This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Yup. It's not at my office and hasn't been returned to BR, so it's just...somewhere.
    Bizarre. I don't mean this to sound condescending, but what does it say when you use the tracking number from the shipment email on the USPS website?

I had that happen to me once with a J Crew Factory order. It took me about a week to sort it all out. It was our normal mailwoman's day off, so someone was filling in. Turned out he delivered it to 707D, not 807D, which was a block down from us. USPS didn't know this, of course, so I left notes in everyone's mailboxes with my phone number and pertinent information. No one called, so I went by 707D and knocked on the door. A nice middle-eastern lady answered the door and said that she had the package. She thought it was her sons because he orders lots of stuff online. The order was unharmed, but what an ordeal.

tl;dr - Smartpost sucks.

Comment

UPS's version is SurePost and yes, it isn't that great.

This is my first time (or first time I noticed) that it's through SurePost. Hopefully it'll be waiting at my door when I get home today.

The annoying part is when you see that it arrived at your local UPS distribution center late night. If its UPS delivering, itll be delivered the next day. But with SurePost, they eat up that day to get it to USPS and you know USPS isn't in a rush to get it out that same morning.

Cerritos, CA, United States 07/02/2013 7:32 A.M. Received by the local post office
      Cerritos, CA, United States 07/01/2013 11:09 A.M. Package transferred to post office
      07/01/2013 6:12 A.M. Destination Scan
      Cerritos, CA, United States 06/30/2013 9:40 P.M. Arrival Scan

... or are we all just spoiled by amazon prime?

Comment

I ordered blue neumok's off ebay and they were never delivered. I went through ebay at first and ebay person confirmed delivery and all that jazz. Post office even confirmed delivery, but they never showed up. I kept going through the post office until they finally said there was nothing I can do without proof of value which the ebayer had to provide. Then I contacted ebay and was outside their policy. Then I moved a week later. No two companies I hate more than ebay and paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
          Levi slim fit trucker jackets for $33 shipped, commuter about $15 more. Use code "insider35" for 35% off. Lowest price I've seen on these, I grabbed a bleacher light. Research sizing before you buy.

http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?...torePrice-LEVI
          Got the jacket in Dark Summit! Thanks for the code, I was going to buy this jacket this Fall but the price couldn't be beat!

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            Bizarre. I don't mean this to sound condescending, but what does it say when you use the tracking number from the shipment email on the USPS website?

I had that happen to me once with a J Crew Factory order. It took me about a week to sort it all out. It was our normal mailwoman's day off, so someone was filling in. Turned out he delivered it to 707D, not 807D, which was a block down from us. USPS didn't know this, of course, so I left notes in everyone's mailboxes with my phone number and pertinent information. No one called, so I went by 707D and knocked on the door. A nice middle-eastern lady answered the door and said that she had the package. She thought it was her sons because he orders lots of stuff online. The order was unharmed, but what an ordeal.

tl;dr - Smartpost sucks.
            It says it was delivered. I doubt it was misdelivered in the way you describe because I had it delivered to work. Sometimes things get misdelivered to one of the other mailrooms in the building, but the people in those places just walk them over to ours (and it had my firm name on it, so it's apparent where it should go). Meh, who knows? I've only ever had this sort of thing happen with Surepost or Smartpost, though.

Comment

YMMV, but my local JCPenney was giving an additional 25% off all clearance prices. Ended up with some Stafford Prep chinos for ~$9, a JCP button-down plaid shirt for ~$9, and a Stafford sport coat (the loud brown plaid from this spring) for ~$27.

Comment

Originally posted by nathos View Post
                YMMV, but my local JCPenney was giving an additional 25% off all clearance prices. Ended up with some Stafford Prep chinos for ~$9, a JCP button-down plaid shirt for ~$9, and a Stafford sport coat (the loud brown plaid from this spring) for ~$27.
                this is a national promo for the holidays; if you use their CC you get add'l 20% off also.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  It says it was delivered. I doubt it was misdelivered in the way you describe because I had it delivered to work. Sometimes things get misdelivered to one of the other mailrooms in the building, but the people in those places just walk them over to ours (and it had my firm name on it, so it's apparent where it should go). Meh, who knows? I've only ever had this sort of thing happen with Surepost or Smartpost, though.
                  When my Smartpost package disappeared, after a week or two, it resurfaced. It never showed delivered on USPS, but it showed that it reached the city it was supposed to be delivered in (which is in NY), and then took a hiatus to Puerto Rico. At that point, I called the company, scolded them for entrusting my package to USPS, and had them reship it. I remember them not sounding surprised.

Comment

Allen Edmonds Nathan via Jos A Bank for $40 ($15 shipping)?

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_299318

I'm in for a cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
                      Allen Edmonds Nathan via Jos A Bank for $40 ($15 shipping)?

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_299318

I'm in for a cancellation.
                      I'm in for 3 cancellations... One in each color.

Comment

also in for 1 cancellation!

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                          I'm in for 3 cancellations... One in each color.
                          And a pair for my brother for his birthday.

Comment

Well why not then. Been looking for black cap toes.
                            6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

I'll take my cancellation in burgundy, thank you.

Comment

Anxiously awaiting my cancellation!

Comment

Working...
                                X