Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you stack the grad school discount?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      How do you stack the grad school discount?
      The student/grad-school 15% off discount is in-store only, but will be applied to final price after the 40% off final sale discount (it ends up being 50% off the lowest price all together). I don't think there is any way to use your student discount online. Hopefully, you have a J.Crew retail store nearby. I've found their sale to be better prices and quality than any factory store I've ever been in.

There were a ton of leftover items, like sweaters, that were on sale for $19.99-$39.99 before any discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan B. View Post
        The student/grad-school 15% off discount is in-store only, but will be applied to final price after the 40% off final sale discount (it ends up being 50% off the lowest price all together). I don't think there is any way to use your student discount online. Hopefully, you have a J.Crew retail store nearby. I've found their sale to be better prices and quality than any factory store I've ever been in.

There were a ton of leftover items, like sweaters, that were on sale for $19.99-$39.99 before any discounts.
        To apply the student discount to online deals you want to call J Crew and place a phone order. Let them know you have a student ID and offer to give them your email address. I've heard sometimes they will apply the 15% discount then and there, but don't be surprised if they put the 15% discount as pending and tell you to pop in to a local J Crew to present your student ID for verification.

Comment

I got them to give me the student discount over the phone once, as a "one time thing." I haven't tried it again, but it certainly couldn't hurt and is worth a shot. But if Jcrew is having all these promos in store, I need to find a way over there.

Comment

http://unisnewyork.com/collections/sale?2

cp aka common project @ 40% off their msrp; Their red prices reflect the 40% off.

nice cp derby:

http://unisnewyork.com/products/comm...det-derby-navy

Comment

It's that time again - the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale additional markdown. If you were on the fence, check back because things might be cheaper. if you bought something, chat with customer service and they will match the current price.

Comment

50% off shoes at nordy:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/sale-men...e=&segmentId=0

men:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/sale-men...e=&segmentId=0

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                  It's that time again - the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale additional markdown. If you were on the fence, check back because things might be cheaper. if you bought something, chat with customer service and they will match the current price.
                  Thanks for the heads up. Just got them to refund a bit of money on one of the henleys I ordered last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. Just got them to refund a bit of money on one of the henleys I ordered last week.
                    Which henley Vicious? The Wallin & Bros? I took a flyer in the blue heather yesterday to see if I want to get into the henley game. I'm disappointed they were out of my size in the green.

Incidentally, I'm psyched to have learned about the Wallin & Bros brand. The OCBD felt at least as nice as the Everlane one I tried on earlier this year. I just wish they came in better clors (for me). I also go the lambswool pique cardigan and while I'm returning it (I'm giving up on cardigans - I just don't know how to wear them), but they both felt like good quality.

Comment

I had ordered about 5-6 different ones since I wasn't sure of the fit/cut on any of them. The one that I ended up keeping was the French Connection henley. It fit me better than the others. One of the ones I sent back was Wallin and Bros. I can't remember specifically what I didn't like about that one. I had never heard of the brand before the order and am still not familiar with them at all.

My next favorite one after the FC henley is the Billy Reid thermal henley. Still contemplating whether i want to swap that one out for the correct size or just return it. You have to order a size up in that one even though the BR knit henley sizing is TTS. Makes no sense.

Comment

Calibrate trim and slim fit shirts are half off, down to $29.75 a shirt! Excellent deal for a well fitting shirt.

Comment

Those Calibrate slim fits are a great deal. I already own 2 of them so don't want to add anymore gingham to my wardrobe at the moment.

Comment

For what it is worth Wallin & Bros is another Nordstrom house brand (like Calibrate and 1901) that I had not head of until this year. Like I said, quality seemed good on the OCBD and cardigan.

Billy Reid Henley looks good but I don't like the colors. French Connection is out of mediums, and also the sleeves look too long on the model.

I'll report back on the W&B.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              so don't want to add anymore gingham to my wardrobe at the moment.
                              Blasphemy, no such thing as too much Gingham

Comment

Anyone tried the 1901, Calibrate and Nordstrom lines of button ups? Is there a noticeable quality difference between the 3? Does anyone know which is the trimmest?
                                My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Working...
                                X