Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30% off everything on lands end with code FRIENDLY and pin 3055. Just bought these (http://www.landsend.com/products/men...7?CM_MERCH=OTC) for ~$35, added in a LEC poplin button down and another item to get over 50 for free shipping. These are 100% wool, from the LEC line so they should actually be slim, and at this price look like a steal. They are on the on the counter promotion, and they tend to sell out quick, so get on it if you like em!

For the record, 2 sizes went OOS since I started typing this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
      30% off everything on lands end with code FRIENDLY and pin 3055. Just bought these (http://www.landsend.com/products/men...7?CM_MERCH=OTC) for ~$35, added in a LEC poplin button down and another item to get over 50 for free shipping.
      I'm pretty sure those are too slim for me, but I did order a pair of the Fulton Penny in Tan today: http://www.landsend.com/products/men...hoes/id_259038

Reviews say they run large, which I hope they do, because I'm usually a 9.5-10, but had to order a size 9. If not, returns are easy enough. I tried the RL Singleton in Tan (2nds from the shoe bank), and really didn't like the toe shape on me, so returned them. I doubt these shoes are anywhere near as nice as the RLs, but they look more like what I'm after. They appear in lots of the product pics for the pants on the LE site, and I always like how they look. For $70 I figured they're worth a shot...

Comment

I grabbed a pair of the herringbone pants in navy, hope they're not too aggressively tapered. I've never really figured out how to wear patterned pants without feeling awkward, but I like the color.

Comment

I wanted the navy but they ran out of my size before i could get em. Got the grey instead.

Comment

I'm sure everyone's seen the Gap/BR/ON discounts by now. 35%/40%/30% off, respectively, ending tonight.

I just picked up 9 of Old Navy's premium tees for, wait for it...$37. Normally that'd be about $116 ($13 each), but they're marked down to $5.99 and the extra 30% off makes them about $4 per if you order 9+ to get past the free shipping threshold.

I have a few of these from a few years ago, and they're actually pretty nice for the daily grind. The cotton/poly/rayon blend holds its shape well over time. Only two colors (both grey, but what else do you need?) and all sizes left.
            Last edited by @andrew; November 5, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks to PTO for the heads up on this Carmina shoe sole at theshoemart. I would've jump on this ASAP if they had some dark brown shoes in my size damnit....

http://www.theshoemart.com/carmina-s...b-cam-mxs.html

Comment

Originally posted by @andrew View Post
                I'm sure everyone's seen the Gap/BR/ON discounts by now. 35%/40%/30% off, respectively, ending tonight.

I just picked up 9 of Old Navy's premium tees for, wait for it...$37. Normally that'd be about $116 ($13 each), but they're marked down to $5.99 and the extra 30% off makes them about $4 per if you order 9+ to get past the free shipping threshold.

I have a few of these from a few years ago, and they're actually pretty nice for the daily grind. The cotton/poly/rayon blend holds its shape well over time. Only two colors (both grey, but what else do you need?) and all sizes left.
                Awesome. Done with v-necks/undershirts for the next few years. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by iamlightblue View Post
                  Awesome. Done with v-necks/undershirts for the next few years. Thanks!
                  Ditto. This is great.
                  6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by emynd View Post
                    Thanks to PTO for the heads up on this Carmina shoe sole at theshoemart. I would've jump on this ASAP if they had some dark brown shoes in my size damnit....

http://www.theshoemart.com/carmina-s...b-cam-mxs.html
                    how are the sizing of carmina shoes? it said 7.5, but us is 8.5. are their sizes according to UK?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      how are the sizing of carmina shoes? it said 7.5, but us is 8.5. are their sizes according to UK?
                      I don't own a pair but according to PTO: "Note, for each listing, there’s a UK and US size. The UK is the first number, and the US is the second number. They’re equivalents, just different numbers for different regions. "

Somebody please talk me out of buying the black/brown boots. They're impractical, right?

-e

Comment

I think someone already mentioned that J.Crew has an extra 40% off their sale section in store (vs. 30% online). I noticed that some of the prices in the brick and mortar store were considerably cheaper as well. In particular the LUDLOW SUIT JACKET IN ITALIAN CHINO in Wheat was marked $109 - with the extra 40% off that is $65. The store I went to had a decent amount of sizes available (but doubt that's the case everywhere) in the jacket, fewer in the pants (didn't check the price on those though). This is considerably cheaper than the $199 with 50% off - so $100 available online. So you can basically get the Ludlow chino suit for about $100. Not bad if you have a summer wedding next year.

There were also a number of washed and tartan shirts available and some slim Bowery pants in their summer colors and fabrics. It was mostly out of season styles, and not much new stuff in the sale section. I did see some of the New Balance 1400 in green suede for $99 (so $60 after discount) in a few sizes that looked pretty cool.

Comment

To reiterate, the Ludlow Suit JACKET ONLY in Italian Chino can be had for $100 online. I read too quickly and got excited - maybe this will save someone else a trip. Lol
                          My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

$140 total for the full suit online if they have your size, thanks to 50% off for that suit in particular (as opposed to 30% for most sale items)... I just ordered this morning, wheat color.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion - yes the jacket can be had online for $100, the point of my post was to check in store where it may be cheaper - in my local store it was $65 for the jacket. The pants were on the sale rack too, but I didn't check the price - but even if you bought the pants online (where they are on sale for $40), you could have the WHOLE SUIT for $105 - that's $65 for the in-store jacket, and $40 for the online pants. The pants in store may also have been cheaper than online, but I don't know for sure. I suspect they would be since I bought them from the store weeks ago for $50, and I'm sure they're further reduced by now. So based on the above, if $35 makes a difference to you, then maybe check your local store before ordering the whole suit online (for $145)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                                Sorry for the confusion - yes the jacket can be had online for $100, the point of my post was to check in store where it may be cheaper - in my local store it was $65 for the jacket. The pants were on the sale rack too, but I didn't check the price - but even if you bought the pants online (where they are on sale for $40), you could have the WHOLE SUIT for $105 - that's $65 for the in-store jacket, and $40 for the online pants. The pants in store may also have been cheaper than online, but I don't know for sure. I suspect they would be since I bought them from the store weeks ago for $50, and I'm sure they're further reduced by now. So based on the above, if $35 makes a difference to you, then maybe check your local store before ordering the whole suit online (for $145)

Or order it online, then go check out the store; if you find it in store, return the jacket you ordered online instore. That way you will ensure that you won't miss out on the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X