This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    JCrew is having an extra 30% off sale items with code Hello30. I was really tempted by this Ludlow jacket at $140 which is a steal but they don't have the matching pants for it.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...~~~~/35591.jsp
    is the jcrew final sale mean you can't return it? and all final sales are final?

Comment

The code applies to all sale items. Some sale items are labeled as final sale. Those are the items that are 'final sale' and theoretically unable to be returned. In my experience, if you are truly unhappy with a final sale item, Jcrew will make an exception.

Comment

Been waiting on the Jos A shoe trees too. Just snagged three in store. They do have a sort of greasy, sticky coating on the metal part so they might need a clean before using them.
        Last edited by BoneStock; September 1, 2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneStock View Post
          Been waiting on the Jos A shoe trees too. Just snagged three in store. They do have a sort of greasy, sticky coating on the metal part so they might need a clean before using them.
          Grabbed 2 myself - 3rd item was a pair of totes galoshes. Dorky, silly, possibly ineffective in a downpour - I'll feel better having them.

They also had cedar suit hangers ($24, 3 for 1 applies), which they don't have on the website (they have cedar hangers, non-cedar wood suit hangers, but only in-store do they have cedar suit hangers).

Comment

JCPenney is having a sale on dress shirts and you can use the code RMN20 for an additional 20% off. I ordered 6 of their Stafford fitted shirts for ~$80. At that price I can afford to bring them to the tailor and have darts put in. I usually pay $25-30 from anywhere else (JCF/BR/Express) and they don't fit any better. Plus they're all easy care/wrinkle free/non-iron so I won't have to waste time ironing all my shirts for work.
            5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Red, you and I have somewhat similar measurements. How do the Staffords fit you? Do you fitted fit better than the slims?

I'm in Canada so no real opportunity to try them on. Could use a couple more cheap shirts if the fit is decent.

Also, are any of their shirts significantly better than others (ie. Signature non-iron cotton vs regular)?

Thx
              Last edited by mooseontheloose; September 2, 2013, 02:03 AM.

Comment

They fit pretty well. As always I'm on the upper end of small, well technically my chest measurement is in the medium range but I think most of us Dappered readers prefer our clothing a little closer fitting. The waist could definitely be taken in though but it's really about the same on most brands.

I only own the Stafford broadcloth gingham shirts from a while back and I will say the material does feel a little thin. I don't really know about the others. I'm mostly buying all these shirts because I need them for my new job as a banker. I don't like having to do my laundry every week so I'll now have enough shirts to last me two weeks. Now to find some more ties and pants...
                5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

RE:Stafford shirt fit.

YMMV, but in my opinion, the Stafford fitted shirts are among the best off-the-rack shirts I've ever purchased regardless of price (if we consider price [constantly on sale], they're probably the best value bar none)....

...with a few caveats:

-I can't wear a tie with this shirt. The neck is too tight to button. To be fair, this is completely my fault. I wear a 16" neck but always order the 15.5". I find in most shirts, ordering one size down in the neck gives an overall snugger, more tailored-looking fit. I've actually never ordered my "correct" size so I don't know if that's an issue with this shirt. I'm a classic, standard medium and the 15.5/35 is a nice trim fit.

-If you are a bricklayer or carpenter with thick, muscular forearms, this shirt isn't for you. The forearms are pretty close. I have normal-to-skinny sized arms and they're a little snug (enough that rolling up the sleeves can be difficult). Conversely, if you have skinny arms, you'll appreciate the closer fit. I actually prefer the snugness as opposed to the flying squirrel look.

Redford, the other shirts feel noticeably thicker than the gingham shirts were.

I just ordered 4 shirts for $51. You WILL NOT find a better shirt at $12.75 a piece. Period.

ETA: The new 20% off code is 30BUY

Comment

Just snagged that Claiborne slim fit cotton suit jacket in khaki for $15 in store. Also lucked up on some JCP seersucker shorts ($6), a JCP jersey polo ($7) and a pair of Happy Socks ($6). For an OTR jacket, the Claiborne is a real steal.

Comment

Thx for replies re: Stafford shirts. Think I'll pick up a few, can't hurt at that price.

Comment

Time to pick up some C&Js, EGs or G&Gs?

VIP Club End of Summer Offer - 20% Off Selected Brands!

For a limited time only - until midnight on Wednesday 11th September
                        - we are offering a huge 20% discount off our entire range of the following brands:
                        • Anatomic Gel
                        • Barker
                        • Bass
                        • Cheaney
                        • Church
                        • Crockett & Jones
                        • Edwards 1830
                        • Edward Green
                        • Gaziano & Girling
                        • Loake
                        • Magnanni
                        • R M Williams
                        • Rockport
                        • Sebago

Code: sep2013
                        There has never been a better time to treat your feet to the best pair of shoes you will ever own. To claim this offer visit us online at www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk.

Comment

30% off sale items at Banana Republic with no exclusions! BREXTRA

Picked up a Heritage Wool Blazer for ~$130
                          http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=905597002

Comment

Gilt is having an extra 25% off JCrew Factory promo code again. It's free so might as well grab it. Not sure if there's a limit but I got 2 just in case I decide to order something from JCF. It won't stack on top of another code but if they're running one of their 'all items 40% off' or whatever promos where it's already marked off without a code, then you can stack the 25% extra on top of that. Invite link is below in case you don't already have an account.
                            www.giltcity.com/invite/171755795aek3khfz394

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Gilt is having an extra 25% off JCrew Factory promo code again. It's free so might as well grab it. Not sure if there's a limit but I got 2 just in case I decide to order something from JCF. It won't stack on top of another code but if they're running one of their 'all items 40% off' or whatever promos where it's already marked off without a code, then you can stack the 25% extra on top of that. Invite link is below in case you don't already have an account.
                              www.giltcity.com/invite/171755795aek3khfz394
                              I have an account, not sure how to access it though. Howzat work?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                I have an account, not sure how to access it though. Howzat work?
                                Click on the link. It should still take you to the main page that has the deal listed on it. At least it does for me anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X