Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty slick combo money clip/card holder from Jack Spade in "tobacco" or black. Marked down from $75 to $45, plus another 25% off with "25bags." Comes to $33.75, free shipping.

http://www.jackspade.com/mill-leathe...d=sale-wallets

Comment

Any idea on how the sizing is for the Barneys shoes? esp. Loafers? I'm looking at the dark brown with brick red sole for the summer but not sure if I should order my usual dress shoe size or half or full size down to wear sockless in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
        Any idea on how the sizing is for the Barneys shoes? esp. Loafers? I'm looking at the dark brown with brick red sole for the summer but not sure if I should order my usual dress shoe size or half or full size down to wear sockless in the summer
        Not sure about loafers, but their laced dress shoes are made for them by Harris (http://www.calzoleriaharris.it/c/19/shoes). I don't own any, but I tried a pair once and I thought it was maybe .25-.5 a size large. If the loafers are also made by them, I'd definitely size down.

Comment

Unforunately, they're out of half sizes so either I get them in my regular size or size down by 1. Sucks that it's a final sale.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            What an awesome Bonobos deal! I never buy from them because I think they're overpriced and overhyped, but this was a good sale. I only made one purchase, the navy Shamus Mac. I recently bought a wool/cotton coat from SuitSupply, but at $210+tax I'm still feeling like it's a bit much - especially since it's not waterproof and rain is typically the most inclement of weather we get here. The Shamus at just over $100 is a great bargain and I'm really comfortable with that price point, and it's waterproof!! This review from Sabir at Men's Style Pro tipped it for me: http://mensstylepro.com/2012/01/return-of-the-mack/ The SS is going back today!

I got both a small and a medium, I'll return whichever one doesn't fit.
            I was wondering which size you ended up keeping? I'm thinking of getting it and am trying to figure out if it runs small or large.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I was wondering which size you ended up keeping? I'm thinking of getting it and am trying to figure out if it runs small or large.
              Hey Vicious: I ended up keeping the M Shamus Mac. It runs a bit large, so it fits a sportcoat under it nicely. I was also able to fit a coat under the small but the fit ended up being too tight all-around (it was very "photoshoot" slim) and it would be a bit restrictive while walking. I did find the M to be large even w/ a blazer on so I ended up getting it tailored (just taken in at the waist/back). Worth the extra $20 IMO. Also head's up - it's unlined and pretty lightweight. Great for 3-4 seasons in Houston but def Spring/Summer in VA!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Also head's up - it's unlined and pretty lightweight. Great for 3-4 seasons in Houston but def Spring/Summer in VA!
                That's great, although I might be joining you in Houston in the next year or so.

Comment

J Press is having 60% off on some of their York St stuff including a few Shaggy Dog sweaters for $98. I did call J Press today to ask them what is the difference between the standard Shaggy Dog and the York St version. They said it's the exact same thing except the York St sweater is a slimmer cut.

Comment

I bought the small and medium too - I ended up sending both of mine back though. The Medium was definitely a bit big, the sleeves were a bit too long for me, and it didn't have any shape, although it fit easily over a suit jacket. The Small was quite trim, and fit perfectly in the sleeves, and still fit over a jacket - while it was a bit more snug, it wasn't uncomfortable or too constricting (on me anyway). Ultimately, its a very nice jacket, especially at that price. But it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. The Suitsupply navy cotton overcoat I'd bought was perfect in every way, except was just too long. I experimented with the length by pinning it up a few inches, but it threw off the balance of the jacket. The search continues...

Comment

I had a Suitsupply navy wool/cotton overcoat that I returned for the Bonobos. At $220 the SS was too $$ for me but it was actually fantastic and if I had the extra money I would have kept it. Much dressier and won't pick up scuffs or wear the way I think this Bonobos will. It wasn't waterproof/resistant though, and that was also a big plus for the Bonobos. You're right that the M had no shape OTR! One of the reasons I went M over S though I think I could have gotten away with the latter is that if I'm wearing my white coat then I've got bulging/overflowing pockets and that wasn't working with the S. For most people who typically wear an M, I'd recommend they order both the M and S to see which they prefer.

Comment

Ralph Lauren extra 25% off sale items. CODE: RETAILMENOT25

cashmere cable knits for $158
                        custom fits polos for $33

hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Comment

Not sure where the Mr.Porter thread is from a few weeks ago but looks like they just dropped their 50% sale. Tons of stuff on sale although sizes are limited already.

Comment

I've spent too much $ already this month. Did a sock reload and got a half dozen pairs of Corgi and one Drakes pocket square. That's probably all I'll get from them this go-around.

Comment

Same here. I only ordered 2 henleys.

Comment

This isn't so much a "Deal Around the Net" so much as a deal in store, but thought I'd provide a PSA. Both of my local J.Crew B&M stores are carrying this jacket for $200 with an additional 30% off - so $140:

Also saw this flannel jacket (the material felt very nice) on sale for $259 (I think) with an additional 30% off = $181:

Plenty of common sizes in both of those jackets (again, at my local stores). Also plenty of sweaters, especially the "Rustic Merino" ones with elbow patches, in the sale section. Not many pants, but saw some 484 and 770 cords in there - but none in my size.

I expect the sale to discount to be 40% or 50% off sale section items in store starting tomorrow (they did last year anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X