Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrm... Well, I'm not spending any money until I find out if I have to pay to replace the (work) iPad that I left on the plane on the way home... if I find out I don't today I might get both

EDIT: The Lands End shorts have a lot more fun colors

Comment

That multi-check poplin shirt for $29...I don't think I've ever paid more than $12 for LEC shirts, but I might have to make an exception.

Comment

I like the patterned LEC shorts, but I'd prefer a linen blend for anything below the waist as opposed to 100% linen. The multi colored check shirt looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Last Call extra 25% off through March 6. Free shipping on $75+: LC75FEB.

Comment

@Alan, why? I don't think I've ever had linen shorts, but they sounded like they'd be good for hot weather

Comment

Alan, can I ask why the preference for a Linen blend? I'm just looking into summer weight clothes and want to make appropriate choices.

Comment

Ultimately, it's personal preference, but I do have my reasons:

1.) Linen has a mind of its own, and doesn't drape AT ALL and will wrinkle within the first 30 minutes of wearing it so it can look messy. Wrinkles will form quickly in all the usual spots, and they'll be there all day. I find it more forgiveable above the belt than below.

2.) It can be very thin so you can often see straight through it if your underwear color is dramatically different. And if you sweat and the linen gets wet, it can make the whole thing worse.

3.) Then there's the whole concept if visual weight. Since linen has so much bounce, if you pair it with anything other than more linen, your bottom half tends to look lighter than your top half. It's a personal opinion thing, but i'm not a fan of it.

4.) It's reasonably durable to heat, but it doesn't like to be roughed up so there are extra considerations when washing.

A linen/cotton blend would help the drape and the see-through-ability as well as add some visual weight.

Having said all that, colors and (especially) patterns in the LEC shorts can probably help on counts 1 through 3, and everybody owns at least a few things with special care instructions that are far more stringent. And as a fabric, nothing is better at keeping you cool (at least that I've found) so I don't want to dissuade anyone.

Comment

I've read that 100% linen garments will soften over time with washing and drying, which will help with wrinkles to a degree.

True/False?

Comment

Yeah, they do soften over time. They won't get the hard creases as easily after a while, but they will always have a relaxed, "fluffy" look like they're fresh from the dryer.

All that being said... I'm already ordering a couple other items from LEC so I'm gonna grab some linen shorts after all and just return them if they don't work. I'm already paying for shipping so I figure there's no harm. I wasn't a fan of the solid colored linen/cotton blends from J Crew.

Comment

No shipping if you're over $50, dog. Classic/1020 is the code.

Comment

DAMMIIIIIT! After I've already ordered... I even looked for a code and didn't see one.

Comment

There is free shipping on all orders with code SPRING and PIN 2840. Good through 3/8.

Ben

Comment

Wonderful...

Comment

Retailmenot.com is your friend. I always check it before buying stuff from online retailers, just to make sure I'm not missing something.

Ben

Comment

Cancel and reorder? Chat online and ask, an I'm sure they'll let you use the code/refund shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X