Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg is being sort of cryptic, but it sounds like No Man Walks Alone is going to have some sort of ridiculous sale tomorrow for Founder's Circle members. Y'all did sign up to be in the Founder's Circle when I posted it here, right?

Not sure exactly what's up but here's a link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/358758/n...0#post_6755734

Comment

40% off at BR..some suits included

sadly not the Flannel monogram or the plaid charcoal. Good for my wallet though

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        Greg is being sort of cryptic, but it sounds like No Man Walks Alone is going to have some sort of ridiculous sale tomorrow for Founder's Circle members. Y'all did sign up to be in the Founder's Circle when I posted it here, right?

Not sure exactly what's up but here's a link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/358758/n...0#post_6755734
        Thanks for the heads up! Put a bunch of stuff in my wish list in case the deals are too good to pass up!

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
          Thanks for the heads up! Put a bunch of stuff in my wish list in case the deals are too good to pass up!
          Yup! Me too. I'm ready to go if the deal is as great as he's hyping it up to be. I think it's a preemptive strike; he wants my money before Mr Porter can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            Yup! Me too. I'm ready to go if the deal is as great as he's hyping it up to be. I think it's a preemptive strike; he wants my money before Mr Porter can get it.
            Haha, I hear you... I've had my Mr. Porter wish list loaded up for a while now in anticipation of that sale too... Thanks to you for that too. Picked up some tweed JCrew Bowery pants during the last sale for a steal that I've been loving to wear this fall.

I really enjoy the articles that NMWA puts out too... Really neat way to market the products they sell.

Comment

What kind of stuff does Mr. Porter usually put up for sale? I could jump on some Drake's or Burberry if something good comes up. Maybe even Turnbull & Asser.

Brooks Brothers and JCrew seem to be priced even higher than on their own websites.

Comment

Just got the NMWA email. The discount is "up to 35% off".

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                  What kind of stuff does Mr. Porter usually put up for sale? I could jump on some Drake's or Burberry if something good comes up. Maybe even Turnbull & Asser.

Brooks Brothers and JCrew seem to be priced even higher than on their own websites.
                  I've only gone through one sale before, but Mr. Porter had a ton of stuff from all sorts of brands up for sale. If I remember correctly, a lot of it was off season items (winter stuff for sale in summer).

You are right on the regular pricing on JCrew stuff, but keep in mind the sale prices are like 50+ percent off. So the sale prices on JCrew stuff end up being much better than you can buy directly from JCrew typically.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartorialist View Post
                    Just got the NMWA email. The discount is "up to 35% off".
                    Hmm ... haven't gotten it yet. Do the reduced prices show up on the website for you when you are logged in?

Comment

Not yet. It sounds like the sale will only run for a brief time tomorrow. Here is the full text of the email:

Thank you again for being part of our Founders Circle, a special club where you and your fellow Founders can enjoy exclusive benefits.

Today : access to our first Founders Circle Private Sale - up to 35% off

Starting on Wednesday 11/27 and for a very limited time, you will be able to shop No Man Walks Alone at reduced prices before everyone else.

Before you start shopping, please note that :
                      • The Private Sale is only accessible to Founders Circle members
                      • You will need to be logged into your account to see marked down prices
                      • There is no sale area - all marked down products are in their respective categories
                      • Expect some delays in shipping out orders because of the holiday break
                      • Marked down products are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned for refund

Happy shopping and a wonderful Thanksgiving to our US members !

Comment

Ah! Just came through. 35% is obviously great, but not crazy Mr Porter 70% great.

Comment

There's a pretty substantial 40% off sale on select items on Bonobos. I spent too much, but got a pair of cords, a shirt, a sweater, and a blazer for $217, which is stellar at Bonobos prices. Incidentally, the blazer I got is the one Joe featured on the main site on Monday, calling it the potential "steal of the season." I'm both looking forward to and dreading Monday, when I find out how much of this stuff I'll actually keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                            There's a pretty substantial 40% off sale on select items on Bonobos. I spent too much, but got a pair of cords, a shirt, a sweater, and a blazer for $217, which is stellar at Bonobos prices. Incidentally, the blazer I got is the one Joe featured on the main site on Monday, calling it the potential "steal of the season." I'm both looking forward to and dreading Monday, when I find out how much of this stuff I'll actually keep.
                            I just spent a grand on their site. Half will be returned though. Basically I ordered 3 items, each in 2 sizes, because this is my first experience with bonobos and I want to get the sizing right. Seriously awesome though.

I got the blazer (I wish the Grey tweed one was offered at the same price, but english wool for $120? I'm definitely in for one), the madison coat, and the regency coat. I didn't think. Just pulled the trigger. The last time I hesitated on a deal, everything was sold out within an hour.

Comment

What an awesome Bonobos deal! I never buy from them because I think they're overpriced and overhyped, but this was a good sale. I only made one purchase, the navy Shamus Mac. I recently bought a wool/cotton coat from SuitSupply, but at $210+tax I'm still feeling like it's a bit much - especially since it's not waterproof and rain is typically the most inclement of weather we get here. The Shamus at just over $100 is a great bargain and I'm really comfortable with that price point, and it's waterproof!! This review from Sabir at Men's Style Pro tipped it for me: http://mensstylepro.com/2012/01/return-of-the-mack/ The SS is going back today!

I got both a small and a medium, I'll return whichever one doesn't fit.

I was tempted by the navy tweed blazer but I recently picked one up that's almost identical to the light brown one on Ebay for $20 so I'm good/I can live without the navy one, especially since it looks cut short and there's not a 38L available.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

GAP is currently running a 40% off select styles and you can get another 20% off by entering GAPLOVE at checkout. That brings the cost of their OCBD to $23!!

Comment

Working...
                                X