Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Herring Shoes is having their seasonal sale.

    Comment


      Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      Herring Shoes is having their seasonal sale.
      Perfect timing. My birthday is in a coupel of weeks. I can PM you my address so you know where to send my gift.

      Comment


        Originally posted by alan View Post
        Perfect timing. My birthday is in a coupel of weeks. I can PM you my address so you know where to send my gift.
        Alan, I charge a flat $50 finders fee.

        Comment


          Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          Alan, I charge a flat $50 finders fee.
          I bet everybody wants to be your friend around Christmas. :-P

          Comment


            Good selection of messenger bags at MyHabit right now.

            Comment


              Levi slim fit trucker jackets for $33 shipped, commuter about $15 more. Use code "insider35" for 35% off. Lowest price I've seen on these, I grabbed a bleacher light. Research sizing before you buy.

              http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?...torePrice-LEVI

              Comment


                I went bleacher light. I don't own the jeans to make it a canadian tuxedo sadly.

                Comment


                  AE Katmai for $150 at LE: http://www.landsend.com/products/men...oots/id_228871

                  Comment


                    Bills Khakis summer sale!
                    http://billskhakis.com/Summer-Sale.aspx?View=All
                    For the uninitiated, the M3 cut is the slimmest for trousers, and even then is not super slim.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                      Bills Khakis summer sale!
                      http://billskhakis.com/Summer-Sale.aspx?View=All
                      For the uninitiated, the M3 cut is the slimmest for trousers, and even then is not super slim.
                      Why do so many people swear by these pants? (I guess they're mostly on AAAC but yeah)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        Yup. I've been going back and forth on this all day. I had my cart loaded several times and walked away, but I finally caved. I wound up with the tailored plaid linen blazer (full price $275) for $89 with the two stacked codes and a $10 reward.
                        ...but they sent it "Smart" Post and the post office tells me it was delivered on the 21st, when it most certainly was not. So, BR was cool and refunded my money, but it's kind of a bummer - I was looking forward to wearing that blazer, but they no longer have it in my size. Easy come, easy go I guess. Also, can I state for the record just how much I hate that Smartpost shipping method (and its UPS equivalent). I hate it a lot.

                        Comment


                          Smartpost is terrible. I've been through the same thing (not with BR, although I cringe every time I order from them and I see Smartpost in the shipping). What I found was that once FedEx hands it off to the USPS, they have no interest in helping you track it, and USPS has no interest in helping you, period.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            ...but they sent it "Smart" Post and the post office tells me it was delivered on the 21st, when it most certainly was not. So, BR was cool and refunded my money, but it's kind of a bummer - I was looking forward to wearing that blazer, but they no longer have it in my size. Easy come, easy go I guess. Also, can I state for the record just how much I hate that Smartpost shipping method (and its UPS equivalent). I hate it a lot.
                            So wait, what happened to your shipment in the end? Did it get lost?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                              Smartpost is terrible. I've been through the same thing (not with BR, although I cringe every time I order from them and I see Smartpost in the shipping). What I found was that once FedEx hands it off to the USPS, they have no interest in helping you track it, and USPS has no interest in helping you, period.
                              Exactly. Same with the UPS version. I hope these companies save a lot of money using the Smartpost methods, because it really screws the customer. Also, it makes tracking super deceptive by saying "delivered" on the FedEx or UPS website when all it means is delivered to the post office to sit on and maybe eventually get around to delivering it if they feel like it.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                So wait, what happened to your shipment in the end? Did it get lost?
                                Yup. It's not at my office and hasn't been returned to BR, so it's just...somewhere.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X