Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To save people a trip, only the forest green Kennedy chino is $13 and it's only available in 28x32. No fit info is provided in the description either.
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      i had the kenilworth with the bowing issue. it is beyond a sizing issue. while some people's problems may have been a sizing issue, mine was not- there is no size in which the kenilworth would not bow for me. this was confirmed with 3 AE sales reps in nyc. their recommendation was simply to not buy it.

that's not to say it won't work out for you, but there is definitely an issue with that shoe that is unavoidable for many other people.
      if you're flat footed, you will encounter the bowing issue, the AE rep recommend getting the 3/4 superfeet insoles to minimize the bowing issue.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
        To save people a trip, only the forest green Kennedy chino is $13 and it's only available in 28x32. No fit info is provided in the description either.
        Kennedy is their "classic" straight fit.

I just bought that olive quilted jacket and a pair of Grant wool pants.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
          if you're flat footed, you will encounter the bowing issue, the AE rep recommend getting the 3/4 superfeet insoles to minimize the bowing issue.
          Yep - same XP here. I'm VERY flat-footed and have had major issues trying to get a good fit with the Kenilworth. It definitely is related to the fewer (3) eyelets on the open/blucher lace design. A very similar AE shoe, the Rawlins - which I saw at Nordy Rack almost a year ago - and which AE had as a webgem a little while back with some odd color accents (laces & sole-edge, IIRC) had 4 eyelets, and that helped a little bit with the bowing.

Problem with the SuperFeet is that you have to adjust your size/fit to accommodate them - they're pretty thick - i.e., raise your foot quite a bit), so if you are trying to retrofit an existing Kenilworth, you might run itno issues with them becoming too tight. If you are buying a new pair, definitely try them on with the SuperFeet insert in. A (regular) Nordstrom SA let me do that once. It helped with a buy/pass decision.

Comment

J Press is having a sale with some decent discounts but a lot of the stuff is still pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              J Press is having a sale with some decent discounts but a lot of the stuff is still pretty expensive.
              Peacoat for $237 looks pretty nice deal though: http://www.jpressonline.com/peacoat/
              Shaggy Dog sweaters 25% off: http://www.jpressonline.com/sweaters-6/

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at the Shaggy Dog sweaters since I keep seeing PTO talk about them. Never seen 1 in person so not sure what's so great about them but they're still over $170 even on sale.

There were a few smaller items I was considering but the $15 shipping made me decide to pass.

EDIT: Also, in their FAQ/Customer Service area it said that anything over 25% off is not refundable so that made it pretty easy to pass as well.

Comment

JCF 50% off + an extra 10% off with code 12DAYS. the washed tee shirts in heather chrome are back in stock, size small.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                    JCF 50% off + an extra 10% off with code 12DAYS. the washed tee shirts in heather chrome are back in stock, size small.
                    Wanted to order the JCF Thompson suit in navy but they only have two pant sizes in stock. What?! http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...7227/47227.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                      Wanted to order the JCF Thompson suit in navy but they only have two pant sizes in stock. What?! http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...7227/47227.jsp
                      Get a pair - I think you have 30 days to return/exchange. Its possible that during that period your size will come available. Also ALWAYS try calling customer service - especially J.Crew, they are very helpful. They may have them available in your size in a store somewhere.

Comment

Massimo Dutti sale started today, lots of attractive pieces. All fit slim and short.: http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/w...massimoduttins

Comment

http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Detai...rigin=&filter=

I guess this constitutes as a deal. Found this in the Nordstrom gifts under 100.

Don't know which is more ridiculous these costing over 75 bucks or the fact that only 1 size is left in stock.
                          Last edited by zcm; December 14, 2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at the Shaggy Dog sweaters since I keep seeing PTO talk about them. Never seen 1 in person so not sure what's so great about them but they're still over $170 even on sale.

There were a few smaller items I was considering but the $15 shipping made me decide to pass.

EDIT: Also, in their FAQ/Customer Service area it said that anything over 25% off is not refundable so that made it pretty easy to pass as well.
                            Gilt has them for $119 in two colors right now. No clue how much you will really save after tax and shipping however...

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                              Gilt has them for $119 in two colors right now. No clue how much you will really save after tax and shipping however...
                              Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the charcoal and the burgundy colored one. I've only purchased 1 sweater this winter so figure I'm due, right?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the charcoal and the burgundy colored one. I've only purchased 1 sweater this winter so figure I'm due, right?
                                No problem, hope you enjoy them. Haha yes, whatever rational reason we can muster up should suffice. Let us know your impressions when you get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X