Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I just got it to work. Careful with these ones guys, there are a lot of weird and loud fabrics, really high button stances, patch pockets, etc. In 40R and 40L there's nothing worth buying, even at those prices (IMO).
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

yep, a lot seems to be pretty out there, but the Roma solid brown and Napoli dark grey in wool/linen are very intruiging for me. Especially the Napoli. I live in FL and can rock a blend a lot longer than most, but I worry about a casual material in such a conservative color. If it was all wool, I'd already have checked out...

Comment

I really wish those Roma button stances weren't up to the chin lol
        My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

40R has some good sport coat choices for $149. More summer weight fabrics but seem stylish enough to work for next year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
            Yep, I just got it to work. Careful with these ones guys, there are a lot of weird and loud fabrics, really high button stances, patch pockets, etc. In 40R and 40L there's nothing worth buying, even at those prices (IMO).
            I pulled the trigger on the Roma Brown Check. I'll return if the combination of fabric, patch pockets, and high button stance is too much. Figure I can wear it to several of the seemingly endless weekends of weddings next fall.

I don't own any of their shoes, but I tried a few on at their SoHo store a few months ago. I didn't think they were anything special. $149 for the blue derbies is tempting though.

Some of the discounted coats are also intriguing.

Comment

Really wish the stance on the Roma were lower, I would have gotten the brown check suit, looks like it's easy to split up. Picked up a blue cotton coat (looks like it's actually got some wool in it) over the plaid brown peacoat because I don't see myself moving to a cold place for the next few years. Also grabbed an Italia linen blazer (I'm in Texas. I'm a sucker for linen) and a Lazio windowpane suit. The waist on the suit looks a little trim so I'll have to see in person. Could possibly be returning all 3 things, but w/ free returns I don't mind.

Comment

Grabbed a few items - I'm in the market for a navy trench/overcoat - so figured I'd grab two different styles to see if either would work. Also grabbed a sportcoat - don't really need that, but it could be an upgrade for an existing summer jacket. I suspect I'll be returning most, if not all, of my order.
                Last edited by Jamie; November 9, 2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Most of the sportcoats and suits look a little too trendy to make for a good first (or second, in the case of a suit) purchase, but a lot of their shoes look quite nice... Though I really have absolutely no need for more shoes at this point, lol. Tempted by some of their outerwear though, particularly this jacket: http://statics.suitsupply.com/images...ne_Store_1.jpg

Comment

I love the fit of my suit supply but damnit I have no idea which style it is. Totally forgot. Anyone know how to figure out? I tried a ton on in store and I t was def the best fit.
                    My cocktail videos >

Comment

How are you guys seeing any of this. The link just takes me to their regular website.
                      edit* it was cause I am Canadian Pretending to be American and looking through it now lol
                      Last edited by Focuspants; November 10, 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Want to point out this little blurb I read while casually browsing: "Leave your jacket at home; less is more with this ochre cable crewneck. Pair up this linen-silk sweater with brown kiltie monk straps and a navy pea coat for a look that's as charming as it is comfortable. " [emphasis added]

WTF. That's a LOT of shoe.

And since SS does an excellent job of showing their absurd suggestions on their models, I decided to zoom in on his feet.

Behold, the fear: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/knitw...art=5&prefv1=M

I cancelled my suit and jacket order. They seemed a little absurd (Lazio w/ pants that don't fit, a blazer to add to my stable of blazers I never get to wear). Grabbed the charcoal wool/linen Napoli instead. May actually work for me and see use. We'll see. Head's up: seems like they're constantly adding sizes. There were no 38Rs in the Napoli last night. They had 2 this morning. May also be adding styles, not sure on that.

Comment

Ordered a blue cotton "Italia" jacket. I'm a bit concerned the shoulders will be too sharp or padded... The written description calls it a "structured" and "lightly-padded" shoulder... the video calls it a "strong" shoulder. We'll see.
                          Ben

Comment

So, do all their jackets have functional button cuffs?

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                              So, do all their jackets have functional button cuffs?
                              I believe so, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Ordered a blue cotton "Italia" jacket. I'm a bit concerned the shoulders will be too sharp or padded... The written description calls it a "structured" and "lightly-padded" shoulder... the video calls it a "strong" shoulder. We'll see.
                                For what it's worth, I don't know that I've really seen jackets with strong shoulders when I've gone into the stores, but I'm also unfamiliar with some of the less-popular styles.

Comment

Working...
                                X