is perfect to allow me to layer up in the winter time and not have to worry about my movement being restricted. I was able to fit in to a 36 but just wasn't comfortable if I was wearing anything other than a shirt. I'd recommend going with the 40 and if there's any issues you can always return it at any Macy's.

I wish I had known they carried Barbour and would have had them on discount. I have a friend who is a manager at one so I would have had him use his employee discount on top of this and gotten it for much better price than I paid for mine.

Comment

Yeah, for me the Bedale was TTS.
          Weird. I sized down 2 sizes in mine from a 42 to a 38. It fits me well in the shoulders, but is still fairly baggy in the waist. The only issue is that the sleeves are too short. I've been meaning to take mine to Orvis to have it sent off to have them lengthened.

Vicious, was yours bought from Jcrew? I'm wondering if maybe the ones made for Jcrew were made a bit slimmer. I bought mine from the Barbour outlet in Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
            Weird. I sized down 2 sizes in mine from a 42 to a 38. It fits me well in the shoulders, but is still fairly baggy in the waist. The only issue is that the sleeves are too short. I've been meaning to take mine to Orvis to have it sent off to have them lengthened.

Vicious, was yours bought from Jcrew? I'm wondering if maybe the ones made for Jcrew were made a bit slimmer. I bought mine from the Barbour outlet in Maine.
            Yeah, mine was from JCrew. I ordered a size 36, 38, and 40 from them and I was most definitely a 38. I didn't think there was a difference but it's possible. The sleeves fit me perfectly but then again, I am about a 34" sleeve size.

For anyone trying to order from Macy's, it wouldn't hurt to order your normal size and 1 down and return the one that doesn't fit. I often do that with most things if I am unsure of my size. With Macy's it's even easier since there's one at pretty much any mall that you can drive in to and do the return in person.

Comment

Agree w/ Vicious re the Bedale. Just tried on a 36 today and it was great but I'd want to wear a 38 if I needed to fit a blazer underneath it. If you're getting the Bedale for S/F weather, you can probably get away with going a size down.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Agree w/ Vicious re the Bedale. Just tried on a 36 today and it was great but I'd want to wear a 38 if I needed to fit a blazer underneath it. If you're getting the Bedale for S/F weather, you can probably get away with going a size down.
                I agree. you would definitely want to stick to your regular size if planning to wear it over a blazer. Mine is fairly fitted (besides the waist). I primarily wear it over button downs mostly and thin sweaters when it's a bit colder out. I don't have the liner either, so it's mainly for S/F wear like you mentioned.

Comment

I know nothing about the seller, but if anyone is a 15x34 this guy on SF is selling 26 BB 15x34 slim fit shirts and tossing in 10 other shirts for $200.
                  http://www.styleforum.net/t/377038/f...ee-shirts/0_30

Comment

I hate to post something conflicting but I sized down one size with the bedale. I'm normally a 42 in suit size but I went with a 40. The 42 felt like a tent. I have never worn it with a suit underneath, but I am able to comfortably layer with a shirt and thick cardigan. I would suggest the beaufort (the longer one) to be worn with a suit anyway.

Comment

I hate to post something conflicting but I sized down one size with the bedale.

I think if you plan to wear this over a blazer or suit jacket then stick to your normal size. If your want to layer underneath with a thick sweater, then size down one. If you want a more fitted jacket to wear over a button down in mild temps then size down one or even two like I did. Remember, these run big.

Comment

Originally posted by meowmix1891 View Post
                        I would suggest the beaufort (the longer one) to be worn with a suit anyway.
                        I agree with this. The Bedale isn't really long enough to be worn over a blazer or suit jacket.

I got my normal size 38 and am able to wear a thick sweater or a vest underneath it with no issues. I also am beginning to realize that I have naturally big shoulders that don't allow me to size down as much as some others might be able to get away with. Even today when I went to the Barbour store and asked the manager there who had sold me the Birch, what size she thought I'd be in the Chelsea, she said 'with your shoulders, most likely a medium'. If I had a smaller frame I could probably get away with a small but my shoulders/chest won't allow it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input on sizing. I ended up deciding on my normal size, based upon the measurements on Barbours website... We'll see how it goes. Worst case scenario, I'll exchange it if I end up swimming in it. Too bad there's not a good spot nearby to try one on in person!

Comment

For the Desert Boot Fans: The Clarks x Burgundy Horween (internet says Chromexcel?) now down $53 to $92 on 6pm. http://www.6pm.com/clarks-desert-boo...orween-leather

The starting price is marginally higher than normal CDBs, so it isn't quite as cheap as you can score some of the other colors/materials in, though I expect prices will drop further as sizes start to sell out (another website had them even further down but sold out once it got posted to reddit).

Comment

Originally posted by Crims View Post
                              For the Desert Boot Fans: The Clarks x Burgundy Horween (internet says Chromexcel?) now down $53 to $92 on 6pm. http://www.6pm.com/clarks-desert-boo...orween-leather

The starting price is marginally higher than normal CDBs, so it isn't quite as cheap as you can score some of the other colors/materials in, though I expect prices will drop further as sizes start to sell out (another website had them even further down but sold out once it got posted to reddit).
                              I have these and they are great. They are chromexcel and super comfortable. I like them significantly more than my beeswax CBDs and that's saying a lot.

Comment

Jos A. Bank is doing a sale of the merino wool topcoats for $69, Ori. $450-595.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Comment

Working...
                                X