Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called AE and had them apply the 150 off two shoes to the pre Christmas pricing. Got the 5th avenue and Rutledge for 350 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      I called AE and had them apply the 150 off two shoes to the pre Christmas pricing. Got the 5th avenue and Rutledge for 350 shipped.
      Were those for firsts or seconds?

Comment

Click here for a printable coupon that'll give you $10 off a $25 in-store purchase at JCP

Restrictions apply, but a nice deal nonetheless. Great for a new shirt or a pair of Dockers or something. Clearance items are excluded, but I'm gonna see if I can't snag a few $15 Claiborne shirts off the sale rack anyways.

Deal ends 12/28

2ND DEAL (ONLINE DEAL!)
        Click here to check out Nordstrom's half-yearly sale
        I haven't really checked that one out, but Ebates offers 5% cash back on Nordstrom purchases in addition to the 30-40% discounts you'll get during this sale. Makes for some nice deals!

Free shipping and returns should be offered on all sales, but use code FREESHIP if not.

Of the little I have checked out, this 100% Merino Wool sweater looks nice for $50.

Or check out this 100% lambswool sweater - considered 'trim fit' according to description $53
        Last edited by ca3l; December 26, 2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Gilt City is offering a deal on Ledbury at the moment. Pay $100 to receive a $200 promo. I was able to combine it with the promo "Welcome20" for an extra 20% off, bringing the cost down to $80. I've never shopped with Gilt City before though, so maybe that's why it worked for me. In any case, a 50% off discount on the highly praised Ledbury seems like a good deal to me. I got two shirts, and hopefully they'll live up to the hype!

Link to Ledbury, straight to the sale section, for the lazy of you.

Comment

[QUOTE=ca3l;144606]Click here for a printable coupon that'll give you $10 off a $25 in-store purchase at JCP

Restrictions apply, but a nice deal nonetheless. Great for a new shirt or a pair of Dockers or something. Clearance items are excluded, but I'm gonna see if I can't snag a few $15 Claiborne shirts off the sale rack anyways.

Deal ends 12/28

JCP OCBD's on sale there for $15.99 as well

Comment

Originally posted by ca3l View Post
              2ND DEAL (ONLINE DEAL!)
              Click here to check out Nordstrom's half-yearly sale
              I haven't really checked that one out, but Ebates offers 5% cash back on Nordstrom purchases in addition to the 30-40% discounts you'll get during this sale. Makes for some nice deals!
              Lol at me not noticing this was on the front page of Dappered... arg. where did the ole' edit button go?

Comment

Mind blown.... Anyone ever consider Sierra Trading Post as a source for discounted suits, dress clothes, etc? I never have... I'll definitely frequent this site more often after stumbling upon the very nice selection of stuff they have!
                They're currently running year end blow out sales that range from 20-30% off, and those discounts stack with a 30% off of $75 order coupon by entering SITEBUMP1213, or check retailmenot for other promotions (they run a lot of promotions, but they tend to have short timeframes so check regularly for best deal/best coupon code)

One example:
                This Extreme Slim Fit Calvin Klein 100% wool suit sells normally for $349.95, then is $262 after $25% off. Then add in the EB122613B code and it becomes $170 + $10 shipping. then you can get 2.5% cash back from ebates, So all in all about $176-177 shipped when cashback is factored in!!!!
                If you check under specs, you'll notice that they give specs for the pants.. I selected the 40 chest option and it automatically popped up with 34" waist. I am assuming that this sale includes the pants since pants specs are listed in the SPECS page, however there is no option to select a waist size. It says in the specs that the pants come unhemmed. I'm quite certain that the $170 includes the pants, but maybe you'll have to place your order over the phone to get the pants the right size!

This John Varvatos Star USA 85 cotton/15 silk dress shirt for $41

Johnston & Murphy shoes for $59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leather sole Johnston & Murphy $80?

Lloyd Calfskin leather kicks for $80
                Tons more. I am impressed...
                Last edited by ca3l; December 27, 2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

What the likely case is, is that the suit comes with pants, and most OTR suiting that comes as a full suit has a 6 inch drop. They probably dont sell the pants and jackets separately, so you have no choice in what pant size you choose.

Comment

Had to register as my way of saying thanks. This is a much more practical site for me than AAAC or SF.

Picked up 75%Silk/20%Cotton/5%Cashmere sweaters at Banana Republic for $20-23/ea. yesterday. Clearance items that are half off marked down prices. JCP has v-neck merino wool sweaters for $20. Sounded good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                      Gilt City is offering a deal on Ledbury at the moment. Pay $100 to receive a $200 promo. I was able to combine it with the promo "Welcome20" for an extra 20% off, bringing the cost down to $80. I've never shopped with Gilt City before though, so maybe that's why it worked for me. In any case, a 50% off discount on the highly praised Ledbury seems like a good deal to me. I got two shirts, and hopefully they'll live up to the hype!

Link to Ledbury, straight to the sale section, for the lazy of you.
                      FYI - looks like this is mostly shutdown. I just tried to use my voucher and it does not work with sale items, and does not work with non-shirt items. So all shirts are in the ~$140 range, which means that you'll need to buy 2 shirts to use the voucher at ~$280, so the best you can do with the gilt voucher is 2 shirts for net $160 (assuming you bought the $200 voucher for $80), or 1 shirt for $80 (and then you lose the rest of the voucher credit).

Comment

I had that issue too.. Also I do not remember seeing *Third-party promotions may not be used on sale items on the Ledbury sale page yesterday.

Contacted Gilt and they promptly processed my refund.

Originally posted by JonB View Post
                        FYI - looks like this is mostly shutdown. I just tried to use my voucher and it does not work with sale items, and does not work with non-shirt items. So all shirts are in the ~$140 range, which means that you'll need to buy 2 shirts to use the voucher at ~$280, so the best you can do with the gilt voucher is 2 shirts for net $160 (assuming you bought the $200 voucher for $80), or 1 shirt for $80 (and then you lose the rest of the voucher credit).

Comment

Went to JCP last nite and picked these (2) items:

- Navy varsity(ish) jacket: http://www.jcpenney.com/men/jcp/jcp%...140dx/cat.jump

- Off white GAT's: http://www.jcpenney.com/shoes/cleara...pZ1g7/cat.jump

They were both selling at $29 in store. So my plan is to head back there this evening, return them, and repurchase them in separate transactions and apply the coupon that got posted above by Pull to both items and save $20! A well cut, light-weight jacket and good looking, high quality/price ratio shoes for about $40!

BTW - This article from PTO yesterday pointed me in the direction of the shoes: http://putthison.com/tagged/JC-Penny

Comment

All three of those shoes are terrible, even for the low price.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
                              I had that issue too.. Also I do not remember seeing *Third-party promotions may not be used on sale items on the Ledbury sale page yesterday.

Contacted Gilt and they promptly processed my refund.
                              Thanks. Same, but they refused to refund, only would give me gilt credit. Oh well.

Comment

How is the sizing of the JCP GAT? does it fits true to size or do you have to size down like chuck taylor? thx
                                Originally posted by Dan.Lish View Post
                                Went to JCP last nite and picked these (2) items:

- Navy varsity(ish) jacket: http://www.jcpenney.com/men/jcp/jcp%...140dx/cat.jump

- Off white GAT's: http://www.jcpenney.com/shoes/cleara...pZ1g7/cat.jump

They were both selling at $29 in store. So my plan is to head back there this evening, return them, and repurchase them in separate transactions and apply the coupon that got posted above by Pull to both items and save $20! A well cut, light-weight jacket and good looking, high quality/price ratio shoes for about $40!

BTW - This article from PTO yesterday pointed me in the direction of the shoes: http://putthison.com/tagged/JC-Penny

Comment

Working...
                                X