This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Further drops at Leffot!!! Now all sale items 50-70% off.
    http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/sale.html?limit=all
    Click through the shoe for the sale price.
    I'm tempted by the Alfred Sargent Belgrave Boot in oak, but only as something to drool over, they're still well out of my price range. But dammit, now I'll be comparing all other chelsea boots to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
      I'm tempted by the Alfred Sargent Belgrave Boot in oak, but only as something to drool over, they're still well out of my price range. But dammit, now I'll be comparing all other chelsea boots to them.
      I'd have a strong urge to take the plunge if they were returnable at all. It's a massive out of budget splurge, sure, but they look nice, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Crims View Post
        I'd have a strong urge to take the plunge if they were returnable at all. It's a massive out of budget splurge, sure, but they look nice, don't they?
        To be fair, if you dislike them you could most likely sell them here or on ebay without losing money. Hell, on ebay you might even make some money, it's happened to me before. Still a risk though. At this price I have to keep reminding myself of all the other things I could buy instead, and that helps curb the urge to buy.

Comment

GILT is having a sale on Loake, Grenson, and Alfred Sargent shoes as part of their English Shoemakers sale. Unfortunaly there's only about 12 hours left on it. I found out about it late last night and picked up these Loakes for $120 (got the additional $40 off using the same visa promo we did on the onwardreserve deal a month or two back).
          http://www.gilt.com/look/men?s_id=c7...&size_id=10042

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            GILT is having a sale on Loake, Grenson, and Alfred Sargent shoes as part of their English Shoemakers sale. Unfortunaly there's only about 12 hours left on it. I found out about it late last night and picked up these Loakes for $120 (got the additional $40 off using the same visa promo we did on the onwardreserve deal a month or two back).

Can you explain the visa promo?

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
              Can you explain the visa promo?
              Save 25% on your first purchase of $50 or more when you pay with your Visa® card at GILT. It's only good for new members however so I had to create a new gmail account to use it again.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...ame=Gilt&exp=1

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                There's some tempting stuff there, though it's a shame so much has already sold out and sizes are getting limited. I'm actually looking at the Peal and Co. Chukka boot instead, but it's in a similar price range. How do you make that Visa promo work? I can't for the life of me figure it out, even though I've found the visa page where it is mentioned. There's a redeem offer button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I missing?

Comment

There's some tempting stuff there, though it's a shame so much has already sold out and sizes are getting limited. I'm actually looking at the Peal and Co. Chukka boot instead, but it's in a similar price range. How do you make that Visa promo work? I can't for the life of me figure it out, even though I've found the visa page where it is mentioned. There's a redeem offer button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I missing?
                  I set up a new gmail account, then clicked redeem, joined and it gave me the promo. It has to be a totally new, unregistered member.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadanth View Post
                    I set up a new gmail account, then clicked redeem, joined and it gave me the promo. It has to be a totally new, unregistered member.
                    I dunno, it still didn't work for me. I cleared my entire browser history, cookies and all, made a new gmail account, went to the visa site with the coupon, clicked redeem, and got nothing. A tab opens for a few seconds and then immediately closes, with no results. Not sure what the deal is, but perhaps this just isn't in the cards for me.

Comment

I wish someone had posted the GILT deal on here sooner. I just happened across it accidentally while surfing late last night and luckily one of the ones I wanted still had my size remaining.

You click on the link, it takes you to Gilt. Once you get there, you have to sign up as a new member. It should automatically add the 25% off when you buy something. It should even show it in red I believe in your cart once you've added something.

Comment

After some more attempts, I figured my browser (Firefox) might be the issue, and tried it with internet explorer. It worked! Or rather, clicking on Visa's link finally opened a new window and took me to the gilt site. But even after making a new account there I didn't get any new discount, not on any items... So I'm really quite fed up with them and will simply shop elsewhere. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Comment

More drops at http://www.mindthechap.com/
                          Think they are going out of business, good deal on some bags.

Comment

Is the 20% off code not working for anyone else at Mind the Chap? If I sign up I still get the code but when I try and apply it the site says it's expired.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                              Is the 20% off code not working for anyone else at Mind the Chap? If I sign up I still get the code but when I try and apply it the site says it's expired.
                              Can't use the code with this sale, as it states "can not be combined with any other offer"

Comment

Walk Over shoes (suede bucks) <$100 in a range of somewhat common sizes. Wish the grey ones were in 10D, but they're available in 10.5 and 11:
                                http://www.yoox.com/us/men/sale/shoponline/walk-over_d/laced%20shoes_c#/d=14723&dept=salemen&gender=U&page=1&size=5&attrib utes={%27ctgr%27%3a[%27strngt%27]}&pricemax=250&season=P

Comment

Working...
                                X