Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this yesterday. I called in about the brown herringbone wool sportcoat. It was $280 online - 40%; $250 in store - 50%. I called the store (which doesn't stock my size) and had them order it for me from online. Typically they want you in store to do this, but because the stock was flying off the shelves (perhaps thanks to the Dappered main page), he made an exception and took my info over the phone. $125 shipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
      Drake's sale!!! (looks like their site crashed as well)

My lord there are some gorgeous ties on there - good thing I'm on a "new baby" budget, otherwise that would've been dangerous. Still pricey too...

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
        I did this yesterday. I called in about the brown herringbone wool sportcoat. It was $280 online - 40%; $250 in store - 50%. I called the store (which doesn't stock my size) and had them order it for me from online. Typically they want you in store to do this, but because the stock was flying off the shelves (perhaps thanks to the Dappered main page), he made an exception and took my info over the phone. $125 shipped!
        deebs and marathon, I have to admit that when I saw deebs post about this one, I instantly regretted purchasing the JC Factory brown herringbone on their sale two days prior. I still am thinking about getting that heather naval blue one, though. May have to get this brown herringbone and sell the JCF one since both are final sale.

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
          deebs and marathon, I have to admit that when I saw deebs post about this one, I instantly regretted purchasing the JC Factory brown herringbone on their sale two days prior. I still am thinking about getting that heather naval blue one, though. May have to get this brown herringbone and sell the JCF one since both are final sale.
          I have the JCF brown herringbone jacket, and FWIW there isn't a huge difference between it and the mainline model. Over the holidays, I visited a J Crew brick & mortar, and I happened to be wearing the JCF jacket. My wife saw the jacket in the store, and she was like, "Hey! You're wearing that." I held the two jackets next to eachother, and it was nearly impossible to tell them apart. The fabric felt and looked exactly the same. The mainline jacket does have pickstitching along the collar & lapels. Also, it might be half-canvassed, but the website doesn't indicate that.

Comment

Did you try it on to see if it fit differently? My impression is that Ludlow's run significantly more slim.
            My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
              I have the JCF brown herringbone jacket, and FWIW there isn't a huge difference between it and the mainline model. Over the holidays, I visited a J Crew brick & mortar, and I happened to be wearing the JCF jacket. My wife saw the jacket in the store, and she was like, "Hey! You're wearing that." I held the two jackets next to eachother, and it was nearly impossible to tell them apart. The fabric felt and looked exactly the same. The mainline jacket does have pickstitching along the collar & lapels. Also, it might be half-canvassed, but the website doesn't indicate that.
              great info and thanks for that. Even though I didn't say it, I was somewhat looking for feedback on that suggestion. If that's the case, then I may just stick with the JCF at still half the price (got it for $59 while this one on sale is $125). I should get the jacket tomorrow and will be able to tell then.

diversification, we'll see how this one fits when I get it, but I've tried Ludlows on at J. Crew before and have this one at home now (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...7972/17972.jsp). For me, there's a lot to be taken in in the waist area on them (kinda like Joe says). Do you mean that you find the Ludlows to be even slimmer than the Thompsons from JCF?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                My lord there are some gorgeous ties on there - good thing I'm on a "new baby" budget, otherwise that would've been dangerous. Still pricey too...
                I've actually gotten most of my Drakes from Mr Porter sales or NM Last Call. If you have a good NMLC near you that gets Bergdorf stuff, they'll have some Drake's too.

Comment

SNOW14 knocks up to an additional 40% off selected RL sale stuff. Sandersons come down to $168.

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
                    diversification, we'll see how this one fits when I get it, but I've tried Ludlows on at J. Crew before and have this one at home now (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...7972/17972.jsp). For me, there's a lot to be taken in in the waist area on them (kinda like Joe says). Do you mean that you find the Ludlows to be even slimmer than the Thompsons from JCF?
                    Unfortunately, I don't live very close to a J.Crew or JCF, so I haven't actually tried on either of them. I was just trying to figure out which has the slimmer fit: the Ludlows or the Thompsons (higher armholes, slimmer sleeves, larger chest-to-waist drop etc).
                    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

SNOW14 knocks up to an additional 40% off selected RL sale stuff. Sandersons come down to $168.
                      $42 for the chuckkas...would def snag the dark brown if they had my size.
                      My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                        Unfortunately, I don't live very close to a J.Crew or JCF, so I haven't actually tried on either of them. I was just trying to figure out which has the slimmer fit: the Ludlows or the Thompsons (higher armholes, slimmer sleeves, larger chest-to-waist drop etc).
                        I believe the ludlow has always been tailored or cinched in the back when its being shown on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                          $42 for the chuckkas...would def snag the dark brown if they had my size.
                          Where does the SNOW14 code work?

Comment

Originally posted by sojo2600 View Post
                            Where does the SNOW14 code work?
                            Ralph Lauren site.

By the way, I can't believe they're trying to sell Polo ties for around a $90 (ON SALE). I really hope no one is biting on that - for that price you could be grabbing Drakes. Yeesh.

Comment

anyone got this RL chelsea boots?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...le_iUS_rUS_dUS

this is the picture of the black one:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190980840421741922/

it was $99 3 days ago 1/11/2014, now they rise the price to $139.99 *40% off coupon= $84.00.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                                Did you try it on to see if it fit differently? My impression is that Ludlow's run significantly more slim.
                                here's the fit picture of the JCF in khaki:

http://imgur.com/WhFYEDl

Comment

Working...
                                X