Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an FYI, the Chipp grenadines are the Garza Fina material (the alternative being Garza Grossa). That's neither meant to add nor detract, it's just something you should be aware of, because there is definitely a difference between the two.
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Hober has a really good guide showing close-ups of the 4 types of grenadine weaves:
      http://www.samhober.com/grenadine.htm
      As diversification pointed out, fina and grossa are by far the 2 most common.

Comment

I love the idea of grenadine ties, but am still to be baptized --- are there any B&M places that would have fina and grossa that I would take a look at in person? I'm in NYC so I should be able to make most places easily. I'd go to Sid Mashburn if I were in ATL, as I love his ties and he has some great colors available (in grossa and fina):

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/neckwear/grenadine.html

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          I love the idea of grenadine ties, but am still to be baptized --- are there any B&M places that would have fina and grossa that I would take a look at in person? I'm in NYC so I should be able to make most places easily. I'd go to Sid Mashburn if I were in ATL, as I love his ties and he has some great colors available (in grossa and fina):

You're in NYC, the fashion capital of the world. Every major menswear label is available to you!

Try Brioni or Lanvin first. I know both make high quality grenadine ties.

Comment

I love the idea of grenadine ties, but am still to be baptized --- are there any B&M places that would have fina and grossa that I would take a look at in person? I'm in NYC
            Paul Stuart has 'em: http://www.paulstuart.com/product_in...SUBPRODCATID=0
            You can also just call up Paul Winston and ask him to bring some of the Chipp grenadines to his tailoring shop in midtown. (I stopped by once and he doesn't usually keep them in the store.) It's easy to order samples from Sam Hober too if you want to feel them at home without any sales pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
              Just an FYI, the Chipp grenadines are the Garza Fina material (the alternative being Garza Grossa). That's neither meant to add nor detract, it's just something you should be aware of, because there is definitely a difference between the two.
              This has always been what stops me from ordering a Chipp grenadine. I'm looking to replace a few knit ties with grenadine (garza grossa), but just haven't bothered to save up. Sam Hober will likely be who I order from when the time comes. I've seen his garza grossa ties in person and really liked them.

Comment

The suit supply outlet is closed. My wallet breathes a sigh of relief.

Comment

Glad I placed an order for the Faro jacket Joe featured today over the weekend.

Comment

3.9K euros? ez monies.

(for Warren Buffet)

Comment

You can also order swatches from Sam Hober. It costs but the cost is nominal.

Comment

J Crew sample sale in NYC... Was just there this afternoon... a TON of button-downs for $25, including a LOT of Thomas Mason JCrew shirts - almost ALL in medium - very little small, a bit of large.

Comment

Originally posted by JonB View Post
                          J Crew sample sale in NYC... Was just there this afternoon... a TON of button-downs for $25, including a LOT of Thomas Mason JCrew shirts - almost ALL in medium - very little small, a bit of large.
                          Dammit this is running a week early for me - I'll be in the city next weekend! Probably for the best though. My wife saw two tombstone shaped cartons from Suitsupply arrive today and promptly put an order in for a real tombstone with my name on it. My explanation that I will surely get years of use out of a $270 suit - thus making it a bargain - fell on deaf ears...heh heh. Hmph.

Comment

Originally posted by JonB View Post
                            Damn you lucky sons of guns in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                              Damn you lucky sons of guns in NYC.
                              Not really... I'm a small

Did find a 38R ludlow velvet shawl collar dinner jacket. $120

Comment

i got a couple of shawl cardigans for 35. most of the other items are cheaper at actual jcrew stores.

Comment

Working...
                                X