This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    News to me. I know they frequently carry 1000 Mile 2nds. I seem to recall some folks on here having issues with receiving really jacked up 1000 Mile 2nds from STP... Anyone have any experience? Otherwise I'm all over a pair of those. Some of the styles look like they're from the BB x RW collection.
    I haven't purchased those from them, but I've bought plenty of other stuff from STP, with generally good results. If you are interested, here's a code AUKNOV3

Comment

The Clymb gets Red Wing Heritage stuff at a huge discount too, but it looks like most of them have sold out: http://www.theclymb.com/search?q=red+wing

Comment

RW boots for 120 all in. Ill take it! Unreal deal.

My wallet is in a lot of pain this month 2 Suitsupply suits from the outlet, Jcrew Dock peacoat, Boden quilted jacket, Red Wings, holiday shopping.... oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          News to me. I know they frequently carry 1000 Mile 2nds. I seem to recall some folks on here having issues with receiving really jacked up 1000 Mile 2nds from STP... Anyone have any experience? Otherwise I'm all over a pair of those. Some of the styles look like they're from the BB x RW collection.
          i got the 1000 mile in 2nds from them, only minor scratches on the leather, but everything else looks good. if you sign up for their deal flyer, they will sign you a 30% off coupon, the code is limit to 3 usage. IR for $125 is un real.

here is the album on the 1k rockford 2nd:

http://imgur.com/a/778Sc

use stp apps for free shipping.

like them on facebook, and there is a link that take you to their homepage with a 40% off coupon, shipping is $13.00
          Last edited by jackbauer24; December 4, 2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Hilditch & Key sale must be getting ready to go live, as I just got the catalog in the mail. Shirts that were £125 will be £66 each for 1 or 2, £63 for 3-5, and £60 for 6 or more. Ties that were £55 will be £29 each for 1 or 2, £27 for 3 or more. Prices not up on the website yet so it must be a day or two away. Their striped shirts are a bargain during this sale IMO, as they pattern match the sleeves.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhitt is having one of their better sales. Lots of shirts for $30.

Link.

Comment

Any idea when their sweaters will go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                  Charles Tyrwhitt is having one of their better sales. Lots of shirts for $30.

Link.
                  Good thing I didn't go for their cyber monday deal! Just ordered 5 shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                    Good thing I didn't go for their cyber monday deal! Just ordered 5 shirts.
                    how is the quality of their shirts compares to BB? How slim is their extra slim shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      how is the quality of their shirts compares to BB? How slim is their extra slim shirts?
                      Here's their fit guide.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/Formal-shi...=sizing-guides

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                        BB shirts are higher quality but at a higher price. At $30 CT shirts are worth it.

Comment

Please look carefully at the measurements before buying if this is your first experience with Brooks Brothers: Brooks Brothers idea of Slim Fit is really not that slim at all. Even their Extra Slim Fit won't work very well on very slim guys.

Here are my measurements: http://sizegui.de/u/diversification
                          Per their fit guide ( http://imgur.com/3OQ22BC ), if I bought a BB shirt in ESF with a 16" collar, it says that it should fit a chest that measures 40" - seems perfect b/c my chest measures 40". Here's the problem: it then gives the waist measurement of the shirt as 43". Assuming there's around 5" of taper from the chest to the waist, that means that the chest measures 48", which does NOT fit a 40" chest well at all. Any slim guy knows that with 8" excess, they're going to be swimming. Oh, and lets not forget that the 43" waist gives my waist 9.5" extra inches.
                          REALLY? EXTRA SLIM?
                          Now just imagine a slim fit...
                          Last edited by diversification; December 6, 2013, 10:58 AM.
                          My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Not to mention BB ESF shirts are a pretty crappy fit if you are broad shouldered. Their shoulders are so small compared to most other brands.

Comment

I'll pile on the BB complaints. Recently bought two dress shirts from them and the slim fits indeed don't wear very slim at all, and the sleeves had extra material around the upper arm like a Gap shirt from the 90s. First go with BB and I'm not sure it's worth another try with other, cheaper options around--but maybe I just picked a couple of bad ones.

Comment

To counter all of the hate going on, BB slim fit shirts are the best OTR fit I've found for me. The only tailoring that I should get--I have done in the past, but recently haven't bc of the following sentence--is to get the waist trimmed up a bit to avoid them bulging out a little since I'm pretty tall (the slim fit tapers back out near the hips... of their fit model who must be at least 3" shorter than me). That being said, I'm no longer buying OTR dress shirts, as I'd prefer to just bump up a few more $$ (not many, when you take into account tailoring costs) and buy Ratio MTM.

It sounds like people just need to try shit on before they buy, or seriously consider their measurements vs. the brand. OTR is a long, drawn out battle for most people, unless you're one of the lucky few that matches up with a decent quality brand's fit model.

For Diversification, I think the issue may be that the BB "Fits Body Chest" may be a jacket size measurement, not the actually chest measurement in inches (which is typically smaller)...?

Comment

Working...
                                X